Quantcast
Bow trail motorbike collision. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Bow trail motorbike collision.

My Ride
    93 integra

Default Bow trail motorbike collision.

Can't believe this is happening. Feel sick to my stomach.

Please all beyond riders be careful on those roads...Today I go say goodbye to a co-worker and good friend. No one needs to lose friends or loved ones to accidents that could have been avoided.

Slow down on the roads and watch for bikes.

RIP bud

http://globalnews.ca/news/2036565/mo...und-45-st-s-w/

My Ride
    14' 435i

Sorry to hear that he passed away, as a fellow rider it always hits home a bit more when we lose one of our own

RIP and ride safe everyone

My Ride
    93 integra

He is still on respirators but only so his family can come see him. He won't make it. At a loss for words...

My Ride
    2018 Audi RS3

RIP, I drove around this 20min after it happened.
    My husband rides, I always think of him whenever I hear of any crash involving a motorbike. This easily could have been him as he takes this route home.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

I just can't see how riding a bike can be worth it.

RIP.

My Ride
    93 integra

He'd asked me and my room mate to get bikes this summer with him. Had been approved on a cbr and decided to wait till next summer.....

I can't see myself riding ever now.

Thats awful, RIP.

Do you think the Benz make an unsafe left turn or he sped through a stale yellow? Just a terrible situation all around, condolences to the friends and family.

Originally posted by BavarianBeast

RIP.
    Because it is a totally different experience from operating something that has note than two wheels. You're way more in tune with everything around you including the machine below you. I rode quite extensively for 10 years in my early 20-30's but by the time I was in my early 30's that experience was being offset by the negatives - the weather almost always seemed to be a PITA, one always, always had to be on top of the game - always paying attention to other drivers, paying attention to shit coming off of other vehicles, animals, potholes, etc..

There really isn't any down time when one rides a motorbike, a rock that comes dislodged from the wheels of the semi in front of you can take you out. Blown tire chunks are equally as dangerous, sand/gravel on the road is something you always have to be in the lookout for. Potholes are just as dangerous and the list goes on.

I've ridden though snow at Crater Lake, incredible rain all the way from Kelowna to Calgary, a horrendous dust storm out near Drumheller and unbelievable wind down by Lethbridge - all of this was very unenjoyable on a bike and eventually it got to me that in a car I could endure all of this shit in a much better environment, adjustable heat, cooling, tunes, a drink or snacks easily at hand.

And kids also came into the mix and I sold my last motorbike and bought a hot tub with the proceeds which we still have 21 years later and still quite enjoy.

Do I miss riding a motorbike - nope but I do tell my sons who are now in their early 20's to get a motorbike now while you're young as that is the best time to truly enjoy it.
    Last edited by speedog; 06-05-2015 at 06:02 PM.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

^agreed. Alas i dont have kids nor want any and will likely always keep riding.
    Originally posted by BavarianBeast

RIP.
    Lol that is the most idiotic statement I've read on here in a good while. How would you know? Ever even ride a bike? How about through the mountains on an absolutely gorgeous day?

In my 26 years of riding, I wouldn't take back one second of any of it.... you have to take the good in with the bad, but it's always been absolutely amazing. Oh yeah, no accidents either. Funny isn't it?
    Last edited by Graham_A_M; 06-05-2015 at 06:23 PM.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

Originally posted by Graham_A_M

Lol that is the most idiotic statement I've read on here in a good while. How would you know? Ever even ride a bike? How about through the mountains on an absolutely gorgeous day?

In my 26 years of riding, I wouldn't take back one second of any of it.... you have to take the good in with the bad, but it's always been absolutely amazing. Oh yeah, no accidents either. Funny isn't it?
    maybe explain and educate. you seem like smart guy who likes bikes. help others understand why the risk can be worth it. serious.

My Ride
    Silverado

Not really the place to have this conversation!

Hopefully, your buddy pulls through.

My Ride
    2015 Ford Focus SE

Default Re: Bow trail motorbike collision.

Originally posted by ekguy
    ... No one needs to lose friends or loved ones to accidents that could have been avoided.

Slow down on the roads and watch for bikes.

This. A friend of mine died on Monday, pick up truck vs motorcycle. He leaves behind 4 kids.

Ride safe everyone.
    Originally posted by rage2 in 2002
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100.

My Ride
    93 integra

Wasn't able to breath unassisted, he has passed on as of sunday. Hoping the lady get's charged with something, completely an unsafe turn and should have seen him coming...

Fucking old people driving...

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Man Bow Trail & 45th and 17th and 45th are two hairy ass intersections. People are always at least 10-20 over going down bow trail because its just so easy to.

This really sucks.

I was going to say that was an idiotic statement too lol

My Ride
    17 Tacoma trd OR

Seems very bad this year for motorcycles. I'm lucky I never really have had any close calls except for one being my own fault but my dad was hit a few weeks ago on his days old triumph by some asshole in a jeep who was entirely at fault. The only explanation was that jeep driver was texting, or he hit my dad on purpose

My dad - days in hospital/jeep asshole - got a ticket
    Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Also, if he donkey kicks, you donkey punch!

I know what that's like, I lost one of my best friends August 1 2012 to a bike crash... 35 yrs old way too fuckin young. I drove by that scene that day on my way to do a job for a Beyonder actually... I'm saddened to hear he passed away. Myself, the only bikes I like to ride don't have engines and this is one of the reasons I have no love for motorsports but it always sucks to lose a friend/family member/loved one this way. RIP.

My Ride
    21 CX5 GT Turbo

My dad worked in the industry for like 25 years and heard way too many horror stories, he would kill me if I ever got a bike even though I am 31 and live on my own.

I had a friend/co worker die leaving a fucking funeral on 17th ave SE because of some stupid driver hitting him.

Originally posted by BigDL
    My dad ....would kill me if I ever got a bike even though I am 31 and live on my own.
    Same.
    He's since changed it to, if you're stupid enough to buy one in a large city, let me take out a large insurance policy in your name because my odds are better than Vegas/649/Stock Markets.

My Ride
    W204

Condolences..

So who ran the light?
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!