Quantcast
Does anyone here work for Telus - new cable cutomer - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Does anyone here work for Telus - new cable cutomer

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Originally posted by ZMan2k2

Another question. I would sign up for the 3 year deal with the free digital boxes. After the 3 years, do I have to pay for rental of the boxes, or is the rental still free? Because that would be a deciding factor as well.
    I know you already decided, but for those who are wondering, after 3 years those boxes become free rentals, so if you get them on a 3 year contract, you get to keep them after the 3 years as a loyalty thing.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by ZMan2k2
    Sorry SpikerS. I have finished negotiations with Shaw, and came out with the better deal. I switched to Internet 15, but keep 250Gb of download space, even though the most I download is XBOXONE games. Everything else in the house is simple web browsing over wifi, so the speed difference means nothing to us. I dropped a bunch of channels we never watched, and the phone service remains the same. I went from $165/month with the loyalty discount to $115/month with a 2 year loyalty discount and one free VOD movie per month for 2 years. I figure I'll save more in 3 years than I would have with Telus over 3 years, which would have been $90/month for the first year, and $161/month for the other two.
    hey man, it's nothing to apologize for. You made a decision that you feel suits you and your situation best. Why would I be mad?

I hope it works out for you, if in the future you decide to switch, let me know and I will see what I can do to help.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    POW

Default Re: Does anyone here work for Telus - new cable cutomer

Originally posted by ricosuave
    I am going to switch from Shaw to Telus - they are ready to run fiber optic in my neighborhood.

I'd like to get a deal and sign up with someone on the inside if possible.

PM me please.
    You have fibre to your home? Which neighborhood?

My Ride
    A big red Taco, '99 4Runner

Originally posted by spikerS

hey man, it's nothing to apologize for. You made a decision that you feel suits you and your situation best. Why would I be mad?

I hope it works out for you, if in the future you decide to switch, let me know and I will see what I can do to help.
    It was tough negotiating with Shaw, they didn't want to give anything up. But I had the Telus site open, had my package picked, and was telling her, "All I have to do is click the button." They gave me quite a bit, and I'm happy with the savings, and the wife gets to keep her email address. I only lost one channel that I watched occasionally, SpikeTV. Used to watch the Powerblock on there, but thought about it, and haven't watched it in a few months, so I'm not disappointed. We'll see how it works out after Shaw starts raising prices, like they usually do, so I may yet be calling on you.

jesus, doesn't telus have any plans where they don't require a 3 year contract?
    wow

My Ride
    03' B6

Telus guy just solicited in my area (Mt. Pleasant) and explained they just installed fibre optic in the area, so I'm in the same situation.

I've been a shaw customer for quite a while now... no real perks but nothing to really complain about... I believe I'm paying $135/ month for internet and cable, HBO, Movie Channel etc..

Can someone tell me how much I could save by switching to Telus for the same plan?

My Ride

Originally posted by Dumbass17
    wow
    Yes they do, all of them. 3 year contract is if you want something special like free stb or whatever, if you don't want any commitments then just do month to month. wow.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

wow
    None of them require a contract. But if you want the free boxes, or other "gift" like the TV or laptop or whatever the flavor is at that particular time, they do require a service term.

If you want to sign up month to month, there is nothing stopping you.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by Jerms
    Telus guy just solicited in my area (Mt. Pleasant) and explained they just installed fibre optic in the area, so I'm in the same situation.

I've been a shaw customer for quite a while now... no real perks but nothing to really complain about... I believe I'm paying $135/ month for internet and cable, HBO, Movie Channel etc..

Can someone tell me how much I could save by switching to Telus for the same plan?
    I don't want to sound rude, but no one on here knows what kind of package you have with shaw.

If you want to find out, get your shaw bill, and compare it to what is on the TELUS website and find out if you would save or not.

that question is pretty rediculars.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Surprise to me, apparently you can get no term plans at TELUS - just peeked at their web site and saw such. No term plan, basic Optik TV plan (Essentials), 50mbps internet, basic telephone, no long distance plan for $80 per month for first 6 months and $132 after that for new customers - not sure if this is a good deal or not. One can compare just by going to TELUS' web site and playing around with things.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    06 F-150

I'm currently with Telus for tv and internet. Had a six month new customer deal, but now it's shot up to like 180 a month.

Likely just going to get rid of television altogether, and buy the streaming sports packages. Live sports is all I watch on tv, just download everything else.

I've been happy with Telus internet, but I believe recently they put a cap on the downloading. Since I'll be streaming all of my sports, and downloading tv shows/movies does anyone recommend a certain provider for doing this?

