Quantcast
Someone up there was looking out for us today... - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Someone up there was looking out for us today...

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Alive and able to recover - thats good news!!

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Holy crap! I'm glad all your family made it out of there.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Glad everyone made it! I saw a story on Global news this morning as I was getting ready for work, it was on in the background. Was that you guys? I just saw this thread, and remembered the news story.

My Ride
    2011 5.0 FX4

Wow that is incredible that no one was seriously hurt. I hope you and your family have a speedy recovery.

My Ride
    Lexus/Toyota

Wow those pictures leave me speechless, what a nightmare. Glad that the injuries you sustained were minor compared to the severity of the accident. And even happier to see that there are good samaritans in the world willing to help out people in need. Best wishes to you and your family and wishing you a speedy recovery.

My Ride
    '03 S2000

Scarey stuff ... thankfully you all survived that incident!

Something I have noticed when towing and when sway begins (usually caused by inadequate tongue weight in my case sometimes combined with higher speeds), is that if you back off the throttle the sway gets worse (kind of like going downhill).

Alternatively, if you squeeze the throttle, the sway will reduce ... Then when stable, you can slowly back off and reduce speed.

R
    "I don't look for something; I find something" - Picasso

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Dave I don't know if you've been contacted yet or not but it looks like the guy that stopped to help has come forward. On the Global News piece this morning they were chatting with him on the phone.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

Originally posted by reijo
    Scarey stuff ... thankfully you all survived that incident!

Something I have noticed when towing and when sway begins (usually caused by inadequate tongue weight in my case sometimes combined with higher speeds), is that if you back off the throttle the sway gets worse (kind of like going downhill).

Alternatively, if you squeeze the throttle, the sway will reduce ... Then when stable, you can slowly back off and reduce speed.

R
    Also, the video posted earlier said to use the manual lever on the trailer brake, I had no idea what that was for until then. I had a bit of sway when I came in to Calgary on the long weekend and it freaked me out, even in my truck, so much so that I'm probably going to remove the 2" lift from the truck.

Nice to hear that they are getting hold of the guys that helped, hopefully you and your family have a chance to talk to them.

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

So glad you and the family made it out. Like others have mentioned, never met you in person, but your posts have always reflected a great image of who you are. Hope you're able to coordinate the support you need, I know the Beyond community will help where we can.

This thread will make me always take a little more caution when towing a trailer. Some good, other than you and the family surviving, is that it has no doubt influenced many others to take additional care on the roads.

Get well, bro.
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

Originally posted by Masked Bandit
    Dave I don't know if you've been contacted yet or not but it looks like the guy that stopped to help has come forward. On the Global News piece this morning they were chatting with him on the phone.
    I just found out now. Sitting in the hospital waiting to do some follow up Xrays. But without my cel phone, I'm way behind everyone else. Have a borrowed tablet with me, and can get on wherever there's wifi.
    Originally posted by jaeden

Dave I sent you an email about this.
    I did get your email. Thank you very much for the info as I had no idea who to contact. Had a real bad night last night, I'm sure due to the stress of everything.
    Last edited by C_Dave45; 05-26-2015 at 08:55 AM.

Dave, just read this post. Unbelievable!

Glad everyone is alright for the most part. Let me know if you need anything.

What sucks is the news coverage and society will forget shortly and these events will effect you guys for a long time after. I'm sure you all will go through the different stages at different times. Just need to support it and try to see it for what it is and not take it personal.

Saw a camper like this on the old Golden road when I was a kid. I don't think everyone was as fortunate. Still remember what I saw to this day.

My Ride
    14' 435i

Holy Crap dave!! I know from personal experience how awesome a guy you are!! If you need anything bud, let me know, im there! Ive got the truck if you need it or if you need help with groceries or anything!

Rest up and speedy recovery to you and your family.

Wow - don't post much here but have known about you since the hit and run photos from years ago.

Very glad this is a good news story, that you and your loved ones are safe. Being able to walk/crawl away from that wreck is amazing.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Seen this yesterday on the news. Didn't know it was so close to home.. Glad everyone is ok.

Awesome that the good samaritan was found as well!
    Curse you imageshack..

Glad to hear everyone is ok!

Dave I am curious: Did your dog run away and then come back after a bit? You mentioned it took off into a field? Just curious how a dog reacts in a situation like this.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Saw this in the paper this morning. Again, glad you're okay Dave!!

edit: pic didn't upload

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

pic should be attached now
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    Ford F150

Hope you didn't mind me talking to global and pitching the story, Dave. I just thought it was the easiest way to find out who helped you and thank them. Wasn't trying to invade your privacy.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

Originally posted by lasimmon
    Glad to hear everyone is ok!

Dave I am curious: Did your dog run away and then come back after a bit? You mentioned it took off into a field? Just curious how a dog reacts in a situation like this.
    She was high-tailing it into the farm field away from the crash. As I crawled out the sunroof, I yelled her name. She stopped...looked back,but then started trotting away again. Curtis had been pulled out by then, so I told him to go after her. She turned around as soon as she heard his voice. Once my wife had been stabilized, Shadow laid down right beside her among all the people helping her.

Originally posted by CompletelyNumb
    Hope you didn't mind me talking to global and pitching the story, Dave. I just thought it was the easiest way to find out who helped you and thank them. Wasn't trying to invade your privacy.
    I don't mind at all. I am still overwhelmed by the magnatude of it all, and at the time didn't even think it was that big a deal, and I would probably never have told it to media. Other than my "beyond" family of course.

I had a real bad night last night with a bout of depression and guilt. I learned that because of my own stupidity, I never did put insurance on our trailer. Bill (Touchstone) and I had discussed it, he needed some info from me, and I completely forgot, and never got it back to him. Being a vehicle that sits in the driveway, it quickly goes to the back of my mind. Our possessions are covered through Home insurance, but the trailer is not.
    My son has basically forced me to take advantage of and set up a gofundme project, which I feel really akward about...REALLY akward. When people offer things I have a tendency to say "no, I'm good, really". So many have stepped forward with things like bringing meals, helping with dishes etc. And one beyond member brought me an 18 yr old Scotch!! (Thanks again, Wes! )

We are going to talk to someone with our son..he's having a tough time of everything.

Thank you to all of our "beyond" family.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast