Quantcast
Calgary police arrest two suspects in fatal gas station hit and run - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Calgary police arrest two suspects in fatal gas station hit and run

Angry Power of Beyond. Need to locate this peice of trash

Stolen Ford F-350 , licence ... Alberta plate EUX 378. Brown or maroon in coulour.
    Cliff notes: stolen truck . Stole fuel at Centex on 16th ave NW, but then attempting to get away the Centex employee tried to stop truck and in the melee got run over and is seriously injured. truck last seen driving westbound on Crowchild .
    Story here :

http://calgaryherald.com/news/local-...er-hit-and-run

If you see this truck, call 911. This peice of trash coward should pay for his being a fawktard. Going out now to do some searching.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

start in morley
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

From the news article...

"It appears the lady got onto the hood of the vehicle and tried to stop it, and she actually fell off. The vehicle then drove over her,”

So for a drive-off, this employee could very well be facing quite an altered life. I would hope that this isn't part of Centex's regular procedures - shitty for that employee but c'mon.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

Originally posted by speedog
    From the news article...

"It appears the lady got onto the hood of the vehicle and tried to stop it, and she actually fell off. The vehicle then drove over her,”

So for a drive-off, this employee could very well be facing quite an altered life. I would hope that this isn't part of Centex's regular procedures - shitty for that employee but c'mon.
    I believe this is the reason they passed a law in BC that you must pay before you fill up gas. Some poor attendant was dragged underneath a car for 7km's for $15 worth of gas that some douchebag stole.

The mid-30-year-old woman climbed onto the truck’s hood, at which point the driver pulled back onto the busy roadway, throwing her onto the road.
    massive facepalm on the part of the gas station attendant, climbing onto the hood of a truck during a situation like this is just asking for it. risking your life like that isn't worth a tank of gas.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-24-2020 at 08:55 PM.

Originally posted by 01RedDX
    Does the owner take it out of their pay or something?
    I highly doubt it, more likely it's part of the cost of doing business.

My Ride
    2015 Ford Focus SE

Yeah what a dummy, I don't care how much gas they stole, don't chase a person who'd just committed a crime and climb on their hood. WTF

It's in our handbook that we are not to follow thieves out of the store. I wasn't thinking and did it one night (at 3am ) and got written up for it. Most employers feel very strongly about this.
    Originally posted by rage2 in 2002
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100.

^ I think that's pretty common, I saw a guy shoplifting at Walmart once, and told a clerk but he said he couldn't do anything about, only theft prevention can confront shoplifters.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

I like how everyone is blaming the attendant but not the waste of skin that is the driver of the truck who not only ran her over with a f350 dually but dragged her along. Yes, she shouldn't have tried to stop the guy by trying to stand in front of the vehicle, but she was trying to do the right thing at the end of the day.

I still cant believe the lack of pay-at-the-pump and pay-before-you-pump. Do people not realize this is the #1 way stolen cars are kept on the road?

Btw... Its a dually F350 crew cab from the sounds of it
    Last edited by OTown; 06-07-2015 at 07:36 PM.

Originally posted by OTown
    I like how everyone is blaming the attendant but not the waste of skin that is the driver of the truck who not only ran her over with a f350 dually but dragged her along. Yes, she shouldn't have tried to stop the guy by trying to stand in front of the vehicle, but she was trying to do the right thing at the end of the day.

I still cant believe the lack of pay-at-the-pump and pay-before-you-pump. Do people not realize this is the #1 way stolen cars are kept on the road?

Btw... Its a dually F350 crew cab from the sounds of it
    I don't think for a minute that anyone on here isn't placing blame on the scumbag that was driving the truck, the additional issue is that this lady's decision making process was flawed at the time of the incident and that she is at fault for.

Yes, her intentions were good but I would imagine that Centex's drive-off policy is like any other gas station's policy in that you don't confront the culprit - you instead make a note of as much relevant information you can and then call the police. I just can't imagine that Centex would have a policy in place that would have their employee's placing themselves in a perilous situation such as this lady did - if they do, then shame on them.

Never the less, she is to blame for placing herself in this situation - she could've just as easily let the truck driver get away and be sleeping quite comfortably in her own bed tonight.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

I absolutely agree with that, but there may be more to the story than a simple theft. People are so quick to judge without getting all the info nowadays. The poor lady is now fighting her life because someone quite simply attempted to murder her.

Not defending her exact actions, just saying that she was acting on good will in her mind. Compare that to the criminal who knows exactly what hes doing and you have yet another guy who doesnt give two craps about human life roaming the streets of calgary.
    Last edited by OTown; 06-07-2015 at 08:22 PM.

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

Centrex's policy is not to engage the person if a theft is occurring, but to call police.

The attendant did not ran and jump on the hood, but stood in front of the truck at a red light. The truck then decided to run her over, where she ended up on the hood, then fell off and got run over.

Look at me! I read the article!

Yes, the attendant shouldn't have tried anything...but can you blame them? I guess they just had a strong moral compass and didn't have time to think it through in the heat of the moment.

All blame goes to the unwashed asshole whole stole the truck, stole the gas, and then intentionally ran over the poor gas attendant.
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-24-2020 at 08:54 PM.

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

^ They've updated and edited the story since yesterday, but in any case, no one is blaming her, just saying it's stupid to try to confront a fleeing criminal in a truck.
    Oh, OK. That makes sense, the details are all in the article...just thought no one had read it.

I understand that, it just really bothers me when people nit-pick someone's actions that was trying to do the right thing...defend her employer's assets and prevent theft. It was no doubt a very heated moment, and I think her instincts just kicked in. It's hard to criticize someone's actions when decisions are being made quickly in a scenario like this one. Except for the thief's actions....those we can criticize because they are based on ill-intent and a series of criminal actions.

I hope the thief gets caught and has enough assets to be sued heavily by the victim. And, that he spends a long time on the receiving end of all sorts of abuse in prison.
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-24-2020 at 08:54 PM.

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Does the owner take it out of their pay or something?
    It's not unheard of for this to be the case. The district manager doesn't give me a warm feeling:

A district manager with Centex Petroleum who oversees the 16th Ave. N.W. station said that particular location deals with one or two gas-and-dash drivers per month.

His first name is Shamshu. He refused to give his last name.

The manager said standard protocol is to “phone the cops,” and not to pursue drivers who leave without paying.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by blitz

It's not unheard of for this to be the case. The district manager doesn't give me a warm feeling:

Why doesn't he give you a warm feeling? He's under no obligation at all to even comment on the story, let alone give his name.

With all the bullshit social media shaming that goes on for issues real or imagined, I really don't blame him.

I'd also like to see the proof you have that these employers are violating the labor code. I assume you'll be able to provide a pay slip with the deductions and not just some 6th party anecdote. Because from my first hand experience, it doesn't happen.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by FraserB

Because from my first hand experience, it doesn't happen.
    Since it didn't happen to you, it hasn't happened to anyone? Lol. Well, I'VE never been raped, so it must not exist.

It happens, usually to teenagers who don't know the laws, and at the station manager level. When my wife worked at Turbo as a teenager, she had money deducted by means of shorted hours, so there was no paper trail.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Since it didn't happen to you, it hasn't happened to anyone? Lol. Well, I'VE never been raped, so it must not exist.

It happens, usually to teenagers who don't know the laws, and at the station manager level. When my wife worked at Turbo as a teenager, she had money deducted by means of shorted hours, so there was no paper trail.
    I can back fraser on this.

I have worked lots on a till and handling cash, debit, credit, and VLT floats, and while there was always the threat of deductions for being short, no one ever was actually deducted, mainly because it is illegal iirc.

Every time I have heard someone claiming it happened, it was never to them, and always a friend of a friend.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast