Quantcast
Anyone here work for Telus mobility? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone here work for Telus mobility?

Default Anyone here work for Telus mobility?

Hey guys, do you or anyone you know work for Telus mobility?

I'm looking to buy the Galaxy S6 outright when it comes out, but a lot of stores are telling me no.

So I'm hoping to find someone on the inside who could help me out?

Let me know plz =)

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

it's not gonna happen. not for a few weeks at the minimum.

Happens with all the big ticket item launches.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

If you are REALLY that desperate and want to show your friends whose the baller, just sign up a new line and cancel when you leave the store.

Also, most if not all carriers offer preorders on the website or in store. Have you tried to preorder it to be activated on your account?

EDIT:

I am current telus subscriber and i can upgrade online right now (still a preorder). 2yr or no term.
    Last edited by spike98; 03-12-2015 at 03:08 PM.

say what?! You can pre-order online with no term?!?!?

I've been trying to do that and it won't effin' let me!!

I think if you cancel right away it affects your credit history....

I used to work in the wireless industry.. we would always tell people no to buying it outright. You didn't make anything by selling it outright and i imagine its worst now then when it was 7 yrs ago.

You need to lie to the stores and tell them its for a new activation and then tell them you decided to buy it out right when you get to the store. I did this at the bell store with the gold iphones when they were impossible to get. They tried denying the purchase but i didn't take no for an answer.

They may also try and tell you visa isn't allowed on purchases but that's bs but in case they try to pull that have cash or debit. The stores are so shady and only worried about new customers...

Go in later at night. Find a young kid. Tell him you'll pay him 100 cash to sell you the phone outright

It's true. I've worked in the cell phone industry for a while. We were always told not to sell them outright even though you can.

Am sure you will be able to find one to buy outright on launch date.. Its not like its an iPhone

Originally posted by Hero_X
    say what?! You can pre-order online with no term?!?!?

I've been trying to do that and it won't effin' let me!!

I think if you cancel right away it affects your credit history....
    It will not effect your credit history in any way. The only thing is the enquiry but even still it will be marginal.

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

I've never had any problem buying phones without a contract, I've done it with 3 separate phones on Telus.

On another separate occasion I wanted a phone only Bell sold so I signed up for a contract for $30 a month, left the store and cancelled it after getting the phone.

After that I switched to Bell and wanted a phone only Telus sold so to avoid doing that again I brought my girlfriend with me and had her buy it on her account. I paid the money and I asked the guy in the store to give me the phone without activating it on her account. I got home, unlocked it and put it on my account on Bell.

I fail to see how you can have trouble buying the phone from anyone.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

Originally posted by Mar
    I've never had any problem buying phones without a contract, I've done it with 3 separate phones on Telus.

On another separate occasion I wanted a phone only Bell sold so I signed up for a contract for $30 a month, left the store and cancelled it after getting the phone.

After that I switched to Bell and wanted a phone only Telus sold so to avoid doing that again I brought my girlfriend with me and had her buy it on her account. I paid the money and I asked the guy in the store to give me the phone without activating it on her account. I got home, unlocked it and put it on my account on Bell.

I fail to see how you can have trouble buying the phone from anyone.
    Is there a particular telus store you go to? Because a lot of the ones I call refuse me right away.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Because these new phones are tracked, and can only be activated on terms, they can't be sold otherwise. All the big ticket phones are like this.

sure, you can activate a new contract, get the phone, cancel the contract, and then pay out the device balance, but that probably isnt a very cost effective strategy. Give it a month or so after launch for inventory to stabilize, and then you can buy the phone out right.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

if you sign up for a contract, get the phone, leave the store and call in to whatever carrier and cancel the contract, you would only be subjected to what fees?

- device balance obviously
    - one month service?
    - what else?

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Originally posted by Hero_X
    Is there a particular telus store you go to? Because a lot of the ones I call refuse me right away.
    No, I just went into the mall.
    For my HTC Sensation I had to go to Bell and sign up for their shortest contract which was 30 days. Then I cancelled it, unlocked the phone and put in my Telus SIM card. This was at a Bell store in Newfoundland. And it's not like the phones sell out, I walked into that store the day the phone was released and they had boxes of them. The funniest part of this story is I stopped in to do all that while on the way to my grandmother's funeral, that's how bad I wanted that phone.

Originally posted by spikerS
    Because these new phones are tracked, and can only be activated on terms, they can't be sold otherwise. All the big ticket phones are like this.

sure, you can activate a new contract, get the phone, cancel the contract, and then pay out the device balance, but that probably isnt a very cost effective strategy. Give it a month or so after launch for inventory to stabilize, and then you can buy the phone out right.
    I refuse to believe that, you have a company selling a product and they won't sell it to you? That defies the most basic business models, it doesn't make any logical sense. Go in the store, ask for it and pull money out of your pocket, I don't think they're going to tell you to get lost.

The easiest way to do it is how I got my Samsung Galaxy S3, I took my girlfriend into the store and she was a Telus customer (I had switched to Bell) and got her to buy the phone straight up on her account. I handed the salesman the cash, told him not to activate the phone, just give it to me and I was on my way. She still had her regular phone on her account and I had my new phone. $20 to unlock it and I was using it an hour later.

Originally posted by EK69
    if you sign up for a contract, get the phone, leave the store and call in to whatever carrier and cancel the contract, you would only be subjected to what fees?

- device balance obviously
    - one month service?
    - what else?
    Nothing else if you only sign the contract for 30 days. If you sign a longer contract, Telus charges $20 per month remaining on the term. The killer is they require 30 days notice to cancel so if you cancel it the same day you buy the phone, you still need to pay for the whole month.
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by Mar

I refuse to believe that, you have a company selling a product and they won't sell it to you? That defies the most basic business models, it doesn't make any logical sense. Go in the store, ask for it and pull money out of your pocket, I don't think they're going to tell you to get lost.
    You can refuse to believe it all you want, I am telling you how it is. You sound like one of the anti-vaxers, but then again, it is you we are talking about...
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

have any of you tried logging in online to see if you can pre order it ?

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

1. Find a Telus customer friend.
    2. Go to store.
    3. Buy.

Problem solved.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

What happens when you want to renew your contract with Telus but keep the awesome plan you currently have? Can you do that? i.e. Share Plan you had since way back when.

Is there a way to keep your current plan and just renew the contract and get the 2 year phone cost? Or is the only way to buy the phone outright to keep the current plan? Too many bad Telus reps out there that tell you a million different things and don't know shit about older stuff.

Originally posted by Disoblige
    What happens when you want to renew your contract with Telus but keep the awesome plan you currently have? Can you do that? i.e. Share Plan you had since way back when.

Is there a way to keep your current plan and just renew the contract and get the 2 year phone cost? Or is the only way to buy the phone outright to keep the current plan? Too many bad Telus reps out there that tell you a million different things and don't know shit about older stuff.
    Negative, if you want to keep your plan you have to buy a phone outright or bring your own device.

If you want to extend by two years, you're forced to go their new plans.

All top cell phone providers are now doing this.

Yup, they won't let you keep your plan. Telus and a lot of providers are trying to push customers out of the good ol' plans.

Also, I checked online when logged into Telus to see if i could pre-order (and buy out right) but no dice.

I did talk to a rep online and asked about cancellation though... so another idea would be to sign up for a "new line", on a 2 yr term and then cancel right away. This will result in cost of device fee + 50$ cancellation fee.

Mar, when you did this with bell/telus, did you incur any additional charges?

i just saw bestbuy is offering pre orders as well.

Check with them to see if they will sell outright

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast