Imminent Housing Crash - Page 98 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 98 of 102 FirstFirst ... 88 97 98 99 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 2035

Thread: Imminent Housing Crash

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hard to predict...if it was very few of us would be working. But to think another 08/09 is upon us is too much pessimism. That was a generational collapse and the real estate here wasn't affected much other than rates went lower. A very specific set of circumstances led to housing prices to crash in the US that are not present. Of course there could be risks that very few of us are aware of that leads to a crash but chances are slim as Canadian lending practices are pretty tame. When the next recession hits we'll likely see very mild effects on housing. Historically low rates will keep the cost of borrowing very cheap.
    https://www.axios.com/bridgewater-be...3b0704c77.html

That said, could just be lingering effect after I watch The Big Short again on the weekend.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 12-02-2019 at 07:39 PM.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Yah. I dunno. I just don't want to go back to renting. Renting just sucks. Still have to fork out cash and be at the mercy of the landlord who could possibly sell it and you have to move.

Totally right on the timing being somewhat forced by life events. We are looking for a larger home for maybe starting a family. Currently in a 'starter' home that would be priced reasonably well as to not squeeze people out. Started looking at County property because the taxes way, way cheaper than city or town but it's so close to Red Deer that it's essentially another subdivision but owned by County.

Just wanted to see what the Beyond general sentiment is. Thanks for input all.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

From what I heard, higher priced stuff and overpriced condos took a bath as expected. But looking at creb data median detached price has barely fallen since 2015. Like 20k.

That's nothing . Didn't mortgage rules tighten up and rates go up?
    Last edited by 04Terminator; 12-03-2019 at 12:36 AM.
    GT1R. 8.82@169
    Mission

My Ride
    *The First*

I'd like to hear the OP's take on this...

Tumbleweed.gif

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I'd like to hear the OP's take on this...

Tumbleweed.gif
    I think OP is no longer on this forum. 'Tis a shame. I just noticed he's gone....
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post
    I think OP is no longer on this forum. 'Tis a shame. I just noticed he's gone....
    Oh, I noticed that. Just quickly deleted about 10,000 posts before he/she/it left. That is some pretty crazy, scorched earth kind of getaway.

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

Oh, I noticed that. Just quickly deleted about 10,000 posts before he/she/it left. That is some pretty crazy, scorched earth kind of getaway.
    Wow that's bizarre
    GT1R. 8.82@169
    Mission

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

There's lots of scripts to do it, especially with the forum being vbulletin based. I run one on reddit every few months just to purge any history just for the sake of why not.

My Ride
    Bicycle

It sucks when you get doxxed. Don't know what happened but I remember he went back to school in BC and wonder if he pissed off some kids and doxxed him.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Terminator View Post
    From what I heard, higher priced stuff and overpriced condos took a bath as expected. But looking at creb data median detached price has barely fallen since 2015. Like 20k.

That's nothing . Didn't mortgage rules tighten up and rates go up?
    Rule are tighten but not the rate. Low to median prices are the only thing moving but not at any rate before 2018. Median price is also down 5% from last year. 2018 sales is 15% less than 2017 and 2019 seems to be same as 2018. So you can say that the mortgage rule removed 15% of would be buyers from the market. And so far, nobody have any stats about Liberal's new first time home buyer plan has any impact, at least for Calgary.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 12-03-2019 at 09:53 AM.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    There's lots of scripts to do it, especially with the forum being vbulletin based. I run one on reddit every few months just to purge any history just for the sake of why not.
    Is there?!
    I should have realized that. I assumed only a moderator would be able to sweep that away quickly.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Should I be cleaning my history? My entire damned life is on here.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Huh. What happened to Sugarphreak? Why'd he leave?

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    It sucks when you get doxxed. Don't know what happened but I remember he went back to school in BC and wonder if he pissed off some kids and doxxed him.
    I don't think anyone but him knows why he did it. Beyond was the only forum he scrubbed his posts from, his posts on other sites are still up. IIRC he was struggling a bit with his schooling, I figured maybe he wanted to eliminate Beyond as a distraction.

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    I don't think anyone but him knows why he did it. Beyond was the only forum he scrubbed his posts from, his posts on other sites are still up. IIRC he was struggling a bit with his schooling, I figured maybe he wanted to eliminate Beyond as a distraction.
    Was sugarphreak aka Toma? It's a coincidence we tried to book some dyno time for a few GTR guys and fly in Tony Palo since he bought the crazy hub dyno, but no one could find him, and rumour had it he moved and went back to school.
    GT1R. 8.82@169
    Mission

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Was sugarphreak aka Toma? It's a coincidence we tried to book some dyno time for a few GTR guys and fly in Tony Palo since he bought the crazy hub dyno, but no one could find him, and rumour had it he moved and went back to school.
    Sugarphreak and Toma are definitely different people, I've met both in person, just a coincidence. I hadn't heard about Toma moving, I thought he was just doing the dyno stuff as a hobby now.

I see what you trying to do here..

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

I met Sugarphreak a few times( back when he had a fit, and with the fiST) and Toma a couple times at his dyno days they are definitely not the same person

My Ride
    Eclipse

We resigned a mortgage (I have one with my dad) but I was realllly really against it even at a really good rate.

If I was alone I would of def sold the house now at a 4-5% drop (Or whatever market has gone down) and hold off.

There was just 0% chance that prime increased and it was going to stay the same or go down.

I think 08/09 market bubble is possible again but it's wont be because of mortgages but more of lack of work and other economic factors. (IMO)

I've said it for the last year +

I don't see a full deal happening before the US election between China and USA and i see it happening a few months before the US election (Yes i realize we are in Canada) and I think it will effect us, I just don't know if it will effect us as bad as the USA but we will get hit with the recession.

AI is going to keep progressing, jobs will keep being lost, life expectancy will keep increasing, gov debt will keep increasing and it just doesn't add up to me at all.

I'm not a fan of the next year to come but I also wasn't a big fan of the previous year and what it should of had in store with us, but the longer this continues the harder the crash will be.

When you have the TSX/Dow/S&P and all time highs and really for no reason (PMI has decreased) something isn't adding up.

Edit: If anyone wants to check statistics go to https://tradingeconomics.com/ and compare see what should benefit countries economies and what shouldn't.
    Last edited by Kobe; 12-03-2019 at 12:49 PM.
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by eglove View Post
    I met Sugarphreak a few times( back when he had a fit, and with the fiST) and Toma a couple times at his dyno days they are definitely not the same person
    Who suggested that SP and Toma were the same...lol

We all know who the Tomas are here: 04Terminator, etc. SP was a reasonably well respected member here...toma/04Term not so much.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

I don’t recall ever seeing it this bad in Calgary since I have owned a home. Purchased my first place in 1995, interest rates were triple what they are now and things still seemed better then.

Being a realtor now, I have never seen it this slow.

Talking to other realtors who have been in the business since the 80’s they say this is the worst it has ever been.

Discussions I have had with friends that are still in O&G say they expect things to get worse before they get better.

These are people at Executive levels.
    Last edited by 89coupe; 12-03-2019 at 01:31 PM.

Page 98 of 102 FirstFirst ... 88 97 98 99 ... LastLast