Quantcast
Stolen Cars By Family. - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Stolen Cars By Family.

My Ride
    Ford F150

You reported two stolen cars to the RCMP and they didn't even call you back? Ouch.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

You ask to press charges against Gramps? That at least should get you somewhere...

My Ride
    Volvo

You're just going to let it go? wow. I wouldn't. You're not going to fight for what's yours? Not to mention, letting the mech and your Grandpa get away with such blantant thievery....

My Ride
    G37, Gsxr600

Originally posted by CompletelyNumb
    You reported two stolen cars to the RCMP and they didn't even call you back? Ouch.
    Reported 2 stolen cars to 2 different stations too. I've left messages to see whats happening, but so far no response. It's more emotionally draining then anything.

It's been only 4 days.. But, I haven't even got a call back saying they are looking at it. Probably to busy beating black people up.

Weather is nice though... I might cruise up to leduc though..
    Last edited by OneGreasyHobo; 05-25-2015 at 02:16 PM.

My Ride
    4x4

Well, really the RCMP are going to kick it back to you as a "civil matter" - basically he said she said - let the courts sort it out. All grandpa had to say was "he sold it to me years ago, it was mine to sell" or something of the sort and the police will wash their hands of it.

You probably need to look at a consult with a lawyer and start working on court proceedings.

My Ride
    G37, Gsxr600

Originally posted by AndyL
    Well, really the RCMP are going to kick it back to you as a "civil matter" - basically he said she said - let the courts sort it out. All grandpa had to say was "he sold it to me years ago, it was mine to sell" or something of the sort and the police will wash their hands of it.

You probably need to look at a consult with a lawyer and start working on court proceedings.
    Yeah, I don't have my hopes up for anything. I've already written those cars off.. If it goes civil, i'm not wasting my time/ money on lawyers to sue a man that's about to die anyway. Hope I'm invited to his funeral.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-24-2020 at 09:04 PM.

My Ride
    G37, Gsxr600

Originally posted by 01RedDX
    Forget the cars for a second and think about the family situation that has deteriorated to the point where family members are pressing charges. Really? You guys should probably take care of that first. Like you said, Grampa ain't gonna be around for that much longer.
    Yeah.. The Family situation deteriorated about 10 years ago... Not much of a family. Just a side of the family that never evolved from picking potatoes and stealing.

Either way, I'll leave it up to my father if he wants to sue... I'm strongly encouraging him too. Why should he get fucked in the end?
    Last edited by OneGreasyHobo; 05-25-2015 at 02:59 PM.

I don't get why it's so hard to get the police to do anything. I wouldn't leave the police station until I had answers from them. Speak to a supervisor and move up the chain until you know they've done anything....

My Ride
    G37, Gsxr600

Originally posted by gwill
    I don't get why it's so hard to get the police to do anything. I wouldn't leave the police station until I had answers from them. Speak to a supervisor and move up the chain until you know they've done anything....
    I'm not sure either... But me and my dad are just getting the run around, and its getting old.

probably does not help that I'm in Calgary, gramps is in Edmonton, and the RCMP station is in two hills and the farm is like a 3 hour drive from two hills.

Oh.. and the mechanic is in leduc.

and the cars ??? probably in states by now.
    Last edited by OneGreasyHobo; 05-25-2015 at 04:46 PM.

My Ride
    W204

Subscribed.

Crazy story. I agree with OP to just let it go. You could be spending more than the value of the cars to go after gramps not to mention how emotionally draining something like that can be; life's too short for that. RCMP inaction? How surprising.

So then did you at least at get the $1,000 proceeds?
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    2014 Fit Sport

Is the uncle in question your father's brother, or his brother-in-law? I can't imagine my father-in-law taking a car that was parked at my brother's place. Very strange indeed.

I don't know how your grandfather came to believe he was entitled to the cars, but is it at all possible that he was manipulated or misled by the mechanic? It sounds like the selling price was $500 total, so unless both cars were basket cases then the mechanic is the one who gained the most from the deal, especially since it seems that your grandfather took care of retrieving and transporting them.

My Ride
    G37, Gsxr600

Originally posted by gogreen
    Is the uncle in question your father's brother, or his brother-in-law? I can't imagine my father-in-law taking a car that was parked at my brother's place. Very strange indeed.

I don't know how your grandfather came to believe he was entitled to the cars, but is it at all possible that he was manipulated or misled by the mechanic? It sounds like the selling price was $500 total, so unless both cars were basket cases then the mechanic is the one who gained the most from the deal, especially since it seems that your grandfather took care of retrieving and transporting them.
    This is what I REALLY REALLY want to believe. I'm hoping the mechanic took advantage of the old man and the old man is to ignorant to believe he was taken advantage of. I think my grandfather (in his mind) was hoping to do be a favor by getting rid of two "Junk" cars.

I'm trying to think of it in a positive light but.. Its hard.

Now for the uncle question, I'm not sure how the hell he is related to me.. I'd have to ask my dad. I know for a fact that he hasn't spoken to my grandfather in 20+ Years.. For similar reasons as us.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4