Quantcast
Facebook wants Gov ID - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Facebook wants Gov ID

My Ride
    yfz450,2012 Silverado, Yamaha AR230HO

Default Facebook wants Gov ID

Lol Facebook! If these idiots think I'm sending them a scanned copy of my id or credit card they've gone insane. Too bad I can't log back in to even delete my account, but I won't miss them.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

I have no idea what you're talking about....

Do you have a business account or something like that?
    Ultracrepidarian

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-13-2019 at 01:34 AM.

My Ride
    yfz450,2012 Silverado, Yamaha AR230HO

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    This:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...ccounts-again/

Facebook is cracking down on fake accounts... they want you to use your real name and birthday

Yep!
    I just use it to follow a couple boating, off road and RC sites so I use a user name rather than my real name or birthdate.

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    This:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...ccounts-again/

Facebook is cracking down on fake accounts... they want you to use your real name and birthday
    18 month old news article - if it was worth it's weight in ones and zeroes then I'm sure we would've heard more it in the mainstream media by now.

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

I really don't understand why people create a Facebook account under a "fake" name/ birth date.

You can literally make an account with just your first name, last name, birth date, and email. Pretty sure you need to provide more information than that for membership card at Speeders GoKarts. Being worried about your privacy online is... meh... just opening a web browser and searching through Google can provide certain websites etc. your IP address.

If you had an account under a fake name and it got locked - just make a new account (perhaps with your real name..)

I personally don't mind this. Had a family member last month have their account "duplicated." Someone in Nigeria had taken their profile pic and because they had their friends visibility on public - the person (or automated system) added all her same friends and began messaging them links to whatever.. People began calling her asking why she's sending this stuff.
    Took me 2 minutes to type her name and find the "impersonator." Reported it and it was gone in literally 5 minutes. I was impressed with their responsiveness to it. (They even sent a follow up email to explain the action taken against the acct etc.)

My Ride
    1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 1991 Volvo 240 Wagon

I personally don't mind this. Had a family member last month have their account "duplicated." Someone in Nigeria had taken their profile pic and because they had their friends visibility on public - the person (or automated system) added all her same friends and began messaging them links to whatever.. People began calling her asking why she's sending this stuff.
    Took me 2 minutes to type her name and find the "impersonator." Reported it and it was gone in literally 5 minutes. I was impressed with their responsiveness to it. (They even sent a follow up email to explain the action taken against the acct etc.) [/B]

This actually happened to me. My profile pictures were the only thing public on my account, they took my pictures and made a new account and started adding all my friends. Of course people accepted them... then they started posting really weird shit and sending people weird messages.

They ended up making multiple accounts as accounts got shut down... I also got death threats and all sorts of fun stuff...

Facebook ended up completely shutting them down...wish it was much faster since it was extremely embarrassing and disturbing. It got to the point I was about to get the police involved.

Identity verification is important.

1994 Mustang - SBF swap in progress

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

LOL Facebook... And people are concerned about Googles shenanigans?

I've "closed" my Facebook account about 4 years and never looked back and fyi.. your account is always there.. its never removed.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-13-2019 at 01:32 AM.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by firebane
    fyi.. your account is always there.. its never removed.
    Just because you never permanently deleted yours, doesn't mean it can't be done. You have to tell them not just click a button and call it a day.

I always use aliases as a litmus test.

Its a fun social experiment to determine the best route to game the system (me being Lawful Evil afterall)

IE: If you use the name like Max Power in a job application, strangely enough you do get far more responses than if you use Wilma Black, or Wang Chung. I'd give Alberta a solid D for discrimination bias (which is probably why a woman in Alberta still only gets paid 63% of a man)

Does the government help? I've never seen Rob Anders even address the issue in the nearly two decades he had the chance.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/04...n_7081108.html

Are you female and thinking about Wildrose? I'd say 49% of males wages, and each woman gets a half vote Burrrn.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 04-21-2015 at 07:35 AM.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

My wife cant change her name on facebook because they dont believe my last name is real.

And I heard a story on the radio where all the first nations people that sign up were getting denied on their names too.
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Could have been over 60% if I wasn’t a paper hand bitch

Originally posted by ZenOps
    I always use aliases as a litmus test.

Its a fun social experiment to determine the best route to game the system (me being Lawful Evil afterall)

IE: If you use the name like Max Power in a job application, strangely enough you do get far more responses than if you use Wilma Black, or Wang Chung. I'd give Alberta a solid D for discrimination bias (which is probably why a woman in Alberta still only gets paid 63% of a man)

Does the government help? I've never seen Rob Anders even address the issue in the nearly two decades he had the chance.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/04...n_7081108.html

Are you female and thinking about Wildrose? I'd say 49% of males wages, and each woman gets a half vote Burrrn.
    Off topic but curious - in the almost 40 years I've been working a woman in any job where she was doing the same work as a man in that job got paid the same amount. A technician at TELUS got paid the same hourly rate regardless of their sex - same went for operators or any other bargaining unit employees. When I worked at the Alberta Wheat Pool in the 70's, same thing. In our own business same thing - we do not differentiate pay based upon sex.

What the Z-man is quoting is over-all wage statistics but that is not fair IMHO - equal pay for equal work is probably pretty much the standard in every workplace in Alberta or even Canada as long as you're comparing apples to apples. But the naysayers that be will skew the numbers for their own good every time - saying that women in Alberta still only gets paid 63% of a man but conveniently keeping quiet when questioned if the work/job is the exact same one. The 63% number is bull shit and you know it, Z-man - please provide even one single example of where a woman is being paid 63% less for the same work being performed as her male counterpart in the same workplace. You will not find it.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by nzwasp
    And I heard a story on the radio where all the first nations people that sign up were getting denied on their names too.
    "dad, how did we get our names?"
    "Well son," replies the father. "it all has to do with the way you are born. For example, your sister was born in the morning, so we named her RisingSun. Your brother was born next to a river, so we named him Running Brook. Why do you ask, Broken Rubber?

Last edited by Cos; 12-28-2016 at 03:44 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...says-1.2982145

CBC seems to want to quote 63% for females in Alberta in year 2011, apples to apples. I am pretty positive it has gotten worse since 1970, when it was around 70%.

I'd assume they use some sort of Ipsos or direct tax receipts to get that average. To this day it really suprises me that women will vote for PC or even think about WildRose - as they do tend to be more "conservative" in womens roles (meaning, pay less)

Liberals and NDP tend to be a little more "everyone gets equal pay-ish".

I mean really ladies, so what if the east is screwing us over in the west (Liberals)? Rob Anders is screwing you far more percentage wise because you don't have a dick. But Rob Anders will pay dicks, much much more.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 04-21-2015 at 11:51 AM.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

Originally posted by ZenOps
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...says-1.2982145

CBC seems to want to quote 63% for females in Alberta in year 2011, apples to apples.

I'd assume they use some sort of Ipsos or direct tax receipts to get that average.
    It is not apples to apples - from the news article...
    As of 2011, women in Alberta were paid, on average, 63 per cent of a man’s income. In Ontario, the study showed women fared better, earning about 74 per cent of a man’s wage
    No mention anywhere of same job, same pay - this is just an overall Alberta average.. Such a BS news article but then again, it is referring to something the Parkland Institute spewed out.

Once again Z-man - please provide even one single example of where a woman is being paid 63% less for the same work being performed as her male counterpart in the same workplace. You will not find it.

BTW, nice ninja edit there Z-man.