Quantcast
$30 barrel oil? - Page 36 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 36 of 81 FirstFirst ... 26 35 36 37 46 ... LastLast

Thread: $30 barrel oil?

Also if you're going to Vancouver you have to bring a barrel of bitumen with you.

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2018/11...to-west-coast/

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Whatever happened to the threat of cutting supply? Seems like the pipeline getting built has also been abandoned, what was the point in spending $4b buying the damn thing.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Heard on the radio this morning that notley is going to make an important annoucement tomorrow night due to oil. Fully expect this to be a mandated production cut.

Landmines everywhere when you cut production. Oil is life, even more than a loaf of bread to many.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Landmines everywhere when you cut production. Oil is life, even more than a loaf of bread to many.
    Shes got nothing to lose at this point.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    Disappointed you didn't make a dune reference in that post.
    Name:  8361000871_53de696e2d.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  41.9 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    Heard on the radio this morning that notley is going to make an important annoucement tomorrow night due to oil. Fully expect this to be a mandated production cut.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...nton-1.4928921

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Seems like the pipeline getting built has also been abandoned, what was the point in spending $4b buying the damn thing.
    Transmountain is still moving forward, slowly but surely. They're in the midst of re-doing the consultations but engineering and procurement are still underway.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    Transmountain is still moving forward, slowly but surely. They're in the midst of re-doing the consultations but engineering and procurement are still underway.
    Do you actually believe it'll get built? I've lost hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by phreezee View Post
    Venezuela also shutdown there production of there heavy oil. Hope we fare better

Children of Dune is more apt. "Corner in hell" for reducing spice production.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Darell_n View Post
    Just buy a rail line out to the coast and run a pipeline down it instead of train cars. The route, ground prep and right of ways already done.
    What Rail line ? There is CP and CN and you won’t ever buy either ... you won’t be building one ever either ...
    Pipeline is the only option. I find it hilarious that the Robberment is going to buy Locomotives and Railcars to add capacity. That’s great , so then you will lease or “give” them to the Railways ? Because you sure as shit won’t be operating your own trains without a great premium on the Railway lines.... Will they operate their own Unit trains to move the oil ? Ok , good luck with that ..who are you going to hire as Conductors , Locomotive Engineers to operate said trains? The Railways can barely keep up as it is and are short hundreds of not thousand of Qualified crews to run its own trains.
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

Oil will be back in a boom one day. Always will. Despite what my buddies all say that electric cars will take over etc. They're all blind to oil is needed.

Side note:
    BBC news just showed that beef contributes to more greenhouse gases worldwide compared to anything else which is true. So everyone quit reading beef! Haha

People know that rail cars are inefficient and pollute more than pipelines?
    It's as dumb as believing your green bin is saving the environment when they truck it a few hundred kms away to get processed?!
    It's a rue to get more tax and increase gov't jobs.
    If they could sell you on a sidewalk snow recycle bin they would.
    Last edited by mr2mike; 12-02-2018 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    Oil will be back in a boom one day. Always will. Despite what my buddies all say that electric cars will take over etc. They're all blind to oil is needed.

Side note:
    BBC news just showed that beef contributes to more greenhouse gases worldwide compared to anything else which is true. So everyone quit reading beef! Haha

People know that rail cars are inefficient and pollute more than pipelines?
    It's as dumb as believing your green bin is saving the environment when they truck it a few hundred kms away to get processed?!
    It's a rue to get more tax and increase gov't jobs.
    If they could sell you on a sidewalk snow recycle bin they would.
    Rail cars are actually extremely efficient form of transport. The bigger thing is you don't have the dilute the tar like you do with toxic chemicals to pump through pipe.

90 percent of oil is used for energy so we may never go to zero ,we can really decrease its use to a scale that will make hard to extract oil valueless

Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    Rail cars are actually extremely efficient form of transport. The bigger thing is you don't have the dilute the tar like you do with toxic chemicals to pump through pipe.

90 percent of oil is used for energy so we may never go to zero ,we can really decrease its use to a scale that will make hard to extract oil valueless
    Define "efficient"...

I'm guessing you don't actually work in O&G (shown by your lack of knowledge on the subject) but a good saying is " Pipelines are the worst way to move oil except for all the rest". Pipelines are safer than train, more environmentally friendly than train, cheaper than train.

Sure, there will be pipeline spills but there will also be train crashes. Google the 2013 train explosion in Lac-Megantic, Quebec. It killed 47 people! What pipeline spill has killed people in recent time? If this one example isn't enough for you, the Fraser Institute also did a study showing pipelines are 4.5 times safer than rail.

Railcars transport ~700 bbl/car. You will need 428 railcars per day to transport the same as the Transcanada (300k bbl/d). How can this be as "efficient" as a pipe? Are you factoring in compression or what is your logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogg View Post
    Define "efficient"...

I'm guessing you don't actually work in O&G (shown by your lack of knowledge on the subject) but a good saying is " Pipelines are the worst way to move oil except for all the rest". Pipelines are safer than train, more environmentally friendly than train, cheaper than train.

Sure, there will be pipeline spills but there will also be train crashes. Google the 2013 train explosion in Lac-Megantic, Quebec. It killed 47 people! What pipeline spill has killed people in recent time? If this one example isn't enough for you, the Fraser Institute also did a study showing pipelines are 4.5 times safer than rail.

Railcars transport ~700 bbl/car. You will need 428 railcars per day to transport the same as the Transcanada (300k bbl/d). How can this be as "efficient" as a pipe? Are you factoring in compression or what is your logic.
    Tar doesn't explode. What burned and exploded was the gas they diluted it with because part of the journey was by pipe.

Pipelines have spilled way more by volume. Train spills are more frequent, mainly harmless small quantities loading or unloading.

But really, we really just need to shut oil sounds down completely and take 70% of profit of our conventional.

Weed be ahead 4x

Tar doesn't explode. What burned and exploded was the gas they diluted it with because part of the journey was by pipe.

Pipelines have spilled way more by volume. Train spills are more frequent, mainly harmless small quantities loading or unloading.

But really, we really just need to shut oil sounds down completely and take 70% of profit of our conventional.

Weed be ahead 4x
    You dont ship "tar". Tar doesn't flow down a pipeline either.

Yes, train spills are far more frequent and if you increase the volume being transported by train you will get higher spill volumes. While it may be true pipelines have spilled more, this makes since as the volume they move is exponentially higher. Again they are quoted as being 4.5 times safer. If you increase train volume to equal pipeline volume you will have 4.5 times more spills from the trains.

Canada needs the oil sands. Oil and gas make up ~10% of the countries GDP.In my lifetime the weed markets will not make up the $1.7 trillion that oil and gas contribute to this countries GDP.

Weed be ahead 4x
    Please back your statements up with facts. Also what conventional plays are you talking about?

My Ride
    ute

I see in my future two new additions to my ignore list

Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    Please back your statements up with facts. Also what conventional plays are you talking about?
    Oil sands has tanked in price because weve triple production in 10 years. But last year 67% of our output was oil sands, the rest conventional.

I'm surprised your so uninforned that we had a conventional industry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I see in my future two new additions to my ignore list
    I find it curious when people brag about ignore lists. Like you don't have the ability to be selective, need to show your superiority, then still read my posts.

Small dick syndrome obviously.

Page 36 of 81 FirstFirst ... 26 35 36 37 46 ... LastLast