Quantcast
LaFerrari - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: LaFerrari

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Originally posted by firebane

Because Ferrari is a bunch of twats. Rumour is that you can't even buy one of these cars without owning 5 previous Ferraris.

http://www.wired.com/2014/10/herjave...ari-laferrari/

http://www.businessinsider.com/ferra...equests-2013-3

Considering the rarity of the car that isn't a bad thing. Better to reward loyal customers that sell them to just anybody.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Because Ferrari is a bunch of twats. Rumour is that you can't even buy one of these cars without owning 5 previous Ferraris.
    As said, how is that a bad thing? Some schmo can't just walk in with his Powerball winnings and buy it, so what? Why can't they decide who to sell it to?
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

http://www.wired.com/2014/10/herjave...ari-laferrari/

http://www.businessinsider.com/ferra...equests-2013-3
    And rightfully so! it just means these cars will go to ENTHUSIASTS, not to some idiot with too much money who is looking for status.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

As said, how is that a bad thing? Some schmo can't just walk in with his Powerball winnings and buy it, so what? Why can't they decide who to sell it to?
    They are a self entitled company. When Deadmau5 altered his Ferrari they had a massive shit.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

At least they aren't mostly selling to musicians, athletes, and celebrities in general.

They are making sure each and every customer is a proper car enthusiast who is involved in Motorsport and knows how to properly drive one!

Look at some of these esteemed Enzo owners for example

* Paul Allen, Microsoft co-founder[2]
    * Nicolas Cage, American Actor. Owned two Enzos over different period of time, both have since been sold.
    * Eric Clapton, guitarist, took delivery of the first Enzo imported to the UK. Parisian police also stopped Clapton when he was reportedly doing 145 mph on a highway in Paris while driving his Enzo.[2]
    * Joe Cole, Football player for England and FA Premier League club Chelsea F.C.
    * Sergei Fedorov, NHL player. s/n 130689 Now owned by LV Eric, Las Vegas NV.
    * Torsten Frings, Owner of black Enzo, and German International soccer star.
    * Tommy Hilfiger, clothing designer. Hilfiger is believed to have a partial stake in the Ferrari dealer in Montreal, Quebec, and thus, his car is registered in Canada. s/n 133026
    * Nick Mason, Pink Floyd drummer. His example was featured and driven on the UK TV show Top Gear. s/n 137445
    * Pope John Paul II was given the 400th Enzo model by the factory. He sold the car at a Ferrari auction in Maranello, where it was bought by Donald W. Wallace, whose first Enzo is the second Enzo to be involved in a crash.
    * Zahir Rana, Owner of bright yellow Enzo, and ZR Auto in Calgary, AB, Canada.
    * Teemu Selänne, NHL player.
    * Rod Stewart, Rock Star. s/n 136497[2]
    * Frank Warren, Boxing Promoter - Car recently written off in collision with bus
    * Pharrell Williams, music producer (The Neptunes), singer/rapper, frontman of the band N*E*R*D. Co-founder of the music label Star Trak.
    oh wait...

and i had to leave Zahir on there because

tl:dr they sold the cars mostly to just extremely wealthy people who wanted one
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

They are a self entitled company. When Deadmau5 altered his Ferrari they had a massive shit.
    Yeah, that was dumb....

All I'm saying is who cares if they put a criteria on something, it's theirs they can not sell it to someone if they want to.

Hell, we won't work for some people even when they really, really want us to, should we HAVE to if they're willing to pay? That's all I'm saying.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    golfR

From what I've read Ferrari got mad not because he altered the car (lots of modded Ferraris out there). They got mad because he altered their logo. Their logo is their trademark and I think they are legally obligated to protect that trademark or else they lose it.

Same case for the F150 name on their F1 car from a few years ago. Ford got mad at Ferrari not because people will mistake a pick up truck with an F1 car but because it was Ford's trademark and they had to protect it.

There is a hierarchy. To play you need to understand the game.

The 5 Ferrari thing is one of the criteria for the lowest rung.

From there you move up to Corse Clienti and again there are levels. When you race Ferraris you obtain a very special status. You start off with Ferrari Challenge, then move up to XX Clienti, then F1 Clienti.

As you move up you get moved closer and closer to the front of the line. If you look at a list of 1st LaFerrari owners you will see that most of them are Corse Clienti and the earlier cars are going to the XX and F1 crew.

Dealer principals, F1 drivers, celebrities, and big collectors are also thrown into this mix and prioritized. Even as Corse Clienti you never know if you are going to get a LaFerrari for sure. But your chances are very good.
    Last edited by 483hp; 06-11-2015 at 05:37 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2