Quantcast
STang Vs FRS Vs FiSt Vs WRX - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: STang Vs FRS Vs FiSt Vs WRX

Default STang Vs FRS Vs FiSt Vs WRX

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-13-2019 at 11:10 PM.

My Ride
    G37X

The more reviews I watch, the more I think I should've checked out a fiesta st along with some of the others. I quite like my Si, but the fiesta ticks a lot of boxes on paper. I'll have to check one out in person, maybe at a meet.

Don't look at one. Drive one. 100% of the ST's likability comes from the way it drives.

Sorry, 99%. Clearly the other 1% comes from installing a loud BOV which you utilize any time you see a similarly priced car.

My Ride
    G37X

^yeah fair enough, I'm not in the market though right now. I've seen them in person and I prefer the styling to the focus. I'm not sold on the somewhat hokey method used in lieu of a limited slip. Although, driving one would prove or disprove that. I've learned that fwd can be quite enjoyable given the right platform.

FRS always seemed way too small inside haha and I'm not a giant person by any means.

I'm not a big fan of Ford but I'd own a Fiesta ST.

My Ride
    Beyond Fit Golf R and Berta RAM 1500

Originally posted by Hallowed_point
    The more reviews I watch, the more I think I should've checked out a fiesta st along with some of the others. I quite like my Si, but the fiesta ticks a lot of boxes on paper. I'll have to check one out in person, maybe at a meet.
    I kind of wanted a Fiesta ST also, after sitting in one at the auto show I realized the car is just way to small compared to my civic. Wasn't a big fan of the pedal placement also. Never drove one however... But still more than happy with my Si.

am i the only one reading "fist"?

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Originally posted by Dumbass17
    am i the only one reading "fist"?
    Nope. Fiesta ST's are FiST and focus ST's are FoST

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

You bought a new SI? We should have a go sometime in Mexico! I raced one when I was stock it was one of those HPF coupes he kept up pretty good.

Dirty_SOHC is offline 0.2 liters away from a good engine
    My Ride
    WRX

I am looking to hit the dealers for a test drive tomorrow morning!

Fist or Fost?

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Buy my focus lol

Dirty_SOHC is offline 0.2 liters away from a good engine
    My Ride
    WRX

STang Vs FRS Vs FiSt Vs WRX....

I ended up with a 2015 Metallic Grey WRX

I tried to like the Fiesta, but I found that I couldn't sit in the comfortably in the seats...

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by Shlade
    You bought a new SI? We should have a go sometime in Mexico! I raced one when I was stock it was one of those HPF coupes he kept up pretty good.
    2009 coupe. So not new, new. Pretty sure you'd smoke me in a race. It makes cool noises when it hits vtec, but I think the best 0-60 I've seen for one is around a 6.3. Some reviewers claim a 6.7 but they probably didn't launch at all or shift at the correct rpm. Buying this car just proved to me that #s aren't everything. Enjoying it more than my Camaro which could probably 0-60 below 5 seconds. Miss the torque, but no more 15 - 20 year old daily drivers.

Quite enjoyed sugarphreaks fiesta. Almost zero turbo lag and it felt way faster than it should have.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

The first week in my Focus ST I thought maybe I made a mistake as I found the seats uncomfortably tight after more than 20 minutes. A few months later now and they feel great (actually could be a little tighter lol) as they do break in.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I recently took a new mustang ( 5.0 vert but still) out on a test drive and it was actually quite fantastic. Fixed near all of my gripes about previous mustangs imo. Very well composed, good brakes and power.

In the rain i had to be really careful with the torque and power ( it liked to break traction in a big way) so i think the EB would still be plenty powerful enough.

Still don't like the seating position that much though but i just keep comparing it to my 2 which isn't fair.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by killramos
    I recently took a new mustang ( 5.0 vert but still) out on a test drive and it was actually quite fantastic. Fixed near all of my gripes about previous mustangs imo. Very well composed, good brakes and power.

In the rain i had to be really careful with the torque and power ( it liked to break traction in a big way) so i think the EB would still be plenty powerful enough.

Still don't like the seating position that much though but i just keep comparing it to my 2 which isn't fair.
    Same here. I thought I was done with mustangs but they have significantly improved a lot of my gripes. Stock exhaust note sounds amazing. Seats and interior are much improved. Great handling and brakes. I'll say that I didn't like the new mustang styling until I drove one and looked at it up close. It's a classy looking ride. I do wish the power came on a little earlier in the power band.

They do need to improve the shifter position. My civic has spoiled me in that regard.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Same here. I thought I was done with mustangs but they have significantly improved a lot of my gripes. Stock exhaust note sounds amazing. Seats and interior are much improved. Great handling and brakes. I'll say that I didn't like the new mustang styling until I drove one and looked at it up close. It's a classy looking ride. I do wish the power came on a little earlier in the power band.

They do need to improve the shifter position. My civic has spoiled me in that regard.
    My problem is i was looking at the vert ( what the wife wants ) and they have no ability to add the performance packages and recaros to the vert for some bizarre reason. I guess they are trying to avoid the top end price coming in above 65k. Maybe down the road i can get it with brembos and good seats. They are also done with '15s and are taking orders for 16's which is the only way to get a vert at this point due to low allocations.

Universal had a black coupe in the showroom with all the fun options and it was mean!
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.