Quantcast
Slim fit dress/long shirts - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Slim fit dress/long shirts

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Default Slim fit dress/long shirts

Even smalls are so goddam poofy/baggy at the back or under the arms - any one got some suggestions for non-shrek sized clothing?

Basic office/casual:

http://www.eddiebauer.com/browse/dre...-Casual-Shirts
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

Custom shirts are the way to go..

I've used moderntailor and indochino in the past. I liked moderntailor more though.

Have you tried the tailored slim fit shirts from Banana Republic? Pretty sure they have Tailored, Slim Fit AND Tailored Slim Fit

My Ride
    A4/Tundra

Forget BR, the fits are terrible. Go pick up the extra slim fit non-iron from Brooks Brothers (green label) for a better OTR fit.

Last edited by know1edge; 08-16-2018 at 10:09 PM.

Tailored slim fit @ BR all the way.

EDIT: but never pay full price ($95). sign up for the mailing list and you will find out when they have 40% (pretty much weekly or every two weeks) or even 50% off (quarterly) sales
    Last edited by sabad66; 04-10-2015 at 08:29 AM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Originally posted by J.M.
    Custom shirts are the way to go..

I've used moderntailor and indochino in the past. I liked moderntailor more though.
    Custom shirts for sure. I was never happy with indochino, maybe I wasn't doing it right. I did an order from Maxwell's when they were in town in the fall, and I was 100% satisfied with them for fit, quality and price. I will be doing another order some time this year. I really like being able to see and touch the fabrics in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by sabad66
    +1
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Originally posted by ExtraSlow

Custom shirts for sure. I was never happy with indochino, maybe I wasn't doing it right. I did an order from Maxwell's when they were in town in the fall, and I was 100% satisfied with them for fit, quality and price. I will be doing another order some time this year. I really like being able to see and touch the fabrics in person.
    Yeah I didn't like them that much either. Orders took way too long for shirts.

My Ride
    981 GT4/F82 M4

Originally posted by sabad66

EDIT: but never pay full price ($95). sign up for the mailing list and you will find out when they have 40% (pretty much weekly or every two weeks) or even 50% off (quarterly) sales

Used to wear these and they are still a parachute around my waist. Also used to wear the brooks brothers slim fits as well but stopped after I lost even more weight

If you have a bigger chest and shoulders and slimmer waist, I've found that the best fit (unfortunately for my wallet) has been the Hugo Boss slim fits. Sometimes you're able to get a good deal on them from the Cross Iron outlet.

My Ride
    A4/Tundra

Originally posted by BananaFob

Used to wear these and they are still a parachute around my waist. Also used to wear the brooks brothers slim fits as well but stopped after I lost even more weight

If you have a bigger chest and shoulders and slimmer waist, I've found that the best fit (unfortunately for my wallet) has been the Hugo Boss slim fits. Sometimes you're able to get a good deal on them from the Cross Iron outlet.
    Big difference between BB slim fit and extra slim fit. Hugo Boss is also great OTR. These are my go to weekday shirts. A lot of this also depends on your build.

Because of my 16.5" neck, which isn't even that large, even "Extra slim fit" off the rack is an absolute parachute. Darts help, but not completely. I have found full custom is the only way to go for dress shirts, at least for me I haven't found anything that comes close even after basic tailoring. The arms, shoulder lines, and waist are usually where they're way too big.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 04-10-2015 at 10:16 AM.

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

I'm 5'10", 155 pounds and have a lankier build with broad shoulders.

BR stuff all fits like parachutes.

The only stuff that fits nice, and feels great is the Hugo Boss slim fit line (I think it's called redline). You can get them at the Hugo Boss outlet store at Cross Iron for around $125 a piece.

Small fits well on me, the sleeves are still long enough. I can't wear anything small at places like BR because the sleeves are about an inch too short, so I have to wear medium which is way baggy.

Like bananafob said, if you've got a relatively big chest and/or broad shoulders vs. a smaller waist, these shirts are perfect.

Also, slimfit by north american standards is huge compared to slimfit from europe. Very evident when you shop in Europe. With that said, stick to European based brands for slimfit if you are looking for a more true representation of it.
    Last edited by Skyline_Addict; 04-10-2015 at 11:38 AM.

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

The house brand Nordstrom Extra slim fits are not bad. I like them as they come in "tall" sizes which I need for the sleeve length.

There is a "Nordstrom" label and then the "John W Nordstrom" which seem to use slightly better fabrics and better construction quality.

I wish the Banana Republic Tailored Slim fits would work for me as I think the quality is not bad for the price (especially on a 40% discount) but the sleeve length is not long enough for me. I think the US stores carry "long" sizes.

My Ride
    2016 Camaro SS convertible

BR tailored slim-fit seems to work well for me. I just wait for the 40% off and then pick up a couple for a decent price.

I have to get XL or the shoulders and arms don't fit, then I just take it to Henry's Tailoring and have the waist area taken in and shortened a bit. Costs an extra $20 a shirt, but then it fits great.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

So after getting them for 40% off, and paying for tailoring, how much in the end are you guys paying for these shirts?

Here's my review of Maxwells from a different thread.
    Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Thought I'd post up my experience with Maxwell. I ordered four shirts in November, and got them in about two weeks ago. I think they advertise 10-12 weeks delivery, but mine was slightly faster.
    I've been wearing them a bit, and I'm happy with the fit. Some have mentioned that the fabrics were very thin, but these feel about the same as the stuff I've been buying off the rack. maybe a touch thinner, but nothing outrageous.

I really like the customization options. I much prefer button-down collars, and I have a big neck and shoulders.
    Costs are reasonable. I got three of the $65 fabric, and one in $55. Shipping duty etc was a flat $12/shirt.
    So an average of $75 a shirt, and they fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

42" chest, 28" waist.. Anybody else have issues keeping their shirts tucked with a similar build?

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by BavarianBeast
    42" chest, 28" waist.. Anybody else have issues keeping their shirts tucked with a similar build?
    So you look just like Johnny Bravo then, eh?

JK, my measurements aren't too far off that. Sounds funny, but TBH the most success I've had in keeping my shirt tucked is due to one simple thing: Tuck your undershirt inside your underwear. It changed my life when I started doing this.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Originally posted by cjblair

So you look just like Johnny Bravo then, eh?

JK, my measurements aren't too far off that. Sounds funny, but TBH the most success I've had in keeping my shirt tucked is due to one simple thing: Tuck your undershirt inside your underwear. It changed my life when I started doing this.
    Some would say, yes. Lol. When I had a suit made the tailor couldn't believe my measurements, he had to triple check .

The minute I stand up or move my shoulders, my shirt is becoming un-tucked, even with the underwear method lol. Not to mention it looks like shit when you are trying to stuff a ton of extra shirt into your pants. Boss man said I don't look very professional with it un-tucked but I'm starting to care less..

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

I have my tailor sew a rubber "grip tape" more or less into the waistband of any pants that I wear tucked dress shirts with, it works amazingly well.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast