Quantcast
Tesla Megathread (was Just lost $40k USD on Tesla options) - Page 14 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Tesla Megathread (was Just lost $40k USD on Tesla options)

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Trash talking apple is awesome, no matter how transparently petulant it makes him sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm way less "me" than people give me discredit for.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/tesla-...172310492.html

Pretty crazy how closely the Tesla stock price is tied back to CR reviews. Reliability ratings come out, Tesla dead last, stock drops 10%.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Hahaha,

"103 out of 100 points!!! but don't buy this car!"
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

Originally posted by rage2
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/tesla-...172310492.html

Pretty crazy how closely the Tesla stock price is tied back to CR reviews. Reliability ratings come out, Tesla dead last, stock drops 10%.
    Where did you get dead last from? According to this:

http://www.latimes.com/business/auto...020-story.html

While Consumer Reports graded the Model S, it didn’t officially include Tesla in its annual ranking of 28 auto brands because until last month, the car company had only one vehicle in the market.

But if it were scored as a brand, the automaker would have placed 19th, between Acura and GC, Consumer Reports said.
    I'm not sure what I think about CR. According to them they use data from polling existing drivers. CR also says:

Despite the problems, our data show that Tesla owner satisfaction is still very high: Ninety-seven percent of owners said they would definitely buy their car again.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by supe
    Where did you get dead last from? According to this:

I'm not sure what I think about CR. According to them they use data from polling existing drivers. CR also says:
    From the consumer reports report. It's dead last for Electric/Hybrid cars. There's a screenshot of it here:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...n-reliability/

Owner satisfaction is high because of the bleeding edge effect. Tesla buyers are more forgiving when it comes to issues on the Model S due to new technologies vs. say if they bought a Mercedes that's using established technologies.

The 2 owners can chime in here to agree/disagree.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

Those that were least reliable are Lincoln followed by Ford, Acura, GMC, Chevrolet, Mercedes-Benz , Chrysler, Dodge, Infiniti and Cadillac.
    Still beating out ICE vehicles tho

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Well, it beat Lincoln, Ford and Acura. You even quoted it yourself. I don't think that's anything to brag about.

I noticed you bolded Mercedes-Benz, the nice thing about Mercedes-Benz is that there are tons of models to choose from, so I can choose to buy a model that's known for reliability and skip the lemons (C63S AMG and GT-S have tons of first year teething issues). I can't do that with Tesla.

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

Well Tesla, on average, beat out the likes of Mercedes, Infiniti and Cadillac, I would say that is something to brag about.

I bolded MB only because of a recent article comparing the two, thought it would be somewhat relevant.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

So are Mercedes, Infiniti and Cadillac considered to be markers of reliability to you then? Since beating them is something to brag about?

News to me.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Well Tesla, on average, beat out the likes of Mercedes, Infiniti and Cadillac, I would say that is something to brag about.

I bolded MB only because of a recent article comparing the two, thought it would be somewhat relevant.
    You got it backwards. Read carefully.

But if it were scored as a brand, the automaker would have placed 19th, between Acura and GMC, Consumer Reports said.
    Those that were least reliable are Lincoln followed by Ford, Acura, GMC, Chevrolet, Mercedes-Benz , Chrysler, Dodge, Infiniti and Cadillac.
    That means that the list goes:

Lincoln, Ford, Acura, Tesla, GMC, Chevrolet, Mercedes-Benz , Chrysler, Dodge, Infiniti and Cadillac.

Ordered from least reliable. Tesla is 4th last, only beating Lincoln, Ford and Acura. I'm more surprised Acura is that far down on the list...

Here are some owners reaction to the news.

http://my.teslamotors.com/forum/foru...recommendation

I'm not even going to quote any of it. There are tons of owners with lots of problems, and yet they'll still buy another one. That explains your 97% rating.

edit - I'll quote one because this is pretty extreme.

I have a car built during the rush of first quarter 2013 (vin 8xxx). Since delivery I've had several rattles fixed, a new drive-train, a new charging unit, and several other issues addressed. The car might be borderline lemon-status in CA, but I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

Originally posted by killramos
    So are Mercedes, Infiniti and Cadillac considered to be markers of reliability to you then? Since beating them is something to brag about?

News to me.
    Gave this a bit of thought, and yes actually, if it weren't for CR I would have fully expected Mercedes to lead the European market, Infiniti to lead the Japanese market and Cadillac to lead the american market. I'm actually quite surprised they ranked so low.

So low in fact you're probably right, beating them is nothing to brag about........... except..... when you consider that the Model S is Tesla's first real production car, that its still possibly the safest car you can buy, and destroys the competition in a straight line... and apparently the autodrive isn't too shabby.

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

Originally posted by rage2

You got it backwards. Read carefully.

you got me

But as a small correction, not 4th last. 19/28. There is a few more brands after that list:

The worst brands were Ram followed by Jeep and then Fiat dead last.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-15-2019 at 01:29 PM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Gave this a bit of thought, and yes actually, if it weren't for CR I would have fully expected Mercedes to lead the European market, Infiniti to lead the Japanese market and Cadillac to lead the american market. I'm actually quite surprised they ranked so low.
    Then your head really is 6 feet deep into the sand.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Tesla can brag about their car when it can beat the cheapest cars on the market at doing normal things

Currently the cheapest econo-box on the market will beat it to Vancouver and back on account of long charge times VS 5 minute gas stops. That same Econo-box will then go ahead and kill it on the track after the Tesla overheats and goes into limp mode.

I won't even touch on how overpriced they are
    Actually I'll challenge that neither of those things are "normal" things. 99% of driving is done inner city. And I'll leave it to you to find the percentage of people that track their cars.

As for pricing... we're only a few short years away until the model 3 is out. Even then there is little in the way of real competition.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-15-2019 at 01:29 PM.

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

What about the added convenience of never having to visit a gas station ever again. This fact alone is hugely underrated, ask any Tesla owner. I would easily trade in my one stop a week every week for that road trip, once or twice a year. Added kicker is free supercharging.

Keep in mind as well that Tesla is predicting an 8% improvement a year in battery technology. We're already seeing this with the 85 going 90 and on the lower end 60 to 70. I personally think the percentage is on the high end but nonetheless range will improve and costs can only go down.

Contrast this to ICE where the only improvements made are in defeat devices.

Contrast this to ICE where the only improvements made are in defeat devices.
    I must be misunderstanding you, because it sounds like you're saying ICE engines haven't gotten cheaper and more efficient recently.

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

Originally posted by Mibz
    I must be misunderstanding you, because it sounds like you're saying ICE engines haven't gotten cheaper and more efficient recently.
    This is exactly what I'm saying cars aren't getting any cheaper and efficiency, seriously? If their were any its marginal. ICE has been around forever but they have pretty much reached the limit on how efficient an engine can run. This from wikipedia:

"Modern gasoline engines have a maximum thermal efficiency of about 25% to 30% when used to power a car."

An EV on the other hand has way more potential. Batteries suck.. but they will get better there is no doubt about it, both in density and in cost. Charging times suck, but it will get better. Despite these drawbacks, Tesla today, already has a pretty compelling vehicle, maybe not for killramos, but they're still selling every vehicle they make, and its only the beginning. As more companies come on board, queue apple, EV's only have one direction to go.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

wow...

fact.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 LastLast