Quantcast
Beyond Musicians! Jam Lately? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Beyond Musicians! Jam Lately?

My Ride
    2003 MB E320

Default Beyond Musicians! Jam Lately?

Hey Beyond!

I know some of you guys play instruments. I've been given a hosting gig by a good friend of mine named Kaley Kinjo. Those of you that know him must agreed when I say he's a stand up guy and a hardworking artist/musician. He grew it for about a year and passed it on to me.

Since I took over, I seem to have been drawing musicians along with some rappers and singer/songwriters. This led me to open up the stage to musicians, but in an improvisational setting.

I branded it "Groove Theory", took my camera to the last 6 weeks and took shots/videos, started a Facebook page and now I'm trying to reach out to more players.

If you go through the Facebook page, you'll notice that we have had some pretty cool moments and all kinds of talent passes by. I'd love to see people like finboy come down with a pedal or two and initiate a jam.

I'll copy n paste some of the stuff I've written up for online promo so you get a sense of how the evening works. Any advice/feedback/ideas would be great. I'm new to this hosting thing but I can lay down a groove on demand. Hope you guys come out and jam one day.

CALLING OUT EMCEES SINGERS POETS AND SPOKEN WORD ARTISTS !!

An Open-Ended, Free Form, perfectly imperfect, "do wat u feel" Open Mic/Jam

GROOVE THEORY - The Musician's Jam Vol. 7 - hosted by Jory Kinjo

EVERY THURSDAY at Below Deck Tavern | 9 PM

LIKE the facebook page for upcoming host bands, pictures, videos and updates ! check out who's hosting next !!

www.facebook.com/groovetheorycalgary

Bring Your Instrument and if you think you can add to the music, JUMP ON - hopefully we will see some Brass this Week !

How is this a "musician's" jam?

For starters, the jam itself is held by a group of musicians from the Calgary live music scene. Secondly, during the course of the evening, we put a random groups of musicians on stage, we have an audience member name the group and we let one person develop an idea so that the rest of the group can build on it. sometimes we will throw a rapper or a singer to lead the group.

soul | reggae | ska | blues | rnb | rocksteady | doo wop | funk | groove

• 19c Wings •

Below Deck DOWNSTAIRS right beside Flames Central at 8:30 PM

Backline Provided. bring horns, guitars, basses, cymbals, tambourines, cowbells, triangles...

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Do you have any drums?
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    2003 MB E320

Drums are there. Just bring cymbals, sticks, your favourite snare maybe - The usual breakables.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

I play bass. Have been for 19 years now, used to play for two bands in town, I'm very good, I play 7,6,5 string basses . I'd be down next time I'm down in the C dot. One thing I'd recommend doing is dropping the poetry. Kind of a buzz kill to have someone walk up and reading off some crap they've written.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"