Quantcast
Cutting programs - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Cutting programs

Get rid of the wife and kids so you have more time to focus on yourself and get the results you want and deserve.

It's the only way.

lol, I tried doing full out sprints 20sec and 60sec rest and my shins were destroyed after 3 cycles. I was aiming for 8.

My Ride
    06 F-150

Originally posted by beecue
    lol, I tried doing full out sprints 20sec and 60sec rest and my shins were destroyed after 3 cycles. I was aiming for 8.
    I decided to go to a hill near my house and do hill sprints last summer. Did about 4 trips up and down and I got so dizzy and sick I had to hold on to a tree to keep myself up and nearly lost my dinner, haha.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by heavyfuel
    Get rid of the wife and kids so you have more time to focus on yourself and get the results you want and deserve.

It's the only way.
    I love new Vincent.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    06 F-150

It's the only way.
    Done deal. Sunday night. It's going down.

My Ride
    06 F-150

Default Re: Re: Re: Cutting programs

Agreed, minus the nutritionist. No one plan is universal but all human bodies are relatively similar hence there's plenty of info online that should help you find something that works for you. You gotta prep all your meals, weigh all your meals. track your carbs/fats/proteins, simpy put you gotta be a Nazi about it, like I mean obsessed if you want the results. Just remember one key thing- what you do in the gym won't mean a fuckin thing if you're not eating right. You might get big and strong but who cares about that if you look like shit, right?

I could go on but the keyboard bros are gonna come out and counter everything I say, despite my obvious and awesome results. So gotta leave it at this. You can and will do it if you want it bad enough tho.
    What kind of results have you had?

My Ride
    06 F-150

Any nutritionists on here, or just someone who knows the meal prepping/cutting process really well? Would appreciate some help in getting started. Will pay. PM me.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

You don't need to pay for a nutritionist unless you're looking to get really lean. If you're trying to cut into that 9-11% range (most "aesthetic" range for a lot of people) you can do it by restricting calories and placing protein first.

Place protein as the macro you need to hit. Since you are calorie restricted your fats/carbs will fall into a reasonable split and you don't need to worry about them much.

Meals are pretty easy once you gain perspective for portion sizes, but until you do, weigh everything.

A typical meal for me looks like:

7-9 oz lean protein
    Two servings of vegetables
    Complex carb (sweet potato, yam, fruit, etc.)

I'll cook the veggies with olive oil, sometimes a little but of butter, etc. I don't go crazy though, just enough for flavor.

I shoot for around 700 calories and 60+ grams of protein in a meal.

My Ride
    06 F-150

Cam I eat steak? Haha. Just butchered a beautiful strip loin from Costco into 16 steaks. Pretty fatty though haha.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Cutting programs

Originally posted by chathamf

What kind of results have you had?
    Went from a size 38 to 34, and even 34 is a bit big but I can't quite fit into 32's yet. 255 to 220-225, In 7ish months. Really serious about my diet. Minimum 250g/protein per day, no rice, beans or potatoes. 150g portions 4-6 times/day, 8-10 eggs/day, soy milk, peanut butter, banana shakes with oat meal for breakfast and pre wrokout. Cut out milk and whey protein just replaced it with more fish, chicken, beef, turkey, whatever protein and I feel much better and stronger. I never really count calories just grams of protein, carbs and fat. 4 days on, 2 off. Days are split into chest, legs, shoulders/back/traps, bis/tris/abs. I do 100 crunches and cardio every workout. I started with 30 minutes of cardio on the bike but since the hardware in my leg and knee stopped bugging me I've been running 2km at the end of each workout, wanna be doing 5km within 4-6 weeks. I also have a physical job which helps big time. And I am blessed with a gf whom I don't live with and is equally into fitness so I'm fortunate enough to be able to be a selfish prick about it.

And I'm gonna be 40 this August.

My Ride
    06 F-150

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cutting programs

Went from a size 38 to 34, and even 34 is a bit big but I can't quite fit into 32's yet. 255 to 220-225, In 7ish months. Really serious about my diet. Minimum 250g/protein per day, no rice, beans or potatoes. 150g portions 4-6 times/day, 8-10 eggs/day, soy milk, peanut butter, banana shakes with oat meal for breakfast and pre wrokout. Cut out milk and whey protein just replaced it with more fish, chicken, beef, turkey, whatever protein and I feel much better and stronger. I never really count calories just grams of protein, carbs and fat. 4 days on, 2 off. Days are split into chest, legs, shoulders/back/traps, bis/tris/abs. I do 100 crunches and cardio every workout. I started with 30 minutes of cardio on the bike but since the hardware in my leg and knee stopped bugging me I've been running 2km at the end of each workout, wanna be doing 5km within 4-6 weeks. I also have a physical job which helps big time. And I am blessed with a gf whom I don't live with and is equally into fitness so I'm fortunate enough to be able to be a selfish prick about it.

And I'm gonna be 40 this August.
    Sounds like your killing it pretty good man. Good work. Beastmode. Haha. That takes some major dedication.

My Ride
    Subaru GR

Some good info on here, some not so accurate. Only principle you have to be cognitive is: caloric deficit which many have outlined before.

First step is to figure out what your body uses daily in terms of calories and then target diet around that number and slowly decrease it. Of course macro composition of those calories on top.

Meal frequency / meal timing dies not play a factor at all in cutting. Eat 7 times a day or twice. It doesn't affect the outcome.

You can go heavy protein / fat with minimal carbs or keto diet is effective. But such diet can't be sustained very long. Acidity in the body builds up and can be detrimental to your health, plus you feel like shiet during.

As for gym regiment. You have to keep the heavy weight up during the cut in order to help preserve lean body mass. If overload is not present, LBM losses can be significant.

Finally like mentioned earlier, keep track of what you consume like a Nazi. its the best road map of where you are and where you need to be.
    Psalm 144(1): Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

My Ride
    06 F-150

Finally started tracking my macros. I got a body fat caliper and calculated that, and used the calculator at IIFYM to get my macros.

I'm going with 1982 calories a day. 223g of carbs, 44g of fat, and 173 gram of protein. I'm 184 lbs, 5'9 and 29 years old.

Today hasn't been too bad. I currently have about 300 calories left for the day. Will prob have a protein shake in a bit and call it a night.

I am pretty damn low on my carb intake, going to hit the protein right on pretty much, but my fat content is a bit higher. Does it a make a big difference as long as you stay at the proper calories? I'm not a huge carb guy, and like a little fat, haha.

Plan on doing 4 lifting days a week, and 2-3 cardio sessions with an ab workout.

My Ride
    TypeR

Originally posted by chathamf
    Finally started tracking my macros. I got a body fat caliper and calculated that, and used the calculator at IIFYM to get my macros.

I'm going with 1982 calories a day. 223g of carbs, 44g of fat, and 173 gram of protein. I'm 184 lbs, 5'9 and 29 years old.

Today hasn't been too bad. I currently have about 300 calories left for the day. Will prob have a protein shake in a bit and call it a night.

I am pretty damn low on my carb intake, going to hit the protein right on pretty much, but my fat content is a bit higher. Does it a make a big difference as long as you stay at the proper calories? I'm not a huge carb guy, and like a little fat, haha.

Plan on doing 4 lifting days a week, and 2-3 cardio sessions with an ab workout.
    nice man good to see you finding the right info. As far as carbs go I would just eat them especially right before you workout. It will give you more energy and it will make the "pumps" you get way better.

I personally quit using preworkouts and such for my new years resolution and have found carbs to be my saving grace.
    IG:scboss

My Ride
    Has wheels

Chathamf, keep this thread updated with your progress.

Question for anyone else and I didn't research this at all, not yet anyways.

How do you figure out what your body uses calorie wise? I'm 28 6'4ish 230lbs+/- hit the gym pretty well everyday. Have a fairly physical job when on shift.

Time to do some more reading I guess.

My Ride

Originally posted by bruceod

How do you figure out what your body uses calorie wise? I'm 28 6'4ish 230lbs+/- hit the gym pretty well everyday. Have a fairly physical job when on shift.

https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid...e%20calculator

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Based on that I'm at 2,897 calories per day (Milflin-St. Jeor) but, I have tried and tried and I just cannot keep up with tracking my intake so I just base success on the daily weigh-in and average appearance

Good luck chathamf !
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    981 GT4/F82 M4

I find that the best way is to calculate using your basal metaoblic rate (BMR) rather than trying to enter in levels of physical activity/workouts per week etc. That way if you have a lazier/more active day etc you can account for it. Most people should be +/- 100 what BMR says for sedentary given variations in hormones, genetics etc.

My Ride
    06 F-150

Originally posted by bruceod

When I calculated I put that I attend gym 4 times a week and work a somewhat active job. I think this was fair as some weeks I'll work out more sometime less and my job varies from pretty physical to sitting on my ass driving doing service calls all day. I also put my body fat percentage in the calculator I used. For cutting I put in aggressive cut which is about 2 lbs a week I believe. 1900ish calories is my magic cutting number but I feel I can prob go a bit over if I'm working out thay day.

Today I haven't eaten supper yet but have only taken in about 900 calories so far. I'm starving and cranky. Haha. Find it hard to take in enough calories when what I'm eating is so healthy.

My Ride

Originally posted by BananaFob
    I find that the best way is to calculate using your basal metaoblic rate (BMR) rather than trying to enter in levels of physical activity/workouts per week etc. That way if you have a lazier/more active day etc you can account for it. Most people should be +/- 100 what BMR says for sedentary given variations in hormones, genetics etc.
    That's pretty low.

My BMR is just under 2,000 calories per day. Given that I'm in the gym/exercising 6 days per week, eating at that level would likely cause as much muscle loss as it would fat loss.

TDEE is generally the better bet so long as you're honest about it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast