Quantcast
Nu Sushi Burger - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nu Sushi Burger

My Ride
    Has either 2 or 4 wheels

Default Nu Sushi Burger

GF went with some friends recently. Horrible experience. Here is her side:

I will never being going back to Nu Sushi Burger. Probably the worst dining experience I have ever had in my life. Ran out of so many things, including freaking potatoes, their poor server was in charge of every table and was overwhelmed, and they served me a burger with nuts in it with no mention on the menu of nuts. Someone I was with tried the burger and their mouth swelled up from the walnuts, hives and all. They apologized but also blamed us for not mentioning his nut allergy. I am sorry but if you serve a TOFU burger and say the burger is made of tofu and don't mention anything else, you're in the wrong.

From what she told me it was 20 min wait for drinks. Bunch of items on the printed menu have already been scratched and are no longer available. Ran out of potatoes so gave them all yam fries instead. Something tells me if they don't clean up their act pretty quick they wont be around a year from now.
    Signature..... I ate it!!

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Default Re: Nu Sushi Burger

Originally posted by quick_scar
    They apologized but also blamed us for not mentioning his nut allergy. I am sorry but if you serve a TOFU burger and say the burger is made of tofu and don't mention anything else, you're in the wrong.
    You should always disclose your allergies prior to ordering.
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

You ALWAYS disclose allergies, as the restaurant can't possibly know everyone's allergies or their severity. Even if the food doesn't contain nuts or whatever, it may have come in contact with them or have traces of them from cooking tools, storage, etc. That one is on her for sure, but it doesn't sound like a great place to be anyway.

Also, I don't mean to be rude, but I can't help but feel like someone who is angry at the restaurant for not being able to read their mind would also likely be exaggerating their other grievances, as people often do when they feel "wronged". Still, if they were out of everything, that would suck. If I could see that half their menu was scratched out, I probably would have left before ordering anyway.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 04-10-2015 at 09:19 AM.

My Ride
    V8s

to the allergy part - if a person has serious allergies, they're pretty stupid for not disclosing that.

The rest of the review is good info though, thanks for posting. I was thinking of trying it out before I read it. Definitely going to wait and see if they settle in or remain shitty before I go there.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Another +1, if you have an allergy or severe food aversion its up to you to disclose it.

You never know what the secret ingredient in something will be. Great example is gluten, they stuff wheat ingredients in tons of shit that you wouldn't suspect. If you assume you are eventually going to have a bad time.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

I don't know this place and am not affiliated, but you should probably speak up if you going to die because of an ingredient. Less than 1% of people have nut allergies. Can't expect the rest of the population to cater to you. I am allergic to people like you. Less playground zones please.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    Exploded.

So you fucked up and it's a new restaurant.

General rule: Go a month or two after opening to work the kinks out.

went 2 days ago and didn't have any issues with my experience there at all. Brought food out in a reasonable time and tasted really great. would definitely go again.

I have a nut allergy, depending on what I order I may or may not mention it. However the reality is I should always mention it. If I don't mention it and I got something with nuts in it 100% of the blame is on me.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

ran out of potatoes and gave them yam fries. Sounds like a good deal. Place is new and working out kinks, big deal. If it's good food i'll definitely go check em out after they get settled

I feel bad for your friend and the allergy incident but a chef might use 50 ingredients in a dish. It's not all going to be listed on the menu. Most menus actually state, "inform waiter of any allergies" for this very reason.
    Last edited by BigMass; 04-10-2015 at 09:11 PM.

My Ride
    NC1

Ya bro no one knows if you are allergic to msg etc. but of course the consumer is ALWAYS right.

Did they comp anything?

ppl get so worked up and emo over things.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Been there twice. First time service was great, second time service was so-so. Thought the food was pretty decent, good enough for a return go.

Your friend has an allergy and doesn't tell the restaurant? Can't blame the restaurant for not knowing.

My Ride
    TSX

OP's rant about person's own fault for not disclosing allergies did not discourage me at all from trying this place. Like another person posted earlier, the place is new too, so give them a break on not having everything correct like all the menu items available. I'd be super glad to get yam fries instead of regular fries for the same price.

Went here for lunch today. They just didn't have one appetizer item available. Tried the Kebab corn dog, the 'going' burgushi and the 'one roll' sushi. Everything tasted pretty good and service was excellent. Got drinks within 2 min of ordering and got checked on several times. If you want just sushi, I would go to a regular sushi restaurant instead though. Overall, I would go back.

I've driven by it a few times. I would try it out of curiosity. I went to a Mexican Sushi restaurant in SoHo a few weeks ago...it was pretty different...in a non-enjoyable way.

Went on Friday and the Jerk chicken burger with fries and house ketchup were amazing. The Russian Roulette sushi rolls were also pretty bomb along with the provided Sake shot. Will definitely be back soon!

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Default Re: Nu Sushi Burger

Originally posted by quick_scar
    GF went with some friends recently. Horrible experience. Here is her side:

I will never being going back to Nu Sushi Burger. Probably the worst dining experience I have ever had in my life. Ran out of so many things, including freaking potatoes, their poor server was in charge of every table and was overwhelmed, and they served me a burger with nuts in it with no mention on the menu of nuts. Someone I was with tried the burger and their mouth swelled up from the walnuts, hives and all. They apologized but also blamed us for not mentioning his nut allergy. I am sorry but if you serve a TOFU burger and say the burger is made of tofu and don't mention anything else, you're in the wrong.

From what she told me it was 20 min wait for drinks. Bunch of items on the printed menu have already been scratched and are no longer available. Ran out of potatoes so gave them all yam fries instead. Something tells me if they don't clean up their act pretty quick they wont be around a year from now.
    Sounds like if you bubble boys dont clean up your act and start disclosing serious allergies YOU wont be around in a year from now

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by TopNotch
    Went on Friday and the Jerk chicken burger with fries and house ketchup were amazing. The Russian Roulette sushi rolls were also pretty bomb along with the provided Sake shot. Will definitely be back soon!
    A top notch experience. Look forward to trying these guys on the weekend!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Aside from the allergies, Calgary is full of PRETENTIOUS and OVER-PRICED restaurants these days.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by Manhattan
    Aside from the allergies, Calgary is full of PRETENTIOUS and OVER-PRICED restaurants these days.
    That's because people are still willing to pay $$ for it.

It's the nature of the beast.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by flipstah

That's because people are still willing to pay $$ for it.

It's the nature of the beast.
    sounds like its priced right to me then

...blame commercial lease rates, $20+/sqft

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast