Quantcast
Best place to negotiate Rolex and Omega’s in Calgary? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Best place to negotiate Rolex and Omega’s in Calgary?

Default Best place to negotiate Rolex and Omega’s in Calgary?

Hey all,

I’m finally ready to pull the trigger on either a steel/white gold Datejust II or a Speedmaster and am wondering about what places in Calgary are known to negotiate prices/give great deals. Over the last weekend of watch shopping, I got the impression that not all jewellery stores play ball. For example, a lovely individual at Calgary Jewelry mentioned that we could work on the price of any watch I saw there. On the other hand while at Birks at TD the lady there seemed very firm on all of the prices. (although I didn’t come right out and ask if they did discounts).

Have any of you had any success negotiating on Rolex / Omegas in Calgary? If so, where at?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

You could start by having an honest discussion with our resident sponsor for jewelry and watches, Gem by Carati.
    If you want to know about discounts or negotiation room, I'd suggest you ask them about discounts and negotiation room.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    changes every year

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    You could start by having an honest discussion with our resident sponsor for jewelry and watches, Gem by Carati.
    If you want to know about discounts or negotiation room, I'd suggest you ask them about discounts and negotiation room.
    But he doesnt carry those brands, does he?

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by 03ozwhip

But he doesnt carry those brands, does he?
    I actually had this exact discussion with him last week, it's worth giving him a quick call.

My Ride
    '01 B15 Sentra & '10 C11X Versa 6Sp 5Dr

We've had a good experience with J Vair Anderson.
    Someday we may need to activate the halo structure off Deerfoot and destroy the North East.

Last edited by Cos; 12-28-2016 at 03:16 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    X3

Thanks for all the mentions guys, really appreciate it, but unfortunately I don't carry either brand.

For Rolex, Brinkhaus would be my recommendation. Brad is a stand up guy, I'm not sure what they will do for discounts, but he'll be straight forward with you.

Some guys here have had good experiences with calgary jewellery for Omega, your other option is J. Vair.
    J. Vair has both brands, so it would be easy to compare the two watches side by side.

Congrats on the new purchase!

My Ride

I personally recommend J. Vair from my latest purchase. I forgot his name but there is a older gentleman that works there only on Saturday. He is retired but works one day a week for fun. Even took my old watch and cleaned it in the ultrasonic bath while I was shopping. One of the very few guys that was happy to help me even though I am younger. At the other stores, they basically brushed me off based on stereotyping.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Projek01
    I personally recommend J. Vair from my latest purchase. I forgot his name but there is a older gentleman that works there only on Saturday. He is retired but works one day a week for fun. Even took my old watch and cleaned it in the ultrasonic bath while I was shopping. One of the very few guys that was happy to help me even though I am younger. At the other stores, they basically brushed me off based on stereotyping.

Well I guess that guarantees he gets some future work.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    12 audi a5

Calgary Jewellery will make deals on the omega. Haven't actually purchased anything there yet though.

For rolex I had great experience with J Vair Anderson. Amazing service, look for ken.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by rage2

Well I guess that guarantees he gets some future work.
    Hopefully he just dipped the bracelet in and not the case!
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    G37X

If you're in the market to buy a watch like that, why do you need a discount? These are pure luxury/status symbols correct? This is like asking Bentley for a discount on a new Continental GT. Probably won't go over too well. Just curious.

Why wouldn't you want a discount? No matter how rich I was I'd rather pay $4000 than $5000 or $290,000 than $300,000 and so on. Nobody likes getting ripped off for the sake of getting ripped off.

A lot of the guys I know who buy the ultra-expensive watch brands buy them used off people who buy them, wear them once or twice, and then they just sit essentially brand new. Not sure what the used market is like in Calgary, but maybe that is something to consider?

My Ride
    G37X

Ballin' on a budget I guess..if I was in the market I'd be paying with a duffel bag of cash, Mar/CRA style.

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

Very few watches are actually sold at list price and sometimes you don't even need to ask... I've bought watches of this calibre and been offered a ~20% discount right off the top.

Unless you have your eye on a very specific edition, rare dial, etc, there's no way you need to pay msrp for a regular steel datejust or speedmaster.

And no one pays MSRP for a Bentley

Last edited by Cos; 12-28-2016 at 03:16 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

I've bought from J. Vair and they were good. Have friends that went to Brinkhaus. IMO both are good for Rolex. I would probably go to Calgary Jewellery for Omega.

J. Vair was good to me. I literally just walked in, asked them to see the watch I wanted, and before I knew it, she was giving me a good discount.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

I bought my Rollie from J. Vair, great service, wouldn't go anywhere else. I walked in after mountain biking, filthy and nasty and they still treated me like gold.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    Wristshots

Pretty well what everyone else is saying... J. Vair Anderson, Calgary Jewellery and Brinkhaus are all great places.

Klaus and Stacy at J Vair Anderson are great, my experience was very similar to Redlyne_mr2's.

I don't recall the name of the older lady who was working with Brad when I walked in to Brinkhaus, but she was very helpful. Cos, I thought they stopped carrying Omega; I could be mistaken.

As I'm sure many of the local enthusiasts know, some of the staff, including Bryn, moved from J. Vair Anderson to Calgary Jewellery... Even more reason to go there (mostly in regards to Bryn).

Tango101, congratulations on the purchase, be sure to post some wrist shots in the thread. A 3570 Speedmaster is almost never a bad consideration. Though it is quite a different watch than the Datejust II.
    Last edited by statick; 07-20-2015 at 11:23 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast