Quantcast
Cutting programs - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cutting programs

My Ride
    981 GT4/F82 M4

Originally posted by A790

That's pretty low.

My BMR is just under 2,000 calories per day. Given that I'm in the gym/exercising 6 days per week, eating at that level would likely cause as much muscle loss as it would fat loss.

TDEE is generally the better bet so long as you're honest about it.
    Oh I agree, what I meant was calculating and adding workouts manually above your BMR. Ie: my BMR is around 1600, Log my food let's say 2000 for a day total, workout and burn 400 calories in that day and I would be at maintenance etc. Easier to work from that baseline and then decide what needs to be adjusted imo. It's easier to be "honest" about adding in what you do each individual day rather than some predetermined activity level as specified by the TDEE calculator.

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    Based on that I'm at 2,897 calories per day (Milflin-St. Jeor) but, I have tried and tried and I just cannot keep up with tracking my intake so I just base success on the daily weigh-in and average appearance

Good luck chathamf !
    Agreed. Could never wrap my head around this calorie counting bullshit. That's assuming each identical weight piece of food has EXACTLY the same amount of calories as the next, I call bullshit. Protein, carbs and fats is all I track and poorly at best lol. Of course for the inexperienced and used to following directions a down-to-the-last-calorie meal plan might work best but I think once you've got a routine down you're much better off listening to your body and tracking how it reacts to what foods and when, and making appropriate adjustments if and when the daily weigh ins and aesthetics start becoming unsatisfactory.

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Everyone here getting lean and I just hit 274lbs
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    TypeR

Originally posted by zipdoa
    Everyone here getting lean and I just hit 274lbs
    Haha I've been on a permanent bulk for 9 months and have no plan on cutting. Just trying to maintain that 14-18% bf. 215lbs and counting lol
    IG:scboss

so i'm not an expert at all here, but I have noticed one thing for me over the past 4 or 5 months. I stopped consuming a pre-workout meal, whether thats protein, or some supplement, or actual food.. i stopped altogether and noticed that it made NO difference in my energy levels during my work out and I've been cutting faster due to those unnecessary calories being removed.
    I used to have some oatmeal, or some complex carbs, even just 100 - 150 calories worth to get me going before a workout. one day I was going to play hockey at lunch and forgot that I hadnt eaten since breakfast and i felt WEAK and hungry. i thought to myself that there was no way I was going to play with the same energy level as usual. within 1 minute of being on ice I forgot completely that i 'had no energy', played normally and it didnt seem to affect my performance at all. ever since, I just cut it out, and I've noticed the same results for weight lifting, other cardio, or anything I do. It feels rough for the first minute or two and then it's fine. same with early morning workouts... I dont eat breakfast until after.

clearly I have no scientific data on whether or not this is healthy or the right way to go, but I've noticed positive results.

Originally posted by timdog
    so i'm not an expert at all here, but I have noticed one thing for me over the past 4 or 5 months. I stopped consuming a pre-workout meal, whether thats protein, or some supplement, or actual food.. i stopped altogether and noticed that it made NO difference in my energy levels during my work out and I've been cutting faster due to those unnecessary calories being removed.
    I used to have some oatmeal, or some complex carbs, even just 100 - 150 calories worth to get me going before a workout. one day I was going to play hockey at lunch and forgot that I hadnt eaten since breakfast and i felt WEAK and hungry. i thought to myself that there was no way I was going to play with the same energy level as usual. within 1 minute of being on ice I forgot completely that i 'had no energy', played normally and it didnt seem to affect my performance at all. ever since, I just cut it out, and I've noticed the same results for weight lifting, other cardio, or anything I do. It feels rough for the first minute or two and then it's fine. same with early morning workouts... I dont eat breakfast until after.

clearly I have no scientific data on whether or not this is healthy or the right way to go, but I've noticed positive results.
    I once smoked a j before playing hockey. I thought I was flying by everyone on the ice. Everyone else saw it differently.

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

Originally posted by warcaster

Haha I've been on a permanent bulk for 9 months and have no plan on cutting. Just trying to maintain that 14-18% bf. 215lbs and counting lol
    Good stuff, I've only been trying to cut weight since I have to meet a weight class for my first meet. Other than that as long as you keep your calories in check along with accountable training it'll be no issue

Originally posted by rage2
    Can someone who speaks brown please translate this for me please?

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Originally posted by shadowz

Good stuff, I've only been trying to cut weight since I have to meet a weight class for my first meet. Other than that as long as you keep your calories in check along with accountable training it'll be no issue
    Are you going to be competing at Strive Alive?

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

Originally posted by KRyn

Are you going to be competing at Strive Alive?
    Unfortunately no it will be "Last Chance" Alberta Powerlifting Union/PeakPower contest June 7

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Unfortunately no it will be "Last Chance" Alberta Powerlifting Union/PeakPower contest June 7
    Make sure you are familiar with all the commands you will be expected to follow. The worst thing a new lifter can do is miss a lift on a technical error. Also insure you understand what proper IPF squat depth is. Have you been working with an experienced lifter or coach prior to your first meet? I found practicing all of the commands during my meet prep was the best way to get comfortable and confident with all the commands and rules. Best of luck I will check the results when they are released.

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

Make sure you are familiar with all the commands you will be expected to follow. The worst thing a new lifter can do is miss a lift on a technical error. Also insure you understand what proper IPF squat depth is. Have you been working with an experienced lifter or coach prior to your first meet? I found practicing all of the commands during my meet prep was the best way to get comfortable and confident with all the commands and rules. Best of luck I will check the results when they are released.
    Thanks so much, yup totally understand everything that I'm about to experience. Have two great coaches at Peak Power. Barry Antoniow and Michael Souster.

^^ Holy fuck all of that sounds like it takes all the fun out of it lol

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Have two great coaches at Peak Power. Barry Antoniow and Michael Souster.

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

Not a fan of these two I'm guessing?

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Not a fan of these two I'm guessing?

No I am not. However, if you like them, the service they provide and you are seeing good growth and development as a lifter that is all that matters.

My Ride
    TypeR

Thanks so much, yup totally understand everything that I'm about to experience. Have two great coaches at Peak Power. Barry Antoniow and Michael Souster.
    Souster was my exercise physiology teacher in university and by far my favorite teacher
    IG:scboss

My Ride
    06 F-150

Just about to finish off day 8. So far I think I've only went over my 1900 calories once and a few days I was quite a bit under. I didn't have any fruit last week on my grocery list so I found it super hard to reach my carb numbers, and wasn't eating enough throughout the day.

Usually been having a little bit of junk if I have a couple hundred calories left at the end of the day, or had a hard workout that day. Getting much easier, and portioning things is coming more natural.

Think I lost 2lbs last week. Did HIIT cardio three times, and lifted 4 times throughout the week. Looking forward to staying at it and seeing some actual results.

Originally posted by chathamf
    Just about to finish off day 8. So far I think I've only went over my 1900 calories once and a few days I was quite a bit under. I didn't have any fruit last week on my grocery list so I found it super hard to reach my carb numbers, and wasn't eating enough throughout the day.

Usually been having a little bit of junk if I have a couple hundred calories left at the end of the day, or had a hard workout that day. Getting much easier, and portioning things is coming more natural.

Think I lost 2lbs last week. Did HIIT cardio three times, and lifted 4 times throughout the week. Looking forward to staying at it and seeing some actual results.
    You will see results! Just stick with it and you'll get there. If I may suggest, vegetables over fruits if you're not meeting your carb numbers, to avoid that extra sugar.

My Ride
    FD3S, DC4

Does anyone know if cutting faster or cutting slower is a better way to go about it or is that all a bunch of broscience?

A buddy keeps insisting it's best to cut more gradually to maintain strength, but so long as I keep my intensity up, shouldn't it be okay to cut even more calories since I'll eventually lose strength anyway?

For the record, my "normal" TDEE is 2700 cal; I cut 300 off of that and I was thinking I could manage to cut another 200. I'm keeping a 40P/30C/30F split and my strength loss has been minimal.

^^ Everybody's different. Anybody who sat thru a few nutrition seminars, knows some big name in bodybuilding and competed here and there can claim to have all the magical answers, but in the end you have to experiment and find what works best for you. My PR bench press and squats were at my lightest weight a few weeks ago.

My armchair expert advice would be to not be so anal about a couple of hundred calories here and there, just as long as you're active even when you're not in the gym.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast