Quantcast
Red Maita with Black Rims - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Red Maita with Black Rims

My Ride
    Probe

Default Red Maita with Black Rims

Saw him the other night. He was stopped at a light and I swore I smelt the same smell my probe smelt like. So I knew he had it turbo charged. He kicked it off the light and all I heard was a blow off valve and saw his back end kick out around the corner. Thats NICE. But if anyone knows this guy let him know he should go easy, smelt like burning antifreeze/oil just like my car did before I blew the turbo from racing it to much
    Anyone know what he has done, seemed pretty fast considering every time he changed gears his back end shook like crazy.

could be turbojohngt on here (i think that's his name)

Kona9 and WSP here also know him...maybe they can reply....

My Ride
    R171 and Sttutgarts SUV

got a buddy with a royal red (darker) miata with black rims, graphics package, spoiler, all done up. U talking about him?

My Ride
    1ST GEN

I saw that guy last summer. Said he did a 13.5 quarter and seemed about right judging from the beating he gave me. Hope I see him again so I can return the favor. He had some wierd hybreed turbo that he put together. Nice sleeper.

My Ride
    Pathfinder

I work with the guy. and its not the one with graphics on his car. if its not for performance it dosen't go on Johns car. But he frequents this board sometimes....he'll more then likley see this post. I'll let him tell you whats done to his car because i don't wanna let his secrets out.

My Ride
    2 RWD Turbo Cars

He was at the beyond meet a couple weeks back. Tiny ass little car prob rips.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by ZorroAMG
    could be turbojohngt on here (i think that's his name)

Kona9 and WSP here also know him...maybe they can reply....

Yeah hes a really great guy Zorro has his name right, and his lil Mazda Hauls A$$...

Very sweet set-up he has got rigged up...
    ...@therealarifjina...

I saw that guy at the Ef meet, his car was hauling ass!

My Ride
    hissing whooshing turbo miata/S3 SRT-4.

Wow,thanks 4 the kind words boys.Yup I'm him,that's my car.In answer to the oil/antifreeze I have my AFPR set a little on the rich side @ the moment due to the weather's up and down temp.The anti freeze smell is from a small fitting leak to my heatercore that lands on my downpipe (On my 2 do list).As far as my motor mods go,my main goal was to make it the fastest stock ECU'd 1.6 miata.The motor itself is bone stock inside out with no porting or matching,factory 1.6 215cc injectors,rail,rad,tranny,1.6 LSD rear,No 1.8 parts.I'm using a Garrett T25/28 hybrid sleeve(internal gate) with custom A/R's that were determined using a compressor map for my motor.A spearco 16x10 bar and plate ic with full hard pipes and a HKS SSBOV.For fuel and timing I use a pierberg inline pump with a 94 supra in tank pump and a BEGI version 5 AFPR (Hands down the best for adjustment and accuracy) and a MSD retard box that pulls 2 degree's for every pound starting @ 4 PSI.For my drivetrain I use a ACT (CENTERFORCE SUCKS!) street disc with a HD plate mated to a lightened/balanced flywheel.It runs on 94 (Thanx mohawk!) with 10 psi which makes about 220-230hp and 200-210lbs at the motor (200-205hp@the wheels I lose about 20-25 in the drivetrain).As far as the 1320,up here on street tires all I could muster was 14.2 @ 99.8 with large wheelspin in 1st and 2nd on 91 octane,back home in B.C it runs faster @ sea level on chevron 94.For suspension I use KYB 8 way's with FM springs,JR adj sways,RB adj endlinks,cannon 4 point sub brace,BS front sub brace,Trust strut brace,BS cockpit brace.Brakes are stock with hawks and russell lines with motul 6.Oh ya the tailpipe is a thermal 2 1/2 stainless with a 3 1/2 tip.The exterior is bone stock,the only thing that gives it away is the tailpipe,intercooler,and T1S's.The interior is bone stock as well with hidden gauges,I built it as a complete sleeper and I wouldn't have it any other way It's soooooooo easy to sucker in mullet cars .How ever this spring if all goes according to plan (mainly my bank account!) I'm putting in a LINK standalone ECU with RC 550's,Visnu dual feed rail,T bolts,12 litre aluminum race rad with a built in oil cooler on the side.Standalone is the only true way to make sick reliable HP with bitchen gas milage.Aiming for 250 @ the wheels with 240 lbs on a stock motor,anything after that rods and pistons start flying out the side,and the tranny can't take it.And I won't be drag racing it anymore,I've already nuked a diff and a clutch at my current power level,anymore is sure disaster with a 6" rearend.But guy's I've talked to have run as low as 12.7 @ 113 with the LINK @ 15 psi,but on a 7" torsen 1.8 rear/drivetrain,hey it only wieghs 2185 lbs,and as for my stock motor?It has 300,000kms,hope this answers your questions,take care

My Ride
    Pathfinder

^^ thanks for the novel john....now get back to wet sanding :tongue:

My Ride
    Probe

Well that answered my question

My Ride

My Ride
    '99 cbr 600

Originally posted by turbojohngt
    Wow,thanks 4 the kind words boys.Yup I'm him,that's my car.In answer to the oil/antifreeze I have my AFPR set a little on the rich side @ the moment due to the weather's up and down temp.The anti freeze smell is from a small fitting leak to my heatercore that lands on my downpipe (On my 2 do list).As far as my motor mods go,my main goal was to make it the fastest stock ECU'd 1.6 miata.The motor itself is bone stock inside out with no porting or matching,factory 1.6 215cc injectors,rail,rad,tranny,1.6 LSD rear,No 1.8 parts.I'm using a Garrett T25/28 hybrid sleeve(internal gate) with custom A/R's that were determined using a compressor map for my motor.A spearco 16x10 bar and plate ic with full hard pipes and a HKS SSBOV.For fuel and timing I use a pierberg inline pump with a 94 supra in tank pump and a BEGI version 5 AFPR (Hands down the best for adjustment and accuracy) and a MSD retard box that pulls 2 degree's for every pound starting @ 4 PSI.For my drivetrain I use a ACT (CENTERFORCE SUCKS!) street disc with a HD plate mated to a lightened/balanced flywheel.It runs on 94 (Thanx mohawk!) with 10 psi which makes about 220-230hp and 200-210lbs at the motor (200-205hp@the wheels I lose about 20-25 in the drivetrain).As far as the 1320,up here on street tires all I could muster was 14.2 @ 99.8 with large wheelspin in 1st and 2nd on 91 octane,back home in B.C it runs faster @ sea level on chevron 94.For suspension I use KYB 8 way's with FM springs,JR adj sways,RB adj endlinks,cannon 4 point sub brace,BS front sub brace,Trust strut brace,BS cockpit brace.Brakes are stock with hawks and russell lines with motul 6.Oh ya the tailpipe is a thermal 2 1/2 stainless with a 3 1/2 tip.The exterior is bone stock,the only thing that gives it away is the tailpipe,intercooler,and T1S's.The interior is bone stock as well with hidden gauges,I built it as a complete sleeper and I wouldn't have it any other way It's soooooooo easy to sucker in mullet cars .How ever this spring if all goes according to plan (mainly my bank account!) I'm putting in a LINK standalone ECU with RC 550's,Visnu dual feed rail,T bolts,12 litre aluminum race rad with a built in oil cooler on the side.Standalone is the only true way to make sick reliable HP with bitchen gas milage.Aiming for 250 @ the wheels with 240 lbs on a stock motor,anything after that rods and pistons start flying out the side,and the tranny can't take it.And I won't be drag racing it anymore,I've already nuked a diff and a clutch at my current power level,anymore is sure disaster with a 6" rearend.But guy's I've talked to have run as low as 12.7 @ 113 with the LINK @ 15 psi,but on a 7" torsen 1.8 rear/drivetrain,hey it only wieghs 2185 lbs,and as for my stock motor?It has 300,000kms,hope this answers your questions,take care

God that is hard on the eyes! Kept going cross-eyed and passing out...J/K

My Ride
    AI Servo

Originally posted by turbojohngt

Shit, we have pretty much the same setup. Where are you getting the Vishnu from? I want one too!

My Ride

Flyin miata friend