Quantcast
You know your car is sick when - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: You know your car is sick when

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Originally posted by ducaudi

Damn, hate to see that on any car. Hope you get it sorted for summer!

BTW: That's some decent mileage!
    Was gonna say thats not bad mileage

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Originally posted by YCB

Going to get a quote today.. but I'm guessing it will be more than the deductible.

Paint shop recommendations? Also, any effect on my i-surance if I do decide to go through them? Hate these blemishes on my record/car

Filed a police report yesterday, do they investigate such small incidents? I stopped at the Macs on the corner as they have camera's which cover the entire parking lot, the attendant says only police can ask them to show them the footage.

It was 11.6 before I got the test pipes installed lol.

Hit up superior paint and autobody. I have a Jarez Black M3 that was keyed as well, they did an amazing job where it was keyed. Cannot tell it ever happened. Funny, people must be jealous of that subtle blue hue!

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-24-2020 at 08:54 PM.

When my old car got keyed, I had parked at the back of the parking lot, away from anyone else. It was also at my workplace at the time, and late in the day when the customer parking clears out, my car was WAY out on it's own. Someone probably walked by, assumed that I thought I was too good to park with everyone else (even though work required us to park in that area), and keyed me. I can't think of any other explanation really.

There aren't many reasons for someone to key you IMHO - it's either jealousy or someone thinking they are getting their much deserved justice or revenge. You already parked in the best spot, not much else you could have done. Sorry to hear.

If it's not super expensive, I would pay for that out of my own pocket if I were you, and save your "accident forgiveness" in case something more serious happens.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

My KIA got keyed in a bit X mark on my right rear door when I was at work a couple weeks back. Thankfully it's mostly surface, so it will probably be repairable with a good amount of detailing with clearcoat repair. And I don't douchepark. I drive a KIA, I have no reason to douchepark

I don't know what it is, but keying and car vandalism seems to be on the rise as of late. The deep SouthEast was hit a couple years back with people running down the streets smashing in rear windows with hammers. Everything from brand new Jaguars to 25 year old Hondas were getting hit D: And we get at least one person a week walking into our store asking if we have parking lot facing cameras, because in the 5 minutes they were in our store, their car gets keyed. Granted, since school let out, that has decreased sharply, as there are a couple of schools close to where I work.... >___________>
    Geek

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

That's awful, I'd be so pissed. I had my side mirror smashed in front of my house, and my car backed into last winter. Caught neither of them.

Unfortunately, there are low-lifes that all of society shares the burden of paying for when they commit acts of stupidity. Sucks, but it's hard to weed them out.
    Originally posted by 89coupe
    I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.

My Ride
    is faster than yours

Originally posted by Hallowed_point
    Well I've never actually caught someone in the act so it's tough to say what I'd really do. It would take a lot of restraint as I know that they would likely run off or get a minimal punishment for the engraving legally speaking. I'd hope that I'd be calm and collected and pin them to the curb until the police arrived. Those pictures just had my blood boiling!
    Back when I lived in the city, I caught someone vandalizing a car in a driveway (smashing mirrors, kicking in door panels, pulling up stuff from the neighbors yard to throw at the car's windshield). I subdued him and took him to the house...turns out it was their older son and they were having a fight or something. I told them regardless, that shit doesn't fly in the neighborhood. They didn't do anything...didn't say anything to him, didn't even say anything to me. Douchebag parents breeding douchebag kids...the type that end up doing this to other people's vehicles and property.

Originally posted by BavarianBeast

Hit up superior paint and autobody. I have a Jarez Black M3 that was keyed as well, they did an amazing job where it was keyed. Cannot tell it ever happened. Funny, people must be jealous of that subtle blue hue!
    Cool, I'll check it out. I guess I was due for a hate crime anyway.. curse the awesome blue hue.. haha

Got some quotes today..

4 in total. Thought I'd share.

First from http://dilawricollisioncalgary.ca/
    Lady said to call insurance, seems like she was thinking more than $3k, might of heard her say $5k "paint half the car".

Maranello
    $1897.46

MicroPaint
    $1740.90 with wetsand/polish entire car ($259.00)

Screaming Paintworks
    $1904.25
    Curse you imageshack..

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Sounds like your car will be going into whichever of the 2 decent options can get the car in first then?

I know you know better and it doesn't need to be said but do not go to micro paint for your metallic M3.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Originally posted by YCB

Cool, I'll check it out. I guess I was due for a hate crime anyway.. curse the awesome blue hue.. haha

Got some quotes today..

4 in total. Thought I'd share.

First from http://dilawricollisioncalgary.ca/
    Lady said to call insurance, seems like she was thinking more than $3k, might of heard her say $5k "paint half the car".

Maranello
    $1897.46

MicroPaint
    $1740.90 with wetsand/polish entire car ($259.00)

Screaming Paintworks
    $1904.25
    Maranello

/thread.

Yo that you Jason? lol

Fuckers.

Micropaint is garbage. I had work done on my G35 way back when and it peeled in like a month. Screamin redid the whole side of my old 335i, good shit. And they ended up discounting it a lot.
    Last edited by ToXicXxX; 06-08-2015 at 01:42 PM.

My Ride
    V8s

If you're personally dealing with them, I'd recommend Screamin. If it's insurance, then it doesn't really matter. I needed some work done and saw Screamin and Maranello for quotes, and the staff at Maranello didn't give me time of day at all; they basically treated me like they were doing me a favor by quoting me. Needless to say I took my business to Screamin (who also quoted me less than Maranello AND offered to guarantee their work, which Maranello expressly said they wouldn't do for me), and couldn't be happier. Quality of work is top notch, as was customer service. I've dealt with Screamin twice now, and won't hesitate to go back again.

Originally posted by 88CRX

Maranello

/thread.
    .. Thanks all for the input!

Going through insurance, I would still have a blemish on my shit.. lowering my star rating, and likely increase my rates.. so out of pocket it is

Originally posted by ToXicXxX

Yo that you Jason? lol

Fuckers.
    Micropaint is garbage. I had work done on my G35 way back when and it peeled in like a month.
    Jayyyysunnggg.. lol. Yea micropaint was just in between shops kinda deal.

Curse you imageshack..

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

^which broker are you through? Your insurance shouldn't go up. I know with touchstone an act of vandalism won't make your premiums go up, deductible excluded of course.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

Originally posted by Graham_A_M
    ^which broker are you through? Your insurance shouldn't go up. I know with touchstone an act of vandalism won't make your premiums go up, deductible excluded of course.
    The Personals. The lady said a claim is a claim is a claim.. ?! .. whether it be at fault or not it will be on my record for 6 years, in that time.. I could get a hurt real bad..

Will save it for another time.
    Curse you imageshack..

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Sounds like you should make the claim and then jump ship to a better insurance provider.

My Ride
    Blue boy

Originally posted by blitz
    Sounds like you should make the claim and then jump ship to a better insurance provider.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

That sucks to hear OP

Do insurance companies treat vandalism and a hit & run as the same thing, a not at fault claim?

Originally posted by blitz
    This.

I have had 3 separate comprehensive claims, 2 for vandalism, one for a hit and run. None of which increased my insurance premiums.

My Ride
    2GR-FE Hethel, 14W246, 13W251, 06NC, 02Aerio

Comprehensive claim is not an at fault accident. (Hit and Run / Vandalism, etc) If you have too many - they can increase your deductible and for some you might lose a claims free discount.
    Insurance Pro

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast