Quantcast
Recommended Subaru dealership - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommended Subaru dealership

Default Recommended Subaru dealership

Thinking of getting the 2015 wrx, but I did some searching on beyond and read a bunch of horrible reviews on both subaru calgary and centaur. Also went to SC in person and got treated like shit, stood there for 15minutes without even someone acknowledging me.

Is it even worth all of this for wrx or should I just move onto the next?

My Ride
    bus

I like the brand but both calgary dealerships sucks. A lot of people buy from red deer and service them at vex

rally Subaru in Edmonton seemed really good too.

My Ride
    Beyond Fit Golf R and Berta RAM 1500

Personally I really like what the 2015 wrx has going for it. I considered one as a daily a few months ago. They look sharp and are priced decently with a newly designed engine and a twin scroll turbo. If you want one I would check out red deer dealership.

My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport

I bought mine from red deer for this same reason.

ya it all looks promising for a pretty decent price. but i want to test drive one before i commit to it which is why i stopped by subaru calgary. went twice and got completely crap service...

@4doorj care to elaborate on your experience there? And how are you finding the wrx so far? Which trim? Tia.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

I'm in the market for one too. Waiting on a 16MY for better screen and all issues hopefully fixed.

Luckily my dealership had a 15 STI traded in so I got to take it for a few days to test drive. But I haven't test drove the WRX yet so hopefully it'll be somewhat same feeling.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    NC1

Go in firm and ready to buy. Never leave a deposit and if you do get it in writing.

Service you can get it done at an independent shop.

That's my advice for Subaru.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    '16 WRX, '23 CX-50

Anyone know if they're still asking for MSRP for these?

My Ride
    NC1

In the past had no issues getting cost +$1000 on them.

That has changed???
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride

Originally posted by move
    @4doorj care to elaborate on your experience there? And how are you finding the wrx so far? Which trim? Tia.
    Well lets just say when I went to calgary subaru I was ignored just like you.
    I had to wait for a while to talk to someone at centaur, and when I finally talked to someone he didn't take me serious. It was very frustrating, I was trying to buy a car from him.

So talked to Mike at scotts subaru, wayyyy better service then the calgary locations. Was worth driving up and giving them my business over the calgary locations. Although having a hard time finding some where to get service done.

I got the wrx sti sport. When I got it there was alot of hype, and " if you don't get it, someone else in line will"

The one I got was one that someone failed to get financing on which was the exact model I wanted.

But yah with STI it seems like its super hard to get a discount. I got zero, but free all season mats hahah

Let me know if you want my salesman info.
    Last edited by 4doorj; 05-22-2015 at 09:30 PM.

Originally posted by 4doorj

Well lets just say when I went to calgary subaru I was ignored just like you.
    I had to wait for a while to talk to someone at centaur, and when I finally talked to someone he didn't take me serious. It was very frustrating, I was trying to buy a car from him.

So talked to Mike at scotts subaru, wayyyy better service then the calgary locations. Was worth driving up and giving them my business over the calgary locations. Although having a hard time finding some where to get service done.

I got the wrx sti sport. When I got it there was alot of hype, and " if you don't get it, someone else in line will"

The one I got was one that someone failed to get financing on which was the exact model I wanted.

But yah with STI it seems like its super hard to get a discount. I got zero, but free all season mats hahah

Let me know if you want my salesman info.
    Well tbh im still stuck between sport and sport tech. Dunno if its worth a bit extra for the keyless entry, harmon stereo and leather seats.

Also my first "big boy" whip so having commitment issues as ill need to finance it. So i was hoping a test drive could seal the deal for me.

My Ride

Originally posted by move

Well tbh im still stuck between sport and sport tech. Dunno if its worth a bit extra for the keyless entry, harmon stereo and leather seats.

Also my first "big boy" whip so having commitment issues as ill need to finance it. So i was hoping a test drive could seal the deal for me.
    I actually prefer the half leather in the sport. But soo jealous of the keyless entry. I hate my stereo but heard people hate the Harmon stereo too. They say better off buying a aftermarket deck instead.

You can buy brand new $40k+ cars that do not come with keyless entry? Or are you guys talking about key proximity unlocking? Like BMW comfort access for example.

My Ride

Originally posted by beyond_ban
    You can buy brand new $40k+ cars that do not come with keyless entry? Or are you guys talking about key proximity unlocking? Like BMW comfort access for example.
    Proximity key/ smart key

Originally posted by 4doorj

I actually prefer the half leather in the sport. But soo jealous of the keyless entry. I hate my stereo but heard people hate the Harmon stereo too. They say better off buying a aftermarket deck instead.
    Ya i was planning on doing an aftermarket deck anyways. But speakers, keyless and leather is kind of whats making me want the sport tech

My Ride
    2010 S4

Do what I did get a used CPO S4 instead. You won't regret it.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Originally posted by dubhead
    Do what I did get a used CPO S4 instead. You won't regret it.
    Great post! Totally relevent to the thread!
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    19 GLI

I got mine from Tony at Centaur which was a great experience and he is not full of shit like most guys there. I got a small $500 discount as they don't really need to discount them as they can't keep them in stock. Its supply and demand which also keeps up the great resale value.

people always think a big discount is great but a lot of times that effects the end value when you are done your lease or finance contract if they are willing to do that for a particular model or brand.

I got the premium or whatever its called and love it so far.
    Just got the Cobb tune and used Brentuning out of the US for a remote tune and its such a beast now compared to stock.

Also the 15 feels so much better build quality wise compared to my 09 STI I had. Interior is still kinda bland but doesn't feel like being in a rattle trap like my last Subaru.
    Last edited by calgary350z; 05-23-2015 at 12:25 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast