Quantcast
Audi RS3 Coming to NA - Confirmed? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Audi RS3 Coming to NA - Confirmed?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Default Audi RS3 Coming to NA - Confirmed?

Not the first source i have seen this from today. Could it be?

http://jalopnik.com/its-happening-36...lan-1696167545

For the longest time, Volkswagen and Audi were arguably the worst offenders when it came to withholding their coolest cars from the U.S. market. I feel like the tide is changing with cars like the new 2015 Audi S3 and the 2015 Volkswagen Golf R, the best Golf R they’ve give us yet. Now for even better news: the 2016 Audi RS3 appears to be headed our way too. Hooray!

2015 Audi S3: The Jalopnik Review
    Now that it's all-new and has a fancy sedan body, Americans are going crazy for the Audi A3.…
    Read more
    Audi of America CEO Scott Keogh confirmed this to Automotive News’ Ryan Beene at the New York Auto Show. He said that the plan is for America to at last get the RS3, which packs all-wheel drive, a seven-speed dual clutch gearbox and a 2.5-liter turbocharged five-cylinder engine with 367 horsepower and 343 pound-feet of torque. Zero to 60 mph happens in about four seconds.

There’s a catch, though: While the rest of the world gets the RS3 in five-door Sportback form, the U.S. is far more likely to get it as a sedan, Keogh said:

“We really, really want the RS 3,” Keogh said. The sedan is “going to be a great positioning car, a great halo car. I’m very confident we’ll see that car in the market. That’s as far as I’m going to go.”
    That makes total sense. In the luxury market, Americans just prefer sedans to hatchbacks. Audi A3 sales have blown up in the U.S. since it switched from a hatch-only bodystyle to the new MQB-platformed four-door sedan. If they want the RS3 to sell here at all, it pretty much has to be a sedan.

Whatever. I’m totally fine with that. The new S3 sedan is outstanding, so I can’t even imagine what a monster the RS3 will be. This is going to be something to look forward to.
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Do I really need another tiny ass car though? Probabaly

Hello winter beater!
    Last edited by killramos; 04-07-2015 at 10:39 AM.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

I hope the S3 and RS3 don't share the exact same interior. When I sat in the S3 at the auto show this year it felt absolutely average / generic. I was expecting more from Audi.

They're only talking about the US though, what if they pull an "R32" again?

Really though, no hatch, no care.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by KRyn
    I hope the S3 and RS3 don't share the exact same interior. When I sat in the S3 at the auto show this year it felt absolutely average. I was expecting more from Audi.
    I doubt we see much of a difference with the exception of from RS branded bucket seats. You dont buy an RS3 for the interior imo...

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Curious if they actually mean 2016 MY. If that's the case, wonder if we're going to see this car on the road by Fall/Winter. Seems too early, I don't want to get my hopes up.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by Disoblige
    Curious if they actually mean 2016 MY. If that's the case, wonder if we're going to see this car on the road by Fall/Winter. Seems too early, I don't want to get my hopes up.
    has the car even been seen in a sedan body yet? Even if it does get a 2016 MY i doubt there will be any on the road this year. Maybe not even next.

fact.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Huh damn. Now I'm way more excited over this than the Golf R. Always wanted the TT-RS engine, and now this is even a better version of it.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Originally posted by killramos

I doubt we see much of a difference with the exception of from RS branded bucket seats. You dont buy an RS3 for the interior imo...

I disagree.
    If I were to purchase a STI or EVO I wouldn't have any expectations of the interior. With Audi being Audi, I had higher expectations with the S3. To me the interior didn’t have any character at all. Maybe it was the fact that at the auto show the S3 had a grey interior? By no means am I expecting everything to be wrapped in exotic woods and alcantara. Perhaps some different seats and colored stitching will spice things up?

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

I hope the S3 and RS3 don't share the exact same interior. When I sat in the S3 at the auto show this year it felt absolutely average / generic. I was expecting more from Audi.
    they will be almost exactly the same, maybe carbon fibre bits, and badging. the good seats never come over as they dont have the airbags.

i'd prefer the hatch but if all we got was the sedan i'd be down. probably not my first pick for a new car though

My Ride
    Exploded.

Gatdamn.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

That's why I waited this long for the ss seats with mono.pur, they should bring up the interior nicely. I'll see them in person in a few weeks.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Originally posted by lilmira
    That's why I waited this long for the ss seats with mono.pur, they should bring up the interior nicely. I'll see them in person in a few weeks.
    CLA45 AMG correct? If so, you made the right decision. Those seats are amazing and act like a center piece. Really pull everything together.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

I disagree.
    If I were to purchase a STI or EVO I wouldn't have any expectations of the interior. With Audi being Audi, I had higher expectations with the S3. To me the interior didn’t have any character at all. Maybe it was the fact that at the auto show the S3 had a grey interior? By no means am I expecting everything to be wrapped in exotic woods and alcantara. Perhaps some different seats and colored stitching will spice things up?
    It's all about perspective as it seems like you are expecting S4 interior in an S3. STI and EVO is almost the same price as an entry S3 and while the S3 interior isn't amazing it's still far superior to the STI or EVO so you need to temper your expectations at the price point because you aren't going to get the full luxury interior at STI pricing which the S3 competes.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I disagree.
    Maybe but audi needs find the price differential somewhere between this and RS4/5. And it sure as heck isn't coming form less metal in the chassis.

I for one am completely ok with compromised interior instead of compromised performance.

fact.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

CLA45 AMG correct? If so, you made the right decision. Those seats are amazing and act like a center piece. Really pull everything together.
    I had deposit on the CLA AMG then jumped ship to S3. The price and the back seats made me change my mind.

These are the seats that I'm waiting for. Mine should be among the first bunch to arrive Canada. It should be on the rail somewhere now.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I had deposit on the CLA AMG then jumped ship to S3. The price and the back seats made me change my mind.

These are the seats that I'm waiting for. Mine should be among the first bunch to arrive Canada. It should be on the rail somewhere now.

fact.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Originally posted by heavyD

It's all about perspective as it seems like you are expecting S4 interior in an S3. STI and EVO is almost the same price as an entry S3 and while the S3 interior isn't amazing it's still far superior to the STI or EVO so you need to temper your expectations at the price point because you aren't going to get the full luxury interior at STI pricing which the S3 competes.
    By no means am I expecting the S3 to have an interior on par with the S4, nor did I state that. In my experience Audi (like other luxury brands) has, for the most part managed to make every cars interior feel and look more expensive than it is. After playing around on the website I can say that the Titanium Grey-Black-Silver interior is absolutely hideous, the Black-Black-Dark Silver interior looks much more refined and enjoyable.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

well that settles it... im never going to get a new car. every time i get close something better is just over the horizon...

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Perhaps some different seats and colored stitching will spice things up?
    I rest my case, those seats look great.
    Last edited by KRyn; 04-07-2015 at 12:05 PM.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Here is a pic of the interior of the RS3 sportback, more or less the same plus some red accent here and there.

There are more pictures on Top Gear.
    http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/a...ive-2015-01-22
    The seats appear to be the ss seats with red stitching.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast