Quantcast
Help with Used vehicle purchase.. - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help with Used vehicle purchase..

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

Here is a 2006 with 150k for $9,950, but I am not sure if there are other differences:

http://wwwa.autotrader.ca/a/Chevrole...mp;orup=1_15_1

^ cloth seats and just a half ton with smaller engine.

I ended up paying $11k for it. Canadian Black book has a value of $12,900 for that model/mileage. Depending on what you're buying, trade in value is around $6500 on a brand new similar model truck. $60-80k?

Got a certified AAMVIC report on the vehicle. Plus the service order of all repairs. Brand new PS pump and hoses.
    Driving back from Edmonton right now.

No matter I paid for it you know the dealer made money and always will. I'm happy with it and what I paid.
    It'll be a good tow vehicle for a trailer.

Dave if you're happy. We're happy.
    You didn't get hosed. Agreed Dealer always makes money.
    $11K isn't a massive investment compared to what others put into a vehicle.
    You didn't get a Veloster so it's a win.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

So Dave, how was the ride back? How does it drive on the highway compared to the old truck?
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

Originally posted by Masked Bandit
    So Dave, how was the ride back? How does it drive on the highway compared to the old truck?
    The drive from Barhead to Edmonton was good. Was actually surprised how smooth it was especially since it has big winters on it. Going to get some good summers for it. Seems to drive straight. No hands for a good long time and no pulling.
    won't lie though..it ain't no Navigator for smoothness. But the 4x4 was also shot on the Nav, so having that is a nice bonus. Plus Shadow LOVES the bigger truck!!
    Oh and we got plates right beside the hotel this morning!

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Originally posted by C_Dave45

The drive from Barhead to Edmonton was good. Was actually surprised how smooth it was especially since it has big winters on it. Going to get some good summers for it. Seems to drive straight. No hands for a good long time and no pulling.
    won't lie though..it ain't no Navigator for smoothness. But the 4x4 was also shot on the Nav, so having that is a nice bonus. Plus Shadow LOVES the bigger truck!!

How's the power / acceleration compared to the old truck?
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

^ cloth seats and just a half ton with smaller engine.

I ended up paying $11k for it. Canadian Black book has a value of $12,900 for that model/mileage. Depending on what you're buying, trade in value is around $6500 on a brand new similar model truck. $60-80k?

Got a certified AAMVIC report on the vehicle. Plus the service order of all repairs. Brand new PS pump and hoses.
    Driving back from Edmonton right now.

No matter I paid for it you know the dealer made money and always will. I'm happy with it and what I paid.
    It'll be a good tow vehicle for a trailer.
    That's a great buy congrats!
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Congratulations man. This is a good truck, and it's exactly what you were looking for. That 6.0L engine is pretty stout, good torque.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Originally posted by Masked Bandit

How's the power / acceleration compared to the old truck?
    I must be getting old. I didn't even floor it until I drove it around here after we got home. Definitely more power. averaged 17 L/100km driving around Edmonton and then home.

AND it fits in our heated garage!! (our garage opening is only 79" so some vehicles like my van wont fit).

Have to figure out the remote. I have a one-way AS-1780 remote that will lock and unlock the doors (along with the factory GM remote for locks) but it won't start the truck. Did a quick look, and cant find the actual unit...is it possible to buy this remote for just doors and not have an engine start??

My Ride
    Volvo S60 & Jeep GC

Man oh man, I am jealous. Makes me want to start looking again. Great deal, congrats.

Have to figure out the remote. I have a one-way AS-1780 remote that will lock and unlock the doors (along with the factory GM remote for locks) but it won't start the truck. Did a quick look, and cant find the actual unit...is it possible to buy this remote for just doors and not have an engine start??
    I'm not familiar with the AS-1780, but with the factory remote, you have to press the "LOCK" button first, and then immediately press and hold the "REMOTE START" button until you see the turn signal lights flash (usually between 2 and 4 seconds).

The truck will run for 10 minutes and then will shut off. You can remote start it a second time, but it, too, only remains running for 10 minutes. After that, you have to jump in the truck and use the key in the ignition switch.

Here is what my remote looks like. The circular arrow at the top, centre is the remote start button:

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Originally posted by raceman6135
    [B]

I'm not familiar with the AS-1780, but with the factory remote, you have to press the "LOCK" button first, and then immediately press and hold the "REMOTE START" button until you see the turn signal lights flash (usually between 2 and 4 seconds).

The truck will run for 10 minutes and then will shut off. You can remote start it a second time, but it, too, only remains running for 10 minutes. After that, you have to jump in the truck and use the key in the ignition switch.

Here is what my remote looks like. The circular arrow at the top, centre is the remote start button:
    Yeah, there isn't a factory start. It's just remote locks. So the GM remote just has the locks and horn panic button. But there's a remote from an Autostart AS-1780 unit. The receiver is on the window, with the blue light that lights up when I use it, and will operate the locks as well. But wont start the engine.

I can't even find the hood pin, but when I use the Autostart remote, I can hear clicking inside the fuse box, when the locks open/close.

is the led on the antenna on solid? if so, it's in valet.. if that doesn't work, you might want to try a tach relearn.

Originally posted by silvercivicsir
    is the led on the antenna on solid? if so, it's in valet.. if that doesn't work, you might want to try a tach relearn.
    Yes it is. Solid blue right now.

THANK YOU!!!!!

Took it out of valet mode!! It works!!!!

The salesman didn't even know it had remote start!!
    Last edited by C_Dave45; 06-12-2015 at 11:02 PM.

My Ride
    G37X

It looks like a very clean truck Dave. 6.0 L vortec! I think you got a fair price for a dealer. It's probably pretty thirsty though! But this is a recreational vehicle right not a DD?

My Ride
    K-car

Congrats! The 3/4 tons are so hard to find. Wait till you tow with it, you'll wonder why you put up with that Navigator so long.

My Ride
    V8s

Nice truck. A guy that parks in my parkade at work has one with a duramax, now I bet that's super rare.

Yes it is. Solid blue right now.

THANK YOU!!!!!

Took it out of valet mode!! It works!!!!

The salesman didn't even know it had remote start!!
    Glad to see you got everything figured out

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Yeah man, that's not a bad deal at all for that rig.

Enjoy it! it is going to be way nicer towing with that than with your old Navigator.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2