Quantcast
Cutting programs - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Cutting programs

My Ride
    06 F-150

Default Cutting programs

Anyone have any 60 or 90 day cutting programs they have had luck with?

I'd like to finally cut down to a lean physique for the summer. I know it's mostly diet but thought there may be some good programs to follow out there. Currently 180 5'9 and workout doing a 3 or 4 day a week weight lifting routine. Far from for and have put some good muscle mass on the last two years but always keep some extra body fat on covering up my abs and whatnot.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Looking to change up my workout routines as well. They have been low reps heavyweights for the main compound lifts and 8 to 10 reps for the rest for quite some while.

Anyone else looking to do the same for the summer? Maybe we can use the thread for motivation.

My Ride
    TypeR

Default Re: Cutting programs

Originally posted by chathamf
    Anyone have any 60 or 90 day cutting programs they have had luck with?

I'd like to finally cut down to a lean physique for the summer. I know it's mostly diet but thought there may be some good programs to follow out there. Currently 180 5'9 and workout doing a 3 or 4 day a week weight lifting routine. Far from for and have put some good muscle mass on the last two years but always keep some extra body fat on covering up my abs and whatnot.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Looking to change up my workout routines as well. They have been low reps heavyweights for the main compound lifts and 8 to 10 reps for the rest for quite some while.

Anyone else looking to do the same for the summer? Maybe we can use the thread for motivation.
    Trust me when I say this. The program you are looking for does not exist. If you want to get shredded invest in a nutritionist and start preparing all your meals.

I have trained guys that have gotten shredded doing basic 5x5 programs just by eating better and completing 2 HIT sessions per week.
    IG:scboss

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

Default Re: Re: Cutting programs

Originally posted by warcaster

Trust me when I say this. The program you are looking for does not exist. If you want to get shredded invest in a nutritionist and start preparing all your meals.

Agreed, minus the nutritionist. No one plan is universal but all human bodies are relatively similar hence there's plenty of info online that should help you find something that works for you. You gotta prep all your meals, weigh all your meals. track your carbs/fats/proteins, simpy put you gotta be a Nazi about it, like I mean obsessed if you want the results. Just remember one key thing- what you do in the gym won't mean a fuckin thing if you're not eating right. You might get big and strong but who cares about that if you look like shit, right?

I could go on but the keyboard bros are gonna come out and counter everything I say, despite my obvious and awesome results. So gotta leave it at this. You can and will do it if you want it bad enough tho.

Good luck.
    I would love abs, but fuck I love food

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

As well I'd like to chime in 60-90 days is a hell of a long time to run a deficit. I've been helping a few people count their macros as Zipdoa has recommended, reverse dieting (adding calories week by week) they have each lost a significant amount of weight going this route. Eat strict, not restrictive

Originally posted by rage2
    Can someone who speaks brown please translate this for me please?

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

My process works well for me.

Drop all refined carbs/etc. from my diet. All carbs come from fruit/veg. Eat 500 cals under my TDEE. Incorporate 3x HIIT cardio per week. Keep lifting weights.

As far as specific diet, I focus on hitting my protein macro. After that it's all good.

Last six weeks I've dropped 13 lbs, kept most of my lean mass. Looking pretty good

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Originally posted by A790
    My process works well for me.

Drop all refined carbs/etc. from my diet. All carbs come from fruit/veg. Eat 500 cals under my TDEE. Incorporate 3x HIIT cardio per week. Keep lifting weights.

As far as specific diet, I focus on hitting my protein macro. After that it's all good.

Last six weeks I've dropped 13 lbs, kept most of my lean mass. Looking pretty good
    You don't eat any grains, rice, or anything?
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    TypeR

Default Re: Re: Re: Cutting programs

Originally posted by heavyfuel

Agreed, minus the nutritionist. No one plan is universal but all human bodies are relatively similar hence there's plenty of info online that should help you find something that works for you. You gotta prep all your meals, weigh all your meals. track your carbs/fats/proteins, simpy put you gotta be a Nazi about it, like I mean obsessed if you want the results. Just remember one key thing- what you do in the gym won't mean a fuckin thing if you're not eating right. You might get big and strong but who cares about that if you look like shit, right?

I could go on but the keyboard bros are gonna come out and counter everything I say, despite my obvious and awesome results. So gotta leave it at this. You can and will do it if you want it bad enough tho.
    You can find alot online but if you hire someone to adjust your macros that has prepped bodybuilders for shows you will be better off. But it all depends on how much time you want to invest into research etc

My Ride

Originally posted by zipdoa

You don't eat any grains, rice, or anything?
    I avoid it as much as possible. Minimal rice, no bread/pasta/etc.

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

but....but....but, I like beer! Life so so unfair.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    Celica GT-Four

Originally posted by A790

I avoid it as much as possible. Minimal rice, no bread/pasta/etc.
    You need carbs.....carbs are best first think in the morning or after noon, never before bed. Vegetables will become your best friend. Best of luck

My Ride
    TypeR

Originally posted by rotten42
    but....but....but, I like beer! Life so so unfair.
    Beer isn't even that bad if you track your macros. If you up your lean body mass so you can eat 2600 calories a day to lose weight it will barely make a dent. Unless your drinking 10 a night lol

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Cutting programs

Originally posted by warcaster

You can find alot online but if you hire someone to adjust your macros that has prepped bodybuilders for shows you will be better off. But it all depends on how much time you want to invest into research etc
    Oh for sure, nothing wrong with a nutritionist that knows what they're doing and if you have more money than time, why not? I meant to say IMO it's not 100% absolutely necessary in all cases.

BUT

If you don't have focus, commitment and dedication to a healthy lifestyle at the gym and in the kitchen, and are unwilling to make sacrifices then no nutritionist or trainer can do a damn thing for you.

Pizza and beer all night and a hockey game, or healthy protein rich foods and doing instead of watching. All up to you in the end.

My Ride

Originally posted by Milk2%

You need carbs.....carbs are best first think in the morning or after noon, never before bed. Vegetables will become your best friend. Best of luck
    Says who?

I go under 50g of carbs 5 days per week and am doing fine. I've been cutting like this for years.

Simple process really. Find your maintenance and eat 500 below that. A deficit creates the weight loss. I haven't gone anything less than 200g carbs on a cut, just because my workouts are better with more carbs. Listen to your body and adjust accordingly.

My Ride
    06 F-150

Yea I guess it's all going to come down to my diet. I know the workout isn't really going to help much biggest reason I want to change is I'm slowing down progress and hitting plateaus. Been doing the same style lifting for a while but getting quite stuck lately.

Diets hard for me to get under control. If I was single still I could do it easily, but I've got kids and a wife and they all love their treats haha. Also working and having kids cuts down on time available for meal prepping. Hitting the gym basically kills all my personal time. I have to get the diet going though it'll make that much more happy with the hard work I've put in at the gym.

What do you guys do for HIIT? Sprints, bike, skip...?

My Ride
    06 F-150

1 minute sprint/2 minutes throw up in bathroom/repeat

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast