Quantcast
Recommended Subaru dealership - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Recommended Subaru dealership

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by GingeRRRBeef
    Save your money and get a Coupe 6-6 instead. They are the last real American muscle car.
    You're a salty one trick pony aren't you? Beat my brother's MK7 GTI this weekend as well. Taking all fades

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by redblack

That's pretty good, Subaru of Calgary usually only gives 1 or 2 free accessories and sells at msrp
    These cars have well over $3,000 in markup. If you're paying full price you're not negotiating well.

My Ride
    TDi

For 2017s.. think I will have a chance with any sort of discount on a 2018? - question for anyone that ordered one

Spoke with someone from Scott Subaru and the rates will be starting at 1.99% for two years and up from there until 3.99%.
    GO FLAMES GO!

Default Re: Subaru WRX

Originally posted by move
    Thinking of getting the 2015 wrx, but I did some searching on beyond and read a bunch of horrible reviews on both subaru calgary and centaur. Also went to SC in person and got treated like shit, stood there for 15minutes without even someone acknowledging me.

Is it even worth all of this for wrx or should I just move onto the next?
    Are you firm on WRX? I have a 2015 STI, we might be able to do business together. If interested we can go over the details.
    Last edited by Konj; 05-16-2017 at 08:57 AM.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

PSweet engine in that 6-6 and it's a great fwd coupe to boot

However I'm certain that he A3 2.0 Quattro with dsg and launch control, which both specs and on a few videos show is slightly quicker than a WRX, should be quicker than your accord here at 3500 feet

Maybe the GTI wasn't a dsg and had traction issues??? Tires play a huge role as well regardless

But I'd say that seeing a STI walk my friends 370, tells me that turbos at this elevation makes all the difference

I'd bet even a 228i should be quicker than the 6-6 here

Anyways I digress and have to say that I think the new Ford Fusion sport is going to be he value winner in the midsize car category for speed for the monies

In fact the 6-6 should take on one to see how it fairs in this elevation considering price point is similar

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by r3ccOs
    PSweet engine in that 6-6 and it's a great fwd coupe to boot

However I'm certain that he A3 2.0 Quattro with dsg and launch control, which both specs and on a few videos show is slightly quicker than a WRX, should be quicker than your accord here at 3500 feet

Maybe the GTI wasn't a dsg and had traction issues??? Tires play a huge role as well regardless

But I'd say that seeing a STI walk my friends 370, tells me that turbos at this elevation makes all the difference

I'd bet even a 228i should be quicker than the 6-6 here

Anyways I digress and have to say that I think the new Ford Fusion sport is going to be he value winner in the midsize car category for speed for the monies

In fact the 6-6 should take on one to see how it fairs in this elevation considering price point is similar
    My brother's MK7 GTI is a DSG and it certainty put up a better fight from a roll than that 2014 STi did vs the 6-6. I think he has pirelli's on it. Much better than my fuel saver crap tires. The nose of his GTI was right at my front wheel the entire pull. If I didn't shift perfectly, he would've won for sure. Those things are pretty quick. Once he does an APR flash and some other bolt on's I'm done The 6-6 is a great engine and transmission in a ho hum chassis. But I do love rolling on local stock turbo guys for fun when I can. He also beat a 350Z badly in his GTI. But that was from a light and if you can't shift, you're gonna get smoked by a DSG with a comparable car.

Wow! 325 hp in a Fusion these days. That's pretty wild. I can't wait to run one.
    Last edited by Hallowed_point; 05-16-2017 at 02:07 PM.

My Ride

Originally posted by r3ccOs

It's a heavy boat that's no faster than a Passat or Accord V6, from a roll of course.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by Aleks
    It's a heavy boat that's no faster than a Passat or Accord V6, from a roll of course.
    http://jalopnik.com/the-325-horsepow...-au-1785980191 It's knocking on 4000 lbs. And the fuel economy also reflects that. 17/26/20 is pretty rough for a midsize car. Considering a 2017 Corvette gets 17/29 with a 455 hp V8. Still this thing is gonna be one heck of a sleeper in it's category.
    Last edited by Hallowed_point; 05-16-2017 at 03:11 PM.

My Ride

Originally posted by Hallowed_point
    http://jalopnik.com/the-325-horsepow...-au-1785980191 It's knocking on 4000 lbs. And the fuel economy also reflects that. 17/26/20 is pretty rough for a midsize car. Still this thing is gonna be one heck of a sleeper in it's category.
    http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...-tested-review

4127 lbs

100mph trap. It's 500+lbs more than its competitors.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by Aleks

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...-tested-review

4127 lbs

100mph trap. It's 500+lbs more than its competitors.
    That's pretty damn good considering the weight. What a pig though. I'll also bet that ford is stretching the fuel economy a bit as well. It's probably even worse.

I don't disagree, it's heavy and likely due to the power uses the same truck 6r80 trans

But for the price, features and that this should be quite quick at our elevation... it's not an s4 killer but at the price it is an awesome value

It's performance at @ 13.7 1/4 is faster than I think all NA cars in its class

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Had my first fill up on my WRX today, 8.9L/100km hand calculated, all city.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Also just noticed the lease residuals went up again for May, second month in a row!

My Ride
    TDi

Bit the bullet and ordered/deposited on a 2018 WRX sport tech. Unfortunately it's auto as my wife can't drive manual. Will still be a fun car to drive around and pick up groceries ✌️

Went with Scott Subaru as the sales guy was quick with replies and answered all my questions in full detail.

PM me if you want his name. By far the best salesman I've dealt with for a vehicle
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    bus

Were you about to negotiate anything off? I'm thinking about a '18 wrx base

My Ride
    TDi

Nothing off MSRP, but was able to get accessories thrown in and a d/c on undercoating

PM me for more details. Don't want to list it here before I get my car (three weeks)
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

I knew you'd be here James! Haha, what is "lease residuals" - Sorry noob question!

403ep3, congrats on the new WRX man! You'll love it I bet!!!

IMG_1357 by Spencer, on Flickr

just watched the carsrally rocky mountain rally this weekend.

talked to alot of folks regarding chasis's and regulations... and boy were there some awesome specimens

I did tell them about the 6-6 and how they could dominate the WRC if only someone would enter one into the open class.

that said, and having driven a number of recent subies, and asides from pretty much having a disposable engine and a vintage 90s interior... boy are they good driving chassis. I mean almost all of them from the Forrester, Legacy, Impreza and Crosstrek... very capable, balanced, and amazing traction.

These things are very predictable and inspire confidence.

I know there are tons of other drivers cars, but I'd say the entire Subaru family, thanks in part to shared components and an incredibly slow pragmatic evolution, all drive "well".

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Most cars these days outside of the odd Korean or Toyota made vehicle all drive very well. I would say Mazda probably makes the best drivers cars of the Japanese and domestic if you are looking at their entire lineup.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Took my WRX to autoslalom today. It proved to be competitive in D Street with minor mods (GD BBS, 245/40/17 Zestino Gredge 07R, mufflers removed). Pretty happy with how it handled with a little trail braking in the fast areas.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast