Quantcast
Confirmed - What Beyond already knew about BMW drivers - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Confirmed - What Beyond already knew about BMW drivers

Default Confirmed - What Beyond already knew about BMW drivers

may or may not be a repost as it looks like post is from 1/15 haha but still found it funny.

http://www.galwaydailynews.com/2015/...rship-asshole/

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

might as well post a link from The Onion ....

My Ride
    550i, X5

I actually try to be more courteous on the road because I feel like the majority of people around me already assume I'm a dink. People definitely waved me in more when I had the Subie lol

Biggest douche, non-signalling, changing lanes 15 times drivers on the road for me...Ford F150's. Always those grey haired, used-to-be contractor turned foreman that doesn't even need a truck type fellas.

Earlier this week I followed a guy in a BRAND new F150 from Copperfield up 52nd to 68th (we just happened to be heading the same direction, I wasn't actually following him)...this guy did not signal ONCE...in rush hour at 7:30am. Not once. Changed lanes probably 10 times, right in front of people, never signalling a single time.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Of course, a perfectly good explanation is boring, so the answer is, it's fucking voodoo.

My Ride
    GLS63 AMG

Lol@the comments as well

I've been looking at getting a e60 M5 "for the wife" but the 09/10's are out of our budget and the 06-08 aren't supposed to be as reliable or are higher mileage, the car also has to be Alpine white and be auto (so have the SMG trans), I don't believe that if I purchased the car it would turn me into a toolbag, I guess I can be a pretty aggressive driver but I am a signal nazi and you won't see me trying to cut through medians because I'm about to miss my exit/turn.

Personally I think it's something people are born with or a mentality acquired from how they were raised /grew up.

My Ride
    rubbish

I find you can usually tell who's an asshole by their driving position, more so than the badge on their car. Gangsta lean, limp wrist on top of wheel, left hand at 2 o'clock, etc

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by E46..sTyLez
    I actually try to be more courteous on the road because I feel like the majority of people around me already assume I'm a dink. People definitely waved me in more when I had the Subie lol

Biggest douche, non-signalling, changing lanes 15 times drivers on the road for me...Ford F150's. Always those grey haired, used-to-be contractor turned foreman that doesn't even need a truck type fellas.

Earlier this week I followed a guy in a BRAND new F150 from Copperfield up 52nd to 68th (we just happened to be heading the same direction, I wasn't actually following him)...this guy did not signal ONCE...in rush hour at 7:30am. Not once. Changed lanes probably 10 times, right in front of people, never signalling a single time.

Dodges are a close second ( though perhaps only because there are more F 150's on the road than literally every other car in existence).

As a general rule people who drive trucks like to think they own the road, drive whatever speed they want, merge whenever they want, and ride whoever asses they want. We all know the guy who likes to go 100 in an 60 or 80 zone and then continues to drive 100 when the speed opens to 110 a la 16th ave to HWY 1

I make a point to remain as far away from pickup drivers as possible. Doubly when they are lifted.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

BMW drivers are much more courteous than anyone in a Dodge Ram

Originally posted by 86max
    I find you can usually tell who's an asshole by their driving position, more so than the badge on their car. Gangsta lean, limp wrist on top of wheel, left hand at 2 o'clock, etc
    Alright I'm interested, what does each one of these say about the driver?

gangsta lean being obvious

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by btimbit
    Alright I'm interested, what does each one of these say about the driver?
    Right hand at 12 means they have zero clue how to drive a stick.

My Ride
    changes every year

LOL you guys are hilarious with your stereotypes. I'm a 12 o clock left gripper, only because it's more comfortable than a right gripper, and clearly, I can't drive stick if I'm driving with the right.

I'm only a douche on the road when someone is clearly being a douche to me and ya, 99% of the time, it's a truck. It doesn't matter what you drive, if you're a douche, you drive like a douche in any car you can afford.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by 86max
    THIS!! & also agreed on typical Dodge Ram owners. They are like BMW owners, with bad credit.

That said, civic owners aren't the best either with regards to trying to gymkhana around everyone in rush hour. Heck, anyone in a sport compact can be bad for that.
    Last edited by Hallowed_point; 06-17-2015 at 03:51 PM.

My Ride
    EG6

I would rather buy a beer for a BMW owner than let another god damn cab into traffic! Those guys are ass hole who think they own the road because they chose to take that job to make money, still got to share the road...and stop double parking in front of Palliser Hotel during rush hour.
    If you get angry at my post please re-read as a joke or sarcasm.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Any German brand SUV - giant douche drivers.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    2006 Cadillac CTS-V, 97 328IS, 97 M3 2010 135i,

When I bought my wife her BMW 135i, I told her people would not be courteous to her any more. She had driven a Cadillac CTS. Sure enough every second day she is complaining about pickup trucks bump drafting her. She is not a slow driver either. Most of her complaints are to do with pickups. I do have to say that just watching, lifted pickups are the worst.
    I had a guy driving a diesel pulling a trailer wanting to race me. I was driving my E36 LSX swap.
    I have a bit more class.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by killramos

Dodges are a close second ( though perhaps only because there are more F 150's on the road than literally every other car in existence).

As a general rule people who drive trucks like to think they own the road, drive whatever speed they want, merge whenever they want, and ride whoever asses they want. We all know the guy who likes to go 100 in an 60 or 80 zone and then continues to drive 100 when the speed opens to 110 a la 16th ave to HWY 1

I make a point to remain as far away from pickup drivers as possible. Doubly when they are lifted.
    I alternate driving my pickup and my bmw. Double Asshole. Prada sunglasses always come out to complete the look in either vehicle.

My Ride
    G37X

Those hairdresser sunglasses I can't believe that men are still wearing them haha. Same with true religions and pointy shoes. The 'bag swag attire of choice. Yelled at a BMW owner yesterday for not signalling and almost getting t boned "turn signal, use it!" (Insert confused yuppie face) heh

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

Bought an E92 M3 a month ago and I already feel like a douchier driver.

The top (12 O'clock) of the steering wheel is definitely more worn than any other area from the previous owner
    Originally posted by 89coupe
    I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.

My Ride
    2010 S4

Originally posted by Canmorite

The top (12 O'clock) of the steering wheel is definitely more worn than any other area from the previous owner
    Yeah I certainly take more liberties since getting my S4

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by Canmorite

nice cars especially E92s. Congrats man. Don't be a douche though. I'll bet the turn signal stalk looks factory fresh as well.

Who the hell drives a performance car with the gangsta 12 o clock hand position. That gives you zero control. Oh wait, douches who buy them just to blast through straightaways cutting everyone off bumping euro trash techno.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

Hey guys, looking for a little legal advice today. I'm located in Canada so keep that in mind if the laws regarding this are different here. So here begins the story. I got my car fully restored last summer and now park my car in two spots(width wise) in public parkings lot where possible to prevent all the dings that had accumulated on the car before from people recklessly opening their doors and bashing them into mine. Since I began doing this I kind of assumed there would be someone who would feel the need to tell me what a asshole I am. Up until yesterday I never had a issue, not even a disgruntled look. But yesterday I came out of the gym in the evening to an empty parking lot, the same as how it looked when I parked, except my car was eclipsed by a piece of crap truck parked inches from my car. I was pretty unimpressed to say the least, it was obvious this was done on purpose. Fortunately there was a phone number on the truck for some business purpose so I called it and asked if this was their truck. They said it was and that his brother was driving it so I requested he call him and tell him to come move it and to smarten up with a few extra choice words in between. He said he would call him right away. I waited 5-10 minutes and nobody came. So I climbed in the passenger side and pulled out very carefully. Then I popped the trunk, grabbed my baseball bat and proceeded to send this guys passenger side mirror to the moon

Full story:
    http://jalopnik.com/ultimate-level-b...-pi-1713911021

Original thread:
    http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...ing-lot-mayhem

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Douche-150 v Douche-e38

What a court case that would be
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast