Quantcast
$30 barrel oil? - Page 45 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 45 of 81 FirstFirst ... 35 44 45 46 55 ... LastLast

Thread: $30 barrel oil?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Running on fossil fuel generated electricity.
    89% and potentially dropping before UCP changed the game again.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The most important thing for any environmental policy is to design it so you pick winners and looser in terms of companies, industries and voter populations. Thumbs up?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    89% and potentially dropping before UCP changed the game again.
    Yupp, the great wind power electricity farce where 89% of all electricity off of the grid being consumed by the public and businesses is fossil fuel powered. Yeah, those Teslas, the CTrain and the like are really green, as green as I am in my electricity consumption.
    Will fuck off, again.

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Tanker ban only affects the north edge of vancouver island and up the coast. Ships can still leave TMX and go south around victoria and out to the ocean.

And propane is not included in the ban, only oil so the Pembina one also isn't affected.
    There's even more nonsense. So it's only particular tankers that are banned. I really should read up on this tanker shit more.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 01RedDX View Post
    Isn't it about efficiency though? We know that EVs convert up to 70% of their energy to power at the wheels, while ICE vehicles convert only 15-20% of the energy stored in gasoline to power at the wheels.

What about all the energy needed to extract the oil then transport it then refine it into gasoline and then ship it etc.? Most of our power stations are using natural gas (not oil) and then there's all the other advantages, like performance.
    You're either green or you're not, the only way to truly have green electricity is to not get it from the grid.
    Will fuck off, again.

For some an electric car is about improving technology. An ICE car has approximately 2,000 moving parts - when you go in to have your car repaired for a drivetrain problem, millennial mechanics will simply throw their hands up and say "get a new drivetrain" rather than spend the time to try and pinpoint an issue.

An electric car is so simple, that they may all end up having lifetime (50 year) warranties. Since they also convert and do not waste energy, you do not have to have as much dedicated to cooling the maximum 21% conversion efficiency of a combustion motor. Combustion motors will die off quickest in hot climates.

Porsche will be 50/50 electric by 2025 and has stated they wanted to be all electric at some point. It does have superior acceleration characteristics, and insanely better handling because of low center of gravity.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Yupp, the great wind power electricity farce where 89% of all electricity off of the grid being consumed by the public and businesses is fossil fuel powered. Yeah, those Teslas, the CTrain and the like are really green, as green as I am in my electricity consumption.
    The wind in pincher creek has been owned / run by TransAlta since the 90's. It isn't new. The project is actually nearing end of life.
    Cos...

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

You're either green or you're not, the only way to truly have green electricity is to not get it from the grid.
    Hey boi! That's the sprit!! We can't go from 15% to 100%, so fuck off with trying for 50 or 70% nonsense! Haha.
    GT1R. 8.82@169
    Mission

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    For some an electric car is about improving technology. An ICE car has approximately 2,000 moving parts - when you go in to have your car repaired for a drivetrain problem, millennial mechanics will simply throw their hands up and say "get a new drivetrain" rather than spend the time to try and pinpoint an issue.

An electric car is so simple, that they may all end up having lifetime (50 year) warranties. Since they also convert and do not waste energy, you do not have to have as much dedicated to cooling the maximum 21% conversion efficiency of a combustion motor. Combustion motors will die off quickest in hot climates.

Porsche will be 50/50 electric by 2025 and has stated they wanted to be all electric at some point. It does have superior acceleration characteristics, and insanely better handling because of low center of gravity.
    You are a clever feller. Where ic improvements have stopped, EV are just starting. With recent breakthrough with lithium titanate oxide batteries, we suddenly extended battery life 5 fold while increasing density and charge and dump rates.
    GT1R. 8.82@169
    Mission

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I think we need the admins to open up Beyond’s backend for analytics. I am very interested in the correlation between Toma posting and days until next election.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post

Once in a while zenflops spews information thats sensible. I can DEFINITELY see people wanting to move away from ICE vehicles due to complexity.

The setup right now for ICE and efficiency is at the cost of reliability.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

So the conventional wisdom is that the USA is now the dominant oil producer and certainly the biggest "swing" producer. I believe that. So the rig count in the USA is dropping and on top of that, the productivity per well has been dropping. For some plays or companies, we'll declines are up to 20% worse on H2 2018 and 2019 wells compared to 2017 wells. So we have seen "peak" US oil production pass us by.

Now the Yemenis have successfully attacked the largest Saudi oil production facility.

Sure seems like there's a fuck load of bullish factors. Hope you ballers loaded up on the 2x oil bull ETFs.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    So the conventional wisdom is that the USA is now the dominant oil producer and certainly the biggest "swing" producer. I believe that. So the rig count in the USA is dropping and on top of that, the productivity per well has been dropping. For some plays or companies, we'll declines are up to 20% worse on H2 2018 and 2019 wells compared to 2017 wells. So we have seen "peak" US oil production pass us by.

Now the Yemenis have successfully attacked the largest Saudi oil production facility.

Sure seems like there's a fuck load of bullish factors. Hope you ballers loaded up on the 2x oil bull ETFs.
    There’s too many uncompleted wells ready to rock in the Permian. We’re not thrrr yet.

I’ve been talking to some fellow oilies and the consensus is still a 3-5 year recovery. Recovery in the sense people dismiss the fear of job loss. It won’t be 20% production bonus with a 20% long term incentive and stock options like before thoug.

A nice salary with a performance bonus is looking likely for O&G moving forward.

Of course middle management and up will be fed stock options too.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    There’s too many uncompleted wells ready to rock in the Permian. We’re not thrrr yet.
    Friendly wager? I know there are uncompleted wells, but I don't think they'll catch up to April production peak.

As for "recovery" well that means a lot of different things to different people, and if you mean in Calgary, well, I would never bet on the strength of the Canadian oilpatch while Trudeau is leading in the election race. Now that I'm doing most of my business south of the border, I can also say that those folks will be feeling more pain for 2019 no matter what oil price does. Unhappy rumours swirling around Houston and OKC this last week while I was down.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

We really have no line of sight to Oil egress getting any better in this country. Trudeau has literally ruined everything, and American environmentalists haven’t helped either.

I’m not that hopefully.

Good time to be a Texan though, watch as Canada misses another commodity cycle because we have our heads too far up our asses.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride

Friendly wager? I know there are uncompleted wells, but I don't think they'll catch up to April production peak.

As for "recovery" well that means a lot of different things to different people, and if you mean in Calgary, well, I would never bet on the strength of the Canadian oilpatch while Trudeau is leading in the election race. Now that I'm doing most of my business south of the border, I can also say that those folks will be feeling more pain for 2019 no matter what oil price does. Unhappy rumours swirling around Houston and OKC this last week while I was down.
    Let’s do a friendly wager of a case of the finest cheap beer of the winners choice.

We need timelines though. 12 months?

- - - Updated - - -

I also didn’t see the drone attacks on Saudi Arabia.

They’re saying $10 a barrel increase by Sunday night.

Nutty
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

How about two bets, one for March 1st and same bet for Sept 1? USA total production results published on or before those dates will be BELOW the currently published 2019 high. That's my side of the bet.

I'm also willing to bet that the trans mountain expansion will be officially cancelled by Justin Trudeau in 2020. Same case of beer or a plate of wings and two beers at palomino.
    Last edited by ExtraSlow; 09-14-2019 at 06:08 PM.

My Ride

How about two bets, one for March 1st and same bet for Sept 1? USA total production results published on or before those dates will be BELOW the currently published 2019 high. That's my side of the bet.

I'm also willing to bet that the trans mountain expansion will be officially cancelled by Justin Trudeau in 2020. Same case of beer or a plate of wings and two beers at palomino.
    Sure man I’ll take the bets for March and sept.

I won’t take the Trudeau bet, I’ll lose hahaha.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Done deal brother. Another theory, the drone attacks in Saudi were false flag operations, and are solely designed to raise the global oil price and thus the IPO of Saudi Aramco.

Page 45 of 81 FirstFirst ... 35 44 45 46 55 ... LastLast