Quantcast
REVIEW : Touchstone Insurance - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: REVIEW : Touchstone Insurance

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Default REVIEW : Touchstone Insurance

I have been with Dalton Timmis insurance for the past 3 years and always thought my rate with them for my 07 GSXR 750 was pretty good. After seeing some people chatting with Masked Bandit about rates, I decided to see what the deal was regarding insurance for this season. I talked to Darren Roy who was super easy to work with and asked me some simple questions to get me started. Within minutes, he came back to me with a rate for the same coverage that I had with Dalton Timmis that was over 100.00 cheaper! This was just for my bike alone. I have my house and 3 cars listed with a separate insurance company so I decided to get a full insurance quote as well for the whole show. Long story short, they can save me over $800.00/year. These guys are on point.

Service is outstanding. No BS, simple, fast and easy.
    Rates are the cheapest I have seen by far.
    Darren had me all set up within 24 hrs and a pink card sent to me all ready to go.

For you bike guys, give them a shout... im about as cheap as they come and I left SUPER happy. 5 stars from my end!!!
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

I email Darren what I want/need, he calls me back and we're done. With my old company, I'd have to sit on hold for 45 mins.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

+1 for Darren and Touchstone.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Word, I saved my buddy $700/year on his '12 yamaha R1, saved 600/year on his '11 Powerwagon Ram 1500 truck.

I've been exceptionally happy with Touchstone myself, best place in Calgary by far. Never had an issue ever. Been the best few years of all my insurance dealings this entire time.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    Ferrari

Masked Bandit has saved me hundreds a year since switching to him years ago for my 2 cars, truck, quad and bike. Especially my bike. He's the insurance guru for sure.
    Life is too short to drive boring cars.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-14-2019 at 12:20 PM.

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

I was almost angry after talking to Darren, not at him but at my other insurance companies... how can a company offer the EXACT SAME setups for almost a thousand dollars less? Ive definitely been getting hosed by my other insurance providers. Was a great feeling to get off the phone with Touchstone and know I have more money in my pocket!
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

I also moved from TD MM to touchstone for my house and car insurance last year because it saved me $200/year at the time, and probably more this year. When it came time to insure my bike he got me a quote in minutes, was able to set up the paperwork in no time at all and had an awesome rate.
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

My Ride
    RX300

Maybe Darren is a busy guy but i PMed Maskedbandit here which got Darren to email me and asked me to give him a call.

i left him 2 msgs and never returned my calls. Shot him an email so hopefully he'll give me a shout
    trying is the first step towards failure

Originally posted by Zero102
    I also moved from TD MM to touchstone for my house and car insurance last year because it saved me $200/year at the time, and probably more this year. When it came time to insure my bike he got me a quote in minutes, was able to set up the paperwork in no time at all and had an awesome rate.
    Same here.. I saved about $350 a year.. and got significantly better sewer backup protection at the same time.

Darren has been awesome to deal with.

My Ride
    G37X

Been dealing with Bill for a few years, no complaints he's saved me some money and is always there for whatever dumb questions I have.

Has anyone actually dealt with a claim on any of the insurance providers you've been on through his service??

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by Canucks3322
    Has anyone actually dealt with a claim on any of the insurance providers you've been on through his service??
    Not collision, but I've had a comprehensive claim while with him. He had some good advice and was in contact throughout it to make sure it went smoothly.

My Ride
    Horse

^I'm pretty sure some people posted about that last year after the massive hail storm.

While I'm not personally with Touchstone, I have heard nothing but good things about them and in my interactions with Darren, he was more than helpful. Even answered my general questions about insurance when I wasn't a customer.

My Ride
    G37X

Darren is great and I've passed his name around to numerous co workers and friends.

My Ride
    Hatred

They seem pretty decent. I really have to get a full quote one day.
    -U

Originally posted by saiyajin
    Maybe Darren is a busy guy but i PMed Maskedbandit here which got Darren to email me and asked me to give him a call.

i left him 2 msgs and never returned my calls. Shot him an email so hopefully he'll give me a shout
    Your not alone I had the same results

Originally posted by AllGoNoShow

Your not alone I had the same results
    Same here.. already using touchstone and recently bought a new car to add onto the existing policy. He got it added on so I could drive it home but was not able to give me a price for the year. Said he'd give me a call back which never happened.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by Canucks3322
    Yes, I was using SGI a few years back on my car when it got broken into and the interior messed up.

SGI itself is a joke, I was dealing directly with an agent there and it was like they suffered from basic communication deficiencies (eg. email #4 said we agreed to modify the claim already) .