Quantcast
FS: 1952 GMC 3/4 ton, runs and drives great, VERY easy to hotrod. $2500 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: FS: 1952 GMC 3/4 ton, runs and drives great, VERY easy to hotrod. $2500

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Arrow FS: 1952 GMC 3/4 ton, runs and drives great, VERY easy to hotrod. $2500

Vehicle Details
    Year : 1952
    Make and Model : GMC 3/4 ton / "2500"
    Exterior Color : Blue Patina
    Interior Color : Needs to be redone
    Auto or Manual? : Forgot to look
    Odometer Reading : Dont know
    Location of Vehicle : Irving Alberta (10mins east of Medicine Hat) right off of the trans canada.
    Description : I visited a huge yard full of old cars & trucks, when I spotted this. Unfortunately kids smashed the glass, but its very easy to replace as its just straight glass. (will cost you $400 to replace it all). I also have access to a barage of spare parts if need be (seriously whatever the hell you want, I can get for this thing, I know of two dozen of these near my farm). This thing runs and drives quite well, even the stock radio still works on it, needs very very little to have as your own 'Rod. It has the 235 CI straight 6, along with the 3 speed manual I believe it is. The 235 (in stock form) is FAR from a speed demon by todays standards, but there are a TON of aftermarket parts for it, and can be made to work quite well on todays roads. Or if you want, a SBC or BBC engine swap and corresponding tranny can make this thing go like a raped ape on PCB.

Im listing this for somebody, this is NOT my truck. Unfortunately I had very limited time to check this out as well as the other dozen or so trucks he had. So Im posting this on his behalf.
    Extras : None, I have a mint hood for it complete if needed, as well as any other part one would ever need for it. The parts I can supply are extra, since their coming from me.
    Asking Price : $2500 firm, absolutely no less. This truck will fetch $7k USD as is on ebay all day long, so $2500 for this is a wicked deal. Id buy this myself, but I have way too much stuff on the go with my 10 vehicles. Seriously, Id hate to see this go (I REALLY want this for myself) but I cant take on any more myself, frankly this is getting quite stupid having 10 vehicles for a single guy

Contact Information
    E-Mail : Contact me, I'll provide his number
    Phone : See above.

Pictures :
    ^Unfortunately the front windshield was smashed since I snapped this pic last fall. Thanks to some stupid kids that need hobbies. Not overly surprising though if you've ever visited this shit town as there is absolutely nothing to do there.

There is also this second one that he has. It needs a hood, but I have a MINT one for it, complete. This one is a half ton though, he only wants $1k for this one. I dont know what it needs, but presumably a different modern day engine & tranny combo.
    I think this one is a '48

So PM me if you want to know more about either, but please specify which one you're after, and I'll tell you as much as I know about each.
    Last edited by Graham_A_M; 05-21-2015 at 07:19 PM.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Um, so can I get a bump for $500 there Alex? this truck is crazy solid, almost like a barn find thats been sitting in great shape for half a century.

Ive had a handful of Pm's about it, but alas it hasn't moved yet, so time to spark some more interest.
    and if you guys are worried about the dents on the body work? Tomco can have them out in no time at all, the body damage is minimal. Lol i just can only wish my '38 Chevy was as solid as this, these are amazing finds that never ever show up. I watch what old car and trucks go for consistently? and this is about as rare as they come. There is no costly price tags to fix rust on this at all, just paint and go after the dents are pulled really. Even then, their minimal. All in all, body would be good to go for under $1k easily. For under $10k, youd have a bitchin' rod.
    Last edited by Graham_A_M; 07-09-2015 at 12:27 AM.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

Originally posted by Graham_A_M
    Um, so can I get a bump for $500 there Alex? this truck is crazy solid, almost like a barn find thats been sitting in great shape for half a century.

Ive had a handful of Pm's about it, but alas it hasn't moved yet, so time to spark some more interest.
    and if you guys are worried about the dents on the body work? Tomco can have them out in no time at all, the body damage is minimal. Lol i just can only wish my '38 Chevy was as solid as this, these are amazing finds that never ever show up. I watch what old car and trucks go for consistently? and this is about as rare as they come. There is no costly price tags to fix rust on this at all, just paint and go after the dents are pulled really. Even then, their minimal. All in all, body would be good to go for under $1k easily. For under $10k, youd have a bitchin' rod.
    Are you saying the price has been lowered to $500?

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

I think he's making a bad jeopardy joke ^

When you say this thing runs - would you trust it for a road trip back to Calgary?

My Ride
    1917 Model T, VW Baja, '18 Ram 2500 CTD/6spd

Originally posted by eglove
    When you say this thing runs - would you trust it for a road trip back to Calgary?
    He said something about a smashed windshield, plus a '52 3/4 ton with a 235 and 3 speed, even if it was mint, would be geared to be happiest at a highway speed of 80km/h (50mph) or less. I've driven some sketchy shit home, but would trailer that one for sure. That said, it's a nice truck and deserves a good home. If I wasn't trying for a certain '55 Chevy 2 door money pit this fall, I'd be all over this.

Edit: Also, if it's the stock '52 235 and hasn't been replaced, it should be a splash oiler and not a pressure oiler, and won't like sustained high rpm highway driving.
    Last edited by carson blocks; 07-09-2015 at 07:53 PM.

My Ride
    1917 Model T, VW Baja, '18 Ram 2500 CTD/6spd

Taking another look at it, the 1/2 ton is a '54 (or less likely a very early '55 "first series" holdover), not a '47. You can tell by the one piece windshield and different grille.