Quantcast
Body shop issues - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Body shop issues

My Ride
    E93 335is, F32 435xi, '16 Denali 1500

Default Body shop issues

2-3 months ago , car gets keyed with some other damage on rear bumper, insurance recommends a body shop they use I figure
    It's close to work ; minor damage and they can get me in next day no big deal right ?
    3 days after drop off I pick up the car , immediately notice heavy sand scratching near the bumper on the 1/4 panel , owners makes excuses agrees to redo the work, then sends to shadow for 3m work, it was raining these days so all appeared well.
    3 days later I wash the car, paint flakes off the rear bumper and I notice major orange peel everywhere and dust, and they didn't remove my window moulding or mask properly, so under my gas door is painted now, window moulding is painted , and various other issues , I say screw this call insurance, they give me a run around convince me to use them again and say they will supervise the work I say ok fine , 3 weeks later it's back in ,(3 weeks ago today)
    Owner makes excuses again promises it'll be perfect and says he will
    Give me a great deal on redoing my front end ( heavy rock chips), gives me a very fair quote I say ok let's do it , he says it will be week to week n half ok no problem , this was a Tuesday , get a call the following Friday said it will be done monday ok no big deal, get a call monday claiming I need a new rear bumper as its been apparently painted to many times prior.
    I go see it looks fine to me I said that's an insurance thing talk to them im not buying one; insurance calls tells me it's fine will work perfectly, body shop calls says it will be done Tuesday.
    Tuesday it goes for 3m I go there to look at it and again dust everywhere in the paint , sand marks , and various other things, owner comes there looks at it agrees it's wrong, takes the car he tells me a few hours it'll he back.
    The next day told now it's Friday for completion.
    I get and email Thursday night saying car is ready for pick up, I agree to come Friday morning a take for 3m myself they agreed as well.
    I arrive this morning to more excuses saying it won't be done until 3pm today, knowing my work hours and not being able to go look they say they will drop off to 3m shop and I can take it from there (they close at 4 and all weekend)
    I think they are avoiding me seeing the car again in hopes 3m will hide any flaws , I haven't paid for anything yet and won't until it's perfect, but we are now on the 5th time of "fixing" things.
    What would any of you do in this scenario ?
    Last edited by italianstylez; 06-12-2015 at 12:33 PM.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Default Re: Body shop issues

Originally posted by italianstylez
    2-3 months ago , car gets keyed with some other damage on rear bumper, insurance recommends a body shop they use I figure
    It's close to work ; minor damage and they can get me in next day no big deal right ?
    3 days after drop off I pick up the car , immediately notice heavy sand scratching near the bumper on the 1/4 panel , owners makes excuses agrees to redo the work, then sends to shadow for 3m work, it was raining these days so all appeared well, 3 days later I wash the car paint flakes off the rear bumper and I notice major orange peel everywhere and dust, and they didn't remove my window moulding or mask properly so under my gas door is painted now, window moulding is painted , and various other issues , I say screw this call insurance, they give me a run around convince me to use them again and say they will supervise the work I say ok fine , 3 weeks later it's back in ,(3 weeks ago today)
    Owner makes excuses again promises it'll be perfect and says he will
    Give me a great deal on redoing my front end ( heavy rock chips), gives me a very fair quote I say ok let's do it , he says it will be week to week n half ok no problem , this was a Tuesday , get a call the following Friday said it will be done monday ok no big deal, get a call monday claiming I need a new rear bumper as its been apparently painted to many times prior , I go see it looks fine to me I said that's an insurance thing talk to them im not buying one; insurance calls tells me it's fine will work perfectly, body shop calls says it will be done Tuesday, Tuesday it goes for 3m I go there to look at it and again dust everywhere in the paint , sand marks , and various other things he tells me a few hours it'll he back, next day told now it's Friday, get and email Thursday night saying car is ready for pick up a agree to come Friday morning a take for 3m myself they agreed as well, arrive this morning to more excuses saying it won't be done until 3pm today, knowing my work hours and not being able to go look they say they will drop off to 3m shop and I can take it from there (they close at 4 and all weekend)
    I think they are avoiding me seeing the car again in hopes 3m will hide any flaws , I haven't paid for anything yet and won't until it's perfect, but we are now on the 5th time of "fixing" things ,
    What would any of you do in this scenario ?
    Can you believe there is not even one fucking period in this entire blurb?

My Ride
    Harley Nightster

^ lol

My Ride
    Blue boy

TLDR, holy wall of text batman

A) There's a question mark on his question. That's a plus.

B) Find another body shop. Get a quote on what repairs cost and then small claims. But you better have good pictures, etc.

C) You get what you pay for with no reviews from other previous clients, it's a risk.

My Ride

Lol sorry phones messed up and keeps freezing and shutting me down when I try and add one so I just didn't

My Ride
    Genesis 2.0T

My Ride
    Bang Bus

Which body shop?

My Ride
    1290SDR, 701SM

Post up the body shop, that's horrible. Take it to a reputable shop, you do not need to use a shop the insurance company wants you to use.

I have used Maranellos in the past and they have been fantastic.

My Ride
    03 SVT Cobra

You know your allowed to take it where ever you want for the repairs.......

My Ride

I know I can take it wherever , I only agreed because it was close to work and got me in next day.
    And didn't have rental coverage at the time . I used Maranellos for my e90 2 years ago was fantastic work, should have stuck with it , my mistake there.

To add to the bullshit, I finally get the car back today and see a massive dent on the drivers side of the roof, I mention it to the owner he says Nope wasn't us it was there already, but it looks like someone did it on purpose at the shop ,
    I have a couple dents on the roof that were there but hardly noticed, I may be thinking extra wrong of them, but im sure they got annoyed because im super fussy , and they've had it 5 times for same issues, but then again I have every right to be when my car is getting repaired and comes back looking worse each time .

I spoke with my insurance adjuster after going back and forth for awhile he agreed to pay for the dent to be pulled at my place of choosing.

I am now finding more poor quality work, therefore I am done with this shop and going to be dealing with the adjuster again, to either get cut a cheque to go somewhere myself, and eliminate the incompetence of them all together. After that part is resolved I will post shop name, for now ill say it's near chinook off 58th ave and sort of Blackfoot .

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

pretty much any body shop that tells you that they can get you in the next day is probably the biggest red flag there is.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride

Originally posted by spikerS
    pretty much any body shop that tells you that they can get you in the next day is probably the biggest red flag there is.
    Ya, I guess I wasn't thinking logically, it was scratches no dents or full blown panel repairs or anything crazy required.
    Figured anyone with a spray gun should be able to handle it , and insurance said they warranty the work through them if im not happy with it , 1 return is whatever not a big deal mistakes happen, 5 times is to many
    Last edited by italianstylez; 06-13-2015 at 08:02 AM.

Originally posted by spikerS
    I can't get in to see my barber (3 days), dog groomer (1 week), chiro (2 days), doctor (2 days) or mechanic (even for an oil chg is a few days) for next day work.

A bodyshop should be booked for weeks if not months says the guy who went to.... A1! Twice! And was never impressed. Loving my glass house and marginal paint job. I was the same, small job, why bother the best in Calgary?
    Last edited by CanmoreOrLess; 06-13-2015 at 10:33 AM.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Is Mar posting under a new username??

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Places like A1 are volume based body shops that specialize in getting cars in and out as fast as possible while doing very average (I'm being generous here) quality work. Basically just enough to pass the test of the average car owner that would be blinded/satisfied by simply a clean presentation when the work is done. People that are anal about their car's appearance will quickly find that the prep work is poor, instead of removing trim prior to spraying these area's are simply masked which results in paint flaking within a year or two around window/door seals/trim.

You are better off going to a quality place Maranello who won't be able to get you in quickly but will at least do a proper job.

Originally posted by HiTempguy1
    Is Mar posting under a new username??

Substitute paint work for Veloster and body shop for dealer and what do you get

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Is there a reason why a piss poor place like this isnt named so that other owners can avoid it?

My Ride

I don't wanna name the shop yet ... Incase my adjuster somehow sees this and then tells me to fly a kite for bad mouthing the shop lol
    Just avoid all shops around the Tim Hortons on 58th Ave and 4th St se lol

My Ride
    Ford F150

Maranellos just did my F150. Amazing work. No issues at all.

Go there.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast