Quantcast
TEXAS Sunday Biker Gang Shooting Leaves Nine Dead, 16 Injured - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TEXAS Sunday Biker Gang Shooting Leaves Nine Dead, 16 Injured

Default TEXAS Sunday Biker Gang Shooting Leaves Nine Dead, 16 Injured

WACO: (May 17, 2015) Three rival motorcycle gangs turned a local restaurant into a shooting gallery Sunday afternoon and when the gunfire was over, nine people were dead and 17 were injured..

Waco police Sunday afternoon, assisted by Department of Public Safety troopers, police officers from several cities and deputies from the McLennan County Sheriff's Office were surrounding the Twin Peaks Restaurant, in the Central Texas Market Place after several people were reported shot during a rival motorcycle gang fight, Waco police Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton said.

Police and troopers were in the parking lot trying to secure the area and protect citizens when a fight broke out inside the restaurant and spilled into the parking lot.

Swanton said the fight quickly escalated from fists and feet to chains, clubs and knives, then to gunfire.

Gang members were shooting at each other and officers at the scene fired their weapons, as well, Swanton said.

Other patrons in Twin Peaks and some employees locked themselves in a freezer to escape the fight.

The scene at the Market Place between Don Carlos and Twin Peaks was absolute chaos, Swanton said.

"It is one of the most violent scene I've seen in my 34 years as a police officer in Waco," Swanton said.

Swanton said officers recovered more than 100 weapons from the scene and there were several vehicles that had bullet holes in them.

Swanton said no officers and no civilians were injured.

Swanton said police are prepared to deal with any additional bike gang members who choose to come to Waco.

The 18 victims were taken by ambulance to Baylor Scott and White Hillcrest Medical Center, which later was placed on lock down, but officials at Hillcrest said they had no comment.

Later reports indicated one of those taken to Hillcrest died there.

He also said police have been trying to work with management at Twin Peaks for several weeks but have been thwarted in their efforts to avoid a situation like happened Sunday afternoon.

A witness who was having lunch across the parking lot at Don Carlos Mexican Restaurant said he and his family had just finished eating and walked into the parking lot when they heard several gunshots and saw wounded being taken from the fight scene.

"We crouched down in front of our pick-up truck because that was the only cover we had," the man, who asked not to be identified, said.

He and his family were traveling to Salina, Kansas and decided to stop for lunch.

He said he saw several wounded men being treated.

He also said there were several police officers at the scene and ambulances were responding to the scene to aid those hit by gunfire.

At about 2 p.m. a second scene was being investigated at the Waco Convention Center but only very few details were known about the situation there.

One law enforcement spokesman said there were several armed officers and EMS units on the scene and Washington Avenue and University Parks Drive in that area had been closed.

A News 10 photographer who was at the convention center said he witnessed several men being arrested there.

Officers also were en route to the Flying J Truck Stop, at New Road and Interstate 35 because a large number of bikers had been seen gathering there.

Swanton said the scene at Twin Peaks is "as secure as it can be right now," Swanton said, but police are concerned that groups who were involved in the first incident may be moving to other locations in and around Waco where more violence could erupt.

Swanton said citizens should avoid the area until an all clear can be issued.

The Interstate 35 exit onto Loop 340 southbound is closed, as is the access road that runs alongside the Interstate.

"We have multiple medical and law enforcement resources in the area who are dealing with the issue," Swanton said.

Ambulances from West, Limestone and Coryell counties were at the scene to assist local EMS units.

Trouble at Twin Peaks among rival bikers had been brewing for some time, District Attorney Abel Reyna told News 10 about two weeks ago.

Reyna said local police were on heightened alert in anticipation of trouble on Thursday nights, when Twin Peaks hosts a Biker Night.

Reyna said some weeks ago trouble erupted between two local motorcycle gangs and that spilled over into gangs from the Dallas-Fort Worth area showing up to support the local groups.

no big loss

My Ride
    My Bike

Default Re: TEXAS Sunday Biker Gang Shooting Leaves Nine Dead, 16 Injured

Originally posted by rob the knob
    nine people were dead and 17 were injured..
    What do you call 9 dead and 17 injured bike gang members?

A good start!

Or was that lawyers?
    Last edited by sheik_yerbouti; 05-17-2015 at 07:43 PM.

Nice to see it wasn't a terrorist attack or a trigger happy cop, for a change.

My Ride
    Z

Designate an area of desert and let them have at er! It would make for good TV!
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

Who killed Laura Palmer?
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

My Ride
    1290SDR, 701SM

So three gangs who used motorcycles as their transportation.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by snowcat
    So three gangs who used motorcycles as their transportation.
    No, three motorcycle gangs. Bikers.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

I've been following this closely since it hit the news.. It plays out like a scene in a crazy action flick. Over 170 bikers arrested and by the sounds of it they will charge em all with different charges like capital murder.

They couldn't even hold all they arrested in jail so they booked em in a convention center and held them there. Should be interesting to see what sort of biker war erupts from this...

I mean the civil debates between legitimate motorcycle clubs... /sarcasm

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

White people got killed by police (word is 4) and nobody is rioting in the streets?
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Saab 9-5

Originally posted by 16hypen3sp
    White people got killed by police (word is 4) and nobody is rioting in the streets?
    Because white trash,but call it black trash and then watch out.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/34/The_Smoking_Man_(X-Files).jpg

Apparently the franchise released a video showing the first shot that was fired was from outside of the restaraunt not inside like the police have been saying. Sort of alluding to the police getting a bit trigger happy and covering it up with lies.

Should be interesting to see what comes of this mess.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Brilliant, just less human garbage occupying the jails, then the others can rot away in jail which is exactly where they belong.

I hate being a motorcyclist myself, and being partially labeled as even the least bit associated with such garbage people.

Good riddance, Im glad to see stuff like this happen, I just wish to god the rest of these gangs would die in a very similar manner.
    What a blight among society.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

^ you mean motorcycle clubs in general or organized crime on two wheels?

Myself/brothers/friends are in our own club and I hope you don't think we are scum.

We are contributing members of society!
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

Any videos of this crazy shit going down?
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

Originally posted by 16hypen3sp
    Do you have any theories as to why that would be?

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Originally posted by Robin Goodfellow

Haha. It's the damn media!
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

Originally posted by JAYMEZ
    Liveleak had a few but they were pretty tame and boring. The store owner only released the 8 surveillance videos to a media outlet to counter the lies being told by the police... They aren't yet public and the media isn't sharing them they are only reporting on them.. At least from the links I've seen.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by JAYMEZ
    I don't think anything can be released until all 100+ investigations are closed.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by Robin Goodfellow
    Because white lives don't matter?
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast