Quantcast
UPS Left $1000 item on my doorstep... - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: UPS Left $1000 item on my doorstep...

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by nzwasp
    FedEx left my friends window blinds order with a neighbor worth 5k. Friend got home rung FedEx asking where it was, went to neighbor who denied ever receiving anything. That weekend their neighbor installed all the blinds. FedEx had to pay for another blinds order.
    That's called 'theft'.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Fedex left a very expensive package on my doorstep and just fucked off even though it was supposed to require a signature.

When I called them up to find out what the fuck was going on they said that its up the the drivers discretion to either leave it on the doorstep, leave it with a neighbor or actually take it back to their distribution location and have you pick it up.

Total BS.
    Last edited by schurchill39; 05-29-2015 at 11:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    W204

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    OP, I had a similar situation with UPS. It said on the tracking system it had been delivered, but it had not... took another 2 days for some reason
    Padding their stats?
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Has 2 windows. Orders 1. Gets neighbor to "steal" blinds.

Profit.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    21 CX5 GT Turbo

Fucking Fedex left the engagement ring I ordered from Bluenile on my doorstep even though it is a signature required >.> Fucking pissed me off and made me nervous for the rest of the day at work.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-13-2019 at 10:59 PM.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Originally posted by BigDL
    Fucking Fedex left the engagement ring I ordered from Bluenile on my doorstep even though it is a signature required >.> Fucking pissed me off and made me nervous for the rest of the day at work.
    Yep, this was my exact situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

Originally posted by BigDL
    I'd have left work immediately to go get it if a courier left an engagement ring on my doorstep!

I ship everything to my office. That way I never miss a single delivery, and nothing gets left where it shouldn't be.

You guys ordering super expensive stuff should just have it delivered to your workplace. Even if it's not allowed, I'm sure they could make an exception one day if it was something as important as a wedding ring. Or ship it to a friend's office, parents house, etc. - anywhere but to your empty home.

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

I ship everything to my office. That way I never miss a single delivery, and nothing gets left where it shouldn't be.
    Been doing this forever with no issues. Originally started because I lived at a po box, just carried on using the workplace since. Who complains about someone receiving a package at work?
    Last edited by tomt64; 05-29-2015 at 12:09 PM.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by clem24

Padding their stats?
    More likely a delivery guy who wants to go home early, figures he'll be back in the area tomorrow, so signs it as delivered.

Originally posted by tomt64

Been doing this forever with no issues. Originally started because I lived at a po box, just carried on using the workplace since. Who complains about someone receiving a package at work?
    It gets complicated if your work has an account with the shipping companies or a large shipping and receiving area. Your parcel might end up down there either lost or with the company having been charged for dutie/tax etc...

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by tomt64

I think our mail lady will complain about suddenly receiving a set of coilovers, or a Garrett turbo instead of registered letters.

Originally posted by mazdavirgin

It gets complicated if your work has an account with the shipping companies or a large shipping and receiving area. Your parcel might end up down there either lost or with the company having been charged for dutie/tax etc...
    In 10 years of shipping to workplaces in multi-tower office buildings I have not had a single lost shipment or missed COD fee. It might be a bit more complicated, but it's super easy to manage. Anything is possible, but usually mail room staff are pretty good and they have never lost anything of mine (knock on wood).

It's always easy to find out if your package has COD fees attached. If you aren't 100% sure, you simply call the courier company and ask them. They can tell you the exact COD amount the morning of the delivery, in the unlikely event there are unexpected COD fees. You can always tell if there's fees by the shipping method used. You can also leave a cheque for the COD amount with reception or the shipping dock if you won't be there to pay them yourself. If the company does pay the fees for you, just write them a cheque the next day. That is super rare though, I've never had to do that yet. 99% of things I buy do not have COD fees, and I order a ton of crap haha.

The other thing you can do is go intercept it in the shipping/receiving area of the building yourself. I do this all the time as well, especially if the item is large or if I am super excited to get it haha. When you see that it has been delivered, simply go to the shipping docks before the mail run (usually in the afternoons at most companies). Easy. The shipping dock guy is probably a good person to make friends with anyway haha.

For most things, like Amazon or whatever, there are never any surprises or fees. If I were ordering anything of high value or a wedding ring or something, it takes 2 minutes to set up a safe delivery and line up COD payment if necessary.

I get it if you're ordering car bumpers or something that the office isn't a great place to have that delivered, but for most items, especially expensive ones, I would never consider having them sent to my house where I for sure won't be there to receive it.

You're also wasting company resources. Imagine if everyone in a full office tower did that... They'd have to hire more people to keep up with it. You're just slipping through the cracks because you're probably the only one that does it. Guaranteed if everyone started doing it then management would say something

Originally posted by sabad66
    You're also wasting company resources. Imagine if everyone in a full office tower did that... They'd have to hire more people to keep up with it. You're just slipping through the cracks because you're probably the only one that does it. Guaranteed if everyone started doing it then management would say something

Lots of people at my company do it. Even the receptionists do it haha. Reception doesn't care if they have to sign for 3 or 4 extra packages a day, it probably uses less than 1 minute of their daily time. I also buy them stuff as a thank-you, and would cease immediately if anyone ever said anything to me, but that has never been a problem.

Most of the time though I intercept my packages at the shipping dock because it's so easy, and nobody even knows I had it shipped to the office.

People just don't order that much stuff for it to be a significant issue, at least everywhere I have ever worked.

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

Lots of people at my company do it. Even the receptionists do it haha. Reception doesn't care if they have to sign for 3 or 4 extra packages a day, it probably uses less than 1 minute of their daily time. I also buy them stuff as a thank-you, and would cease immediately if anyone ever said anything to me, but that has never been a problem.

Most of the time though I intercept my packages at the shipping dock because it's so easy, and nobody even knows I had it shipped to the office.

People just don't order that much stuff for it to be a significant issue, at least everywhere I have ever worked.
    3 or 4 is one thing but I'm talking an office like mine where we have 4000+ people in it and all shipping/receiving contracted out to a company. If everyone did it they would probably have an extra 300+ packages a day to handle and deliver. I don't know if they charge by the package or by a flat rate, but either way costs would be higher.

Just mentioning it because there is an impact. If companies are looking to lay people off these days the last thing they want are more costs like this.

My Ride
    1290SDR, 701SM

Ship to your office.

Update.. The package was delivered yesterday.. Confirmed by UPS.. They told me to call Amazon to call them so they can start their "investigation"... Amazon said they can refund me but I rather have the item.. What a hassle..
    Last edited by BensonTT; 05-29-2015 at 04:45 PM.

Last edited by know1edge; 08-16-2018 at 10:05 PM.

Originally posted by BensonTT
    Update.. The package was delivered yesterday.. Confirmed by UPS.. They told me to call Amazon to call them so they can start their "investigation"... Amazon said they can refund me but I rather have the item.. What a hassle..
    So shitty. Tons of videos online of home surveillance catching thieves. People follow UPS trucks around to steal packages delivered. Unreal. I have all my stuff sent to my office! So easy. Surprised to hear about managers complaining, my manager does the same thing, everything delivered to the office.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast