Quantcast
Imminent Housing Crash - Page 88 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 88 of 102 FirstFirst ... 78 87 88 89 98 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 2035

Thread: Imminent Housing Crash

My Ride
    2009 G37X sedan, 2009 Murano

Originally posted by Feruk

Or more likely, your kid will stay here where the jobs are, and you'll be paying for his/her down payment like they do in Vancouver.
    Damn kids they always ruin everything! !!! but maybe they'll find some nice rich mainlanders to marry

Originally posted by suntan
    LOL, $888000, wonder who they're targeting:

https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/S...West-Hillhurst
    Needs a lucky price to offset the street number.

My Ride
    Silverado

I hope the gubment regulates foreign investment before it becomes an issue.

My Ride
    E90, FD, STI

Originally posted by Manhattan

Needs a lucky price to offset the street number.
    That street number isnt a total dealer breaker (I wouldn't want it though lol). Now something like 5658 44st would be bad. 9413 44st would be even worse too.

I saw a white guy with the vanity plate 4444444 Not long ago. I loled at his death mobile.

My Ride
    13 AUDI A4, 14 TUNDRA SR5, 12 VW GOLF TDI

street number for my townhouse is 444. Does it mean I live in death house? Lol

numbers are abstract objects that have absolutely zero causal relation to nature. With the amount of intelligent Chinese well educated in science I would assume this would not be an issue. Can't imagine that many Chinese purchasing million dollar homes that are uneducated and so heavily influenced by irrational superstition. Well, at least in regards to such high priced home purchases. IMO that's more superstition from white people to cater to Chinese buyers. I imagine wealthy educated Chinese buyers rolling their eyes at that type of stuff. Am I wrong?

My Ride
    E90, FD, STI

My wife has a genetics degree and was a research scientist for a decade working at the u of a, and she wouldn't buy a death house. To me it's more a cultural thing than a belief.

Religious belief is not exactly logical or rational and plenty of scientists are still religious on some level.

Money and success doesn't mean intelligence or logical thought either

Originally posted by BigMass
    numbers are abstract objects that have absolutely zero causal relation to nature. With the amount of intelligent Chinese well educated in science I would assume this would not be an issue. Can't imagine that many Chinese purchasing million dollar homes that are uneducated and so heavily influenced by irrational superstition. Well, at least in regards to such high priced home purchases. IMO that's more superstition from white people to cater to Chinese buyers. I imagine wealthy educated Chinese buyers rolling their eyes at that type of stuff. Am I wrong?
    Yes.

Originally posted by Zhao Kan
    My wife has a genetics degree and was a research scientist for a decade working at the u of a, and she wouldn't buy a death house. To me it's more a cultural thing than a belief.

thanks! I find many biologists to be more open to woo woo than physicists and it's understandable. I was honestly just curious on what others experiences have been in regards to Chinese numerology and home sales. And I only ask because obviously, to have the ability to leave china and purchase property overseas would mean the economic and social status of that person is quite a bit larger than the average Chinese citizen. Just like in any other culture.

They also have that thing about stairs.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by BigMass

thanks! I find many biologists to be more open to woo woo than physicists and it's understandable. I was honestly just curious on what others experiences have been in regards to Chinese numerology and home sales. And I only ask because obviously, to have the ability to leave china and purchase property overseas would mean the economic and social status of that person is quite a bit larger than the average Chinese citizen. Just like in any other culture.
    It's basically something to bitch about if something doesn't go your way.

Just like when life sucks, Christians like to say Jesus is testing them.

Life sucks for Chinese, must be that damn 4 in the house number or feng shui. You will be surprised how many ultra rich Chinese believes in feng shui and pays top dollars for masters to design their homes and offices.

I still got aunts and uncles that blames the misfortune of their grandkids on bad burial plot of my grandpa and not because they spoiled them for life. I can only do .

Originally posted by suntan
    They also have that thing about stairs.
    Can't face front door or cash will rush out.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 07-01-2016 at 08:49 PM.

My Ride
    '01 B15 Sentra & '10 C11X Versa 6Sp 5Dr

Originally posted by Xtrema

Can't face front door or cash will rush out.
    Bedroom door should also not face stairs. Front door should not have a road leading to it as in the case of a T intersection.

To mess with superstitious Chinese, you should install a threshold at front door and tell them it's to keep Chinese vampires out
    Someday we may need to activate the halo structure off Deerfoot and destroy the North East.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

I have the ultimate Chinese house then, which would explain the multiple offers when I bought it.

Stairs going to basement are perpendicular to the front and back doors, so are the stairs going upstairs. The two largest bedrooms have doors that are perpendicular to the stairs as well. House number is 8, built in 2008 and the road in front runs parallel to the house (not at the end of the block)
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    2009 G37X sedan, 2009 Murano

My house number is 8, stairs are pretty hard to find when you walk in...our front door directly faces an oncoming alley way though ....plus our house is only 1350 sq ft, too small and shameful for any real Chinese to buy ...but it does have an "NW" address hahaha

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

If Mainlanders come, Ill just put a fake number on the outside ..... 38 is supposed to be good.

What a joke, might as well regress back into the dark ages of spirits taking your soul. In Korea some people believe that having a fan on in a closed room will "chop" the air molecules and you will suffocate.

The SE Asians might be highly educated, but they generally cant think their way out of a paper bag when it comes time to think rationally and outside the cultural norms.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

CoC addressing:

Odd numbers are assigned to the west and south sides of numbered streets and avenues, except on curvilinear streets.
    Even numbers are assigned to the east and north sides of numbered streets and avenues, except on curvilinear streets.

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by FraserB
    I have the ultimate Chinese house then, which would explain the multiple offers when I bought it.

Stairs going to basement are perpendicular to the front and back doors, so are the stairs going upstairs. The two largest bedrooms have doors that are perpendicular to the stairs as well. House number is 8, built in 2008 and the road in front runs parallel to the house (not at the end of the block)
    I'm gonna start calling you Kung Fu Panda

My Ride
    2GR-FE Hethel, 14W246, 13W251, 06NC, 02Aerio

Originally posted by revelations
    If Mainlanders come, Ill just put a fake number on the outside ..... 38 is supposed to be good.

What a joke, might as well regress back into the dark ages of spirits taking your soul. In Korea some people believe that having a fan on in a closed room will "chop" the air molecules and you will suffocate.

The SE Asians might be highly educated, but they generally cant think their way out of a paper bag when it comes time to think rationally and outside the cultural norms.
    58 is much better than 38 for mainlanders.
    38 means gossip
    58 means I am getting rich.
    Insurance Pro

My Ride
    M5 Competition

My Ride
    '01 B15 Sentra & '10 C11X Versa 6Sp 5Dr

I've always wondered about 48. Is it desirable or not, it's short and simple, but has a 4 and an 8.
    Someday we may need to activate the halo structure off Deerfoot and destroy the North East.

Page 88 of 102 FirstFirst ... 78 87 88 89 98 ... LastLast