Quantcast
Fernie mountain bike trip - suggestions? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Fernie mountain bike trip - suggestions?

Default Fernie mountain bike trip - suggestions?

Hey guys I am planning to take my gf to Fernie a couple times this summer as she is getting into riding more with me. I myself have never been in that area riding and was looking for some pointers on spots to get info/riding trails and accommodations.

I may just end up tenting in as we enjoy that and, I would assume they have some nice sites set up in the area. I wouldn't think a hotel makes much sense, like Banff. Any good places to eat/trails or sights that are a must see. Nothing crazy downhill advanced as she has never been on anything other than a basic biking trail in Lake Louise area.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

My Ride
    FT86

The Fernie ski hill basically becomes a mountain biking playground during the summer months. There would be trails ranging from beginner to expert to suit your needs.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

There is a TON of off resort stuff that's wild around there too, my friends ride there a lot each year but I do not so I'm not too familiar with the off resort areas. Hanging out at local coffee/bike shops and chatting up the riders will be your best bet if you can't do any local recon prior to the trip.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

There's a lot of kickass trails in that area. Did the Fernie 3 there last year and it takes you through some of the most spectacular riding/terrain. Look up trails like Hyperventilation, Roots, project 9, it's phenomenal.

My Ride
    wrx wagon

Camping - there's only 1 proper campsite in fernie, that's at mt fernie provincial park. You can hit some biking trails right from there (dem bones, brokeback etc), but most of them will be blue or black.

For easy bike trails to do with your gf I'd recommend the ski hill which has some decent green runs and no up hill which means you can do several runs without getting tired (more practice for her). The other place I'd recommend is Ridgemont. Park at the Aquatic centre downtown and check out the map posted at the skills park. You have to ride up, but it is free. Some good green runs (Eco terrorist, sidewinder, kids stuff). Also can do some practice at the skills park.

My Ride
    FT86

I just discovered that the ski hill trails aren't going to be open until late June. Since I also plan to make a few trips out there to ride, I came across this http://www.bikefernie.ca/trails

That probably covers most of the main trails around the area.