Quantcast
Would you buy a Hyundai Veloster? - Page 18 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you buy a Hyundai Veloster?

My Ride
    Volvo S60 & Jeep GC

Originally posted by riander5

You don't have a 'nicer looking car'
    At least it isn't a mustang though

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

Originally posted by GTS4tw

Some of the older ones are nice, but the new ones...ya that's a little pot calling the kettle black.

No car update??
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Took me awhile but i finished

Not sure what to say Mar, you ask for advice on a couple cars and 99% of the posts say to stay away from the veloster(couple veloster owners too) but you get it anyways. You negotiate a deal to only find out you didn't get a deal but you go with the shady dealer anyways. The same dealer that tricked you into thinking you got a deal is now saying they cant get the color you want(could've got deposit back) but you still stay with them and settle for a different color?!?!?!

No wonder this thread is as big as it is I was kinda mad reading this lol Its like those movies where people are getting chased and of all places to run they run upstairs in the house, the dealer was chasing you and you run into their dealership.

Glad you're happy with the purchase

The home purchase with friends is a whole other level of crazy so hopefully you learned from that
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by GTS4tw

What? The 2015 Mustang is a thing of beauty inside and out. Totally blows away my old 2012 Mustang GT. The Veloster is okay for this type of car but comparing to a Mustang is like comparing Tobey Maquire to Vin Diesel.

Everytime I sit in a newer and newer Mustang, it still feels like my old '91. Some things don't change with those cars.

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

OEM windshield has been ordered and paid for by the dealership.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

OEM windshield was installed today. It took 7 hours and they didn't even wash my car.
    They did give me a loaner Santa Fe though, that was cool, though I hated it.
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

Originally posted by Mar
    OEM windshield was installed today. It took 7 hours and they didn't even wash my car.
    They did give me a loaner Santa Fe though, that was cool, though I hated it.
    Is it really OEM? I'm skeptical they would install OEM glass instead you likely got aftermarket glass. OEM glass would have to be stamped with the Hyundai logo and whatnot...

Santa Fe is a horrible car like most of the Hyundai line up :\ Slopppy steering wheel issues galore.

My Ride
    1917 Model T, VW Baja, '18 Ram 2500 CTD/6spd

Originally posted by mazdavirgin
    Slopppy steering wheel issues galore.
    I find any Hyundai or Kia with electric power steering is awful to drive. No steering feedback whatsoever, it's more of a 'suggestion wheel' than a steering wheel.

My Ride
    2013 FR-S

Saw this thread and was able to convince my brother to get a new VW GTI instead...

Originally posted by mazdavirgin

Is it really OEM? I'm skeptical they would install OEM glass instead you likely got aftermarket glass. OEM glass would have to be stamped with the Hyundai logo and whatnot...
    Thinking the same thing. My bet is non OEM

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Originally posted by austic

Some of the older ones are nice, but the new ones...ya that's a little pot calling the kettle black.
    I never even said my car was nice - but really if you put an orange veloster next to a GT track pack mustang and told me the veloster was nicer.... beauty is in the eyes of the beholder I guess

GL with your car Mar, you deserve it after what you have gone through to get it!

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Take a picture of the windshield stamp and we'll see. If it was non OEM, I would have much rather kept the OEM with a small blemish on it than switch to non-OEM that will be much worse down the road.

My Ride
    W204

Originally posted by Disoblige
    Take a picture of the windshield stamp and we'll see. If it was non OEM, I would have much rather kept the OEM with a small blemish on it than switch to non-OEM that will be much worse down the road.
    I dunno... This is Hyundai glass we're talking about. There's no evidence that says the factory Hyundai glass is better than 3rd party glass. Unless the install was completely botched, I wouldn't worry about it. It's just a windshield and chances are, being AB, it would've been replaced in a year anyhow.

Now take my C Class for instance.. I have never seen glass pit as bad as the fucking glass on this Merc. And it's was only winter driven only one year. Seriously I'd be very happy with 3rd party glass on this car but from what I hear, you can only get Merc glass.

Really, who fucking cares. There's a new windshield installed like they said they would.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by clem24
    I dunno... This is Hyundai glass we're talking about. There's no evidence that says the factory Hyundai glass is better than 3rd party glass. Unless the install was completely botched, I wouldn't worry about it. It's just a windshield and chances are, being AB, it would've been replaced in a year anyhow.

Now take my C Class for instance.. I have never seen glass pit as bad as the fucking glass on this Merc. And it's was only winter driven only one year. Seriously I'd be very happy with 3rd party glass on this car but from what I hear, you can only get Merc glass.

Really, who fucking cares. There's a new windshield installed like they said they would.
    My tsx has tons of pitting too. Never driven a car that had the issue.

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

If it's soft you get pits, if it's hard you get cracks. Pick one.

Knock on wood I still had original windshield on my Jetta after 7 years and still haven't replaced the FRS or Outlander... <now jinxed>
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

My Ride
    W204

Originally posted by Khyron
    If it's soft you get pits, if it's hard you get cracks. Pick one.
    Yeah well the windshield on my C class is pitted AND cracked. FML.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

I kept forgetting to look but yesterday I noticed the Hyundai logo on the glass, it is OEM.

And after 1 month of ownership I can honestly say I love this car. If I regretted anything I would admit it but I'm very glad I didn't get the Civic. I didn't realize how great it could be owning a hatchback, everything is way easier. My hockey gear, snowboard, mountain bike, it all fits in the back no problem. I have the benefit of a 2 door car on my side while my passengers have the benefit of a 4 door on their side, it's faster than almost everything else in its class, it has more features than almost everything else and it makes me smile just looking at it. I think it looks better than the Civic, FRS and GTI.

It's just personal preference but I ended up with the car I like most in my price range, I'm very happy with my decision. The only thing I don't like is my $130 per month gas bill has turned into $260 because I can't keep it out of boost, it's too much fun.

Another funny note, the Civic is so highly regarded in resale value that I actually had someone come knock on my door a couple of days ago and ask if I was selling my old one after they noticed I bought a new car. That's the only thing I'll miss with owning a Hyundai.

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 ... LastLast