Quantcast
Non-Adwords/PPC Marketing? - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-Adwords/PPC Marketing?

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

to be fair, i'd probably never buy a spence diamond... especially after they reneged on the vote to abolish the scream

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Originally posted by syscal
    Yea, really hilarious. The guy is saying that business needs to pick up and you flat out tell him you'll use anyone else...for what reason? don't be an ass. I don't know the guy but from what I read, even in this thread, I'd call him for the work.
    I straight up wouldn't based on how he's acting here. I don't buy into the "people are different in real life vs online" so I take people at face value.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    Most people these days also run ad-blockers in their web browsers, specifically because they dislike ads. Just offering a different viewpoint.
    No they don't. Looking at my network of sites, under 10% of traffic has adblockers enabled.

Tons of people use them (myself included), but from what I see, it isn't "most".

My Ride
    Ford F150

I hear a dozen Spence diamonds ads a day. For years. And when it came time to drop a years worth of house rent on an engagement ring, I went to Justin