Quantcast
Calgary home trashed thru Airbnb - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Calgary home trashed thru Airbnb

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Please PM me the party invite. Thanks!
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I'll go one step further. Open invite on Beyond!

Just kidding.

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by rage2
    Way more pics here:

http://websta.me/n/staryeyes1986?lang=en

Looks like a hell of a party.
    Was hoping it was pics of the actual "drug induced orgy"

My Ride
    Lease

Way more pics here:

Link seems to be dead

My Ride
    firebird

^Insurance is unlikely to cover any of this as Canada is behind the times for ST rental insurance products. There is a class of products in the US that covers ST rentals, but for something of this magnitude, I doubt it will be covered unless they have a special policy. I can't speak for the Air BnB coverage, but I would imagine it won't be easy. I have searched far and near for a policy that covers a ST furnished rental condo and nothing covers damage by the tenants. The policies are essentially useless and it basically forces the home owner to self insure. This really sucks for home owner.

One helluva party though!
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

Way more pics here:

Need an account to view

My Ride
    2GR-FE Hethel, 14W246, 13W251, 06NC, 02Aerio

In all honesty...they are pretty dumb to rent out their own home.
    Your own insurance won't cover this. Most companies do not insure short term rentals / vandalism...all because of this happens all too often.
    Insurance Pro

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

The renters are dumb. You rent your personal home out to strangers in Calgary? Maybe I'm out of touch, but really, how much money are you gonna make by renting out your home and staying with family? I just don't get it, not worth it to me.

I rent houses on VRBO in Mexico a couple times a year, always large private residences and have never had to give any kind of reason or explanation (wedding party,etc.). Do you email them from a rage2@gmail account or something?

I see this shit all the time... never did an airbnb victim clean up but I have seen much, much worse.

To each and their own I guess, but I would never rent out my place to complete strangers. I didn't even know this type of service existed until this thread came up. There is another guy who rented out his 2.5m condo for a weekeand and received 25k worth of damages. Seriously, you own a 2.5m condo and renting out for a few hundred bucks for the weekend? Even at 400-500 which are the higher end rentals on bnb it's not worth it.

My Ride
    1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 1991 Volvo 240 Wagon

I'm curious to see what will happen to the thrashers. I feel they're going to get a slap on the wrist, but I hope I'm wrong.

I'm also curious what their side of the story is

1994 Mustang - SBF swap in progress

Originally posted by botox
    To each and their own I guess, but I would never rent out my place to complete strangers. I didn't even know this type of service existed until this thread came up. There is another guy who rented out his 2.5m condo for a weekeand and received 25k worth of damages. Seriously, you own a 2.5m condo and renting out for a few hundred bucks for the weekend? Even at 400-500 which are the higher end rentals on bnb it's not worth it.
    400-500 is not the high end of rentals

There are many on there that around thousands per night. A 2.5mm condo should fetch at least $1500/ night. Not bad for a weekend as long as you trust the people you're renting to

Also big LOL at the "drug induced orgy" description. I don't see any needles/white powder anywhere in the pics...just a fuck ton of liquor. I bet they found a couple roaches and that was enough to call it that. CPS needs to work on their PR

Originally posted by sabad66

Also big LOL at the "drug induced orgy" description. I don't see any needles/white powder anywhere in the pics...just a fuck ton of liquor. I bet they found a couple roaches and that was enough to call it that. CPS needs to work on their PR
    No shit. If you're gonna have a gangbang, do it right. Clothes at the door, keys in a jar, brick on the table, lol GO!

Originally posted by sabad66

400-500 is not the high end of rentals

There are many on there that around thousands per night. A 2.5mm condo should fetch at least $1500/ night. Not bad for a weekend as long as you trust the people you're renting to

My bad, I was looking at the Calgary listings and there wasn't any over 1k a night and the 2.5m condo was in Toronto. I still don't see this being a good idea at all unless you are planning to replace all your furniture and renovating the place. The only people that sleep in my bed is myself, wife and the kids sometimes when there is lightning. I love the twitter and instagram party invites though, very discrete haha.

This house was probably rented out for $80-100/night, someone can probably go check on airbnb if it is still listed.

Seriously, who rents out their primary residence for the weekend?
    ---

In my experience airbnb rates are comparable to hotel rates. For a house of that size I'm guessing $200-300/night at the very least. That's a pretty significant amount of additional income for most people.

Personally I don't even like to use airbnb on vacations because the locations generally suck compared to major hotels and there's not much of a price difference.

Originally posted by Jlude
    The renters are dumb. You rent your personal home out to strangers in Calgary? Maybe I'm out of touch, but really, how much money are you gonna make by renting out your home and staying with family? I just don't get it, not worth it to me.

I rent houses on VRBO in Mexico a couple times a year, always large private residences and have never had to give any kind of reason or explanation (wedding party,etc.). Do you email them from a rage2@gmail account or something?
    This is your own belongings were talking about. Hopefully they get taken care of by the bnb guys but theres no way i could move back if it were just a cleaning that was being done.

My Ride
    Grimace

Didn't realize this was in sage hill, now it is more funny.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by kenny
    This house was probably rented out for $80-100/night, someone can probably go check on airbnb if it is still listed.

Seriously, who rents out their primary residence for the weekend?
    People who bought more than they should have, and are house-poor.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast