My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

This is why our price of tar is tankibng
    https://sustainability.google/projec...ouncement-100/

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So I hear Notley is gonna buy some trains to fix the oil glut, specifically locomotives.
    Maybe she can find a way to build trains faster. I thought there was a backlog at the places that manufacture these beasts?
    Should paint then with the provincial flag on the side, and the slogan, "this or pipelines, you choose".
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    something green

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Maybe she can find a way to build trains faster. I thought there was a backlog at the places that manufacture these beasts?
    Should paint then with the provincial flag on the side, and the slogan, "this or pipelines, you choose".
    Hey, your username now is perfect for the economy.
    Aren't the rails full already? I thought thats why the rail companies were so far behind on grain shipments? If thats the case, I don't know what to any significance purchasing rail vehicles will do. I think its
    just another Notley message to make people think she's acting on the situation, but really do nothing, as she has for her entire premiership so far. This will be the mark she wears in history, riding the pine while
    the ship sank.
    Too loud for Aspen

There is no real backlog. What happens when you bring more tar to the market then the market wants prices fall. This is normal. No one wants tar that need special refining and is full of sulfuer that vioates new emissions standards.

There's a fix. Refine it here and tax the dirty energy industry at 70% of profit. Reduce extraction. Pretty simple. We are just delaying the inevitable

There is something to be said about oil by rail. Its safer from vandals as you can protect it "Mad Max" style. Like a trade caravan transport, you only have to have an armed guard along each side for the length and duration of the trip. Much like ship transport along the coast of Somalia, you can actually concentrate value and protection in merchant fleets or convoys.

If the USA ever degrades to the point where people go "Full Weibo" then pipelines are just asking for it, military protection for a pipeline is nearly impossible. I'm not entirely convinced the USA will not go Full Mad Max someday either. Lets not forget, USA is the nation that set 100 nukes off with maximum radiation fallout on its own soil.

Madmax spoiler.
    Cocoa $9,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Maxt View Post
    This will be the mark she wears in history, riding the pine while
    the ship sank.
    Now I want a political cartoon of her literally riding a pipeline waving a white cowboy hat around like in the bomber scene in Dr.Strangelove.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    There is no real backlog. What happens when you bring more tar to the market then the market wants prices fall. This is normal. No one wants tar that need special refining and is full of sulfuer that vioates new emissions standards.

There's a fix. Refine it here and tax the dirty energy industry at 70% of profit. Reduce extraction. Pretty simple. We are just delaying the inevitable

Thank you for displaying again that you know absolutely nothing about the oil industry.

It wouldn't matter if world oil price fell by even 5$ from Alberta flooding the market by creating access to said market. We would be getting 50$/barrel instead of 12$.

What is this special refining you speak of? We make crude that is virtually identical to WTI specs. It goes to a crude distillation tower or a cracker that every refinery already has. There is no special refining to do. Also, Syncrude does not even sell basic crude, they make a fully synthetic clean crude right at their site in Fort Mac.

Refine locally, gee never heard that one. Have you ever heard of Shell, Esso, NWR, etc? We refine plenty here already. And even if we could turn Alberta into one giant refinery, where do we sell refined products to? We don't have market access remember. That's why we get no price for our current product already.

Awaiting Autoworker's subsidy annoucement...
    https://www.ctvnews.ca/business/gm-w...inty-1.4192392

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    Awaiting Autoworker's subsidy annoucement...
    https://www.ctvnews.ca/business/gm-w...inty-1.4192392
    "They're shutting down our plant, so let's walk out! That'll show them!" - Union logic

My Ride
    E46 M3

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    We make crude that is virtually identical to WTI specs.
    I thought we mainly produce heavies? I'm sure some light sweets and synthetics we make are closer to WTI but Cold Lake or WCS is not near WTI by any margin. Agree with the rest of your comment though, so I'm not sure if I'm just mis-understanding this one sentence.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    "They're shutting down our plant, so let's walk out! That'll show them!" - Union logic
    Its emotion-based logic and thinking - in the sense that "the Proletariat must appear to be doing something".

GM made a huge profit and thus, we DESERVE jobs ....

We went through the same horseshit when I was with AirCanada during the mass bankruptcy layoffs - 'full pay til the last day' ..... yep, that will help.
    Last edited by revelations; 11-26-2018 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Agreed. O&G workers, depsite knowing their potential fate still showed up for work.

They're estimating 2,500 workers losing jobs in Oshawa plant. Drop in the bucket compared to O&G layoffs.
    Not comparing, I'm just stating that the headlines are baiting people in that it's a crisis in the auto manufacturing world.
    https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2018/1...es_a_23600437/

Quote Originally Posted by The BMW Guy View Post
    I thought we mainly produce heavies? I'm sure some light sweets and synthetics we make are closer to WTI but Cold Lake or WCS is not near WTI by any margin. Agree with the rest of your comment though, so I'm not sure if I'm just mis-understanding this one sentence.
    Maybe I chose a poor choice of words. It's heavier, but not by anywhere near what is being shown by the price differential. I was just trying to point out to Gestard that the price differential is a lot more based on market access than the crudes minimum specifications.
    Last edited by Misterman; 11-26-2018 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Maybe I chose a poor choice of words. It's heavier, but not by anywhere near what is being shown by the price differential. I was just trying to point out to Gestard that the price differential is a lot more based on market access than the crudes minimum specifications.
    Gestard has 0 comprehension skills of Economics. You are wasting your efforts

You couldn't be more wrong. There are american refineries that are setup specifically to process bitumen. The americans love our oil, and love it even more at $12.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by Mogg View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong. There are american refineries that are setup specifically to process bitumen. The americans love our oil, and love it even more at $12.
    This is fact. And infact(lol) Venezuela’s dwindling supply is causing even more of a demand of our heavy ass “tar”.

That said, WCS in Houston is often extremely close to the price of WTI. We just can’t get the oil to the states.

Gestalt, we can LOWER production and still make a lot more money if we only had a god damn pipe.

A pipeline west or east even more so because we would see a premium above WTI in certain situations.

Then we can fund all of the social programs and hopefully breakeven. Slowly we can make adjustsments to reduce debt. What a thought.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Economy is easy. Supply and demand.

Demand for tar is stagnating production and supply is at new highs. In fact we make so much, we are starting to have slight shipping obstacles.

Why are you confused? How did you get a simple concept backwards?

Economy is not always primary. The USA isn't building a 2000 mile wall because it will make them money. Your average Hawaiian welfare recipient at this point in time could care less about money - just print more.

You must go by what people want most, and there are points in time where people just want to shoot things up and smash their fists, times when they just want to hide under their security blanket, and times when they want to go outside and fire up the Plow King to make some money. Right now, I don't think the USA is in "economy first" mode. Heaven knows that North Korea would be justified in nuking every state in the USA twice over.

By my estimation, the USA could build two pipelines for the cost of the one mexico wall. But that's not what they want.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 11-26-2018 at 08:53 PM.
    Cocoa $9,000 per tonne.

Economy is easy. Supply and demand.

Demand for tar is stagnating production and supply is at new highs. In fact we make so much, we are starting to have slight shipping obstacles.

Why are you confused? How did you get a simple concept backwards?
    Oh. We've TRIPLED our yearly production and supply in the last 10 years, and we get all of it to market.

Tripled our production while wolrd oil consumption only went up around 12%

How did you get the simple concept wrong?

https://www.oilsandsmagazine.com/pro...oduction#Chart

And we have over a trillion litres of tailing ponds we have no clue how to clean
    Last edited by Gestalt; 11-26-2018 at 09:07 PM.

Page 29 of 81 FirstFirst ... 19 28 29 30 39 ... LastLast