I want high quality streaming, and not to get hit with extra charges for downloading a ton of crap.

Also, does anyone buy NHL Center Ice, MLB Extra Innings, NFL Sunday Ticket, etc and stream the sports? Wondering how high of quality it is, and if you can actually watch in HD.

I can't not have HD sports in my life.

My Ride

Originally posted by chathamf
    I'm currently with Telus for tv and internet. Had a six month new customer deal, but now it's shot up to like 180 a month.

Likely just going to get rid of television altogether, and buy the streaming sports packages. Live sports is all I watch on tv, just download everything else.

I've been happy with Telus internet, but I believe recently they put a cap on the downloading. Since I'll be streaming all of my sports, and downloading tv shows/movies does anyone recommend a certain provider for doing this?

I want high quality streaming, and not to get hit with extra charges for downloading a ton of crap.

Also, does anyone buy NHL Center Ice, MLB Extra Innings, NFL Sunday Ticket, etc and stream the sports? Wondering how high of quality it is, and if you can actually watch in HD.

I can't not have HD sports in my life.
    I don't understand how people have these massive bills. You say you only watch sports....so why are you paying for everything else?

I pay $140 per month for 50mbps internet + Optik TV with 3 HD packages, phone through VOIP.MS

Basic TV is $29 + $9 sports pack..and you have most of your sports for $38. If you truly don't need anything else, then you got all your local news and channels and all your sports. This is after any promo prices too...so regular price.

It's an extra $15 to make your internet unlimited with Telus......so pick the speed, pay $15 and download all you want. I don't know why people are so bent out of shape about this. I swear sometimes reading some posts on beyond is like watching the news, exaggerate everything.

I consider myself a high bandwidth user on 50mbps plan...I get about 320gb per month with wife on Netflix/Youtube 24/7 and me downloading anything of interest in HD.

Telus internet at 25mbps is $63 bucks, $78 if you want it to be unlimited...50mbps for $93 for unlimited..

So HD SPORTS + all local channels + unlimited internet for $116 + tax...additional HD packs are $9 if you need to add more.

So perhaps you can get just internet somewhere and sign up for individual streaming packages, but why add all that complexity, I for one much rather pay for something that simply works then to fuck around with things.

Originally posted by spikerS

None of them require a contract. But if you want the free boxes, or other "gift" like the TV or laptop or whatever the flavor is at that particular time, they do require a service term.

If you want to sign up month to month, there is nothing stopping you.
    I signed up with Shaw for two main reason
    1) Shaw wifi free around the city

2) Telus's website is horrible and wouldn't recognize or even let me edit my address

My Ride

I signed up with Shaw for two main reason
    1) Shaw wifi free around the city

2) Telus's website is horrible and wouldn't recognize or even let me edit my address
    Telus has free wifi in places now too, isn't as widespread as shaw yet. Don't use Wifi personally so it's useless to me really, got sufficient data plan on LTE, probably faster then shaw anyways. Had shaw open for a while as my buddy added my phone to his shaw account, didn't work very well for me in places I frequented.

As for the website, not sure where you were looking, their account site is pretty good I find. I heard the address search for availability can be flaky

Telus is offering 6 months free Netflix (if you don't have a subscription already) with 3 yr contract that can be combined with the free gift deal. Also if you are doing 50mbps you get a free Wifi extender installed too. I work for Telus Retail. Shoot me a PM if you have any specific questions. Also I'd be happy to look into Optik availability for those that can't find it on the website.

Originally posted by eblend

Telus has free wifi in places now too, isn't as widespread as shaw yet. Don't use Wifi personally so it's useless to me really, got sufficient data plan on LTE, probably faster then shaw anyways. Had shaw open for a while as my buddy added my phone to his shaw account, didn't work very well for me in places I frequented.
    yea, #TELUS, you can log in with any email actually. You don't have to be a Telus customer. If you have a Telus sim in your phone/tablet, it auto connects to #TELUSDIRECT if your wifi is on.
    Last edited by imhungry; 03-25-2015 at 09:21 PM.

My Ride
    B8 Avant S-line

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/telus...redit-1443852/

great breakdown of the current promos with telus right now. i'm thinking of just getting internet only, does anyone get anything if they refer me? If you do, pm me and I'll use you as a referral.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

My latest gripe , this time with telus, aparently they are now in the habit of sending door to door pushy salesmen who want to argue with me about whether or not I inderstand their service and saying me not switching to them is ignorant.

Fuck I hate those kinds of sales tactics.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Any one know how to get on any a good deal / promo with telus for a newly built home? Just shopping around right now and not sure if first time home buyers are eligible for any kind of incentives.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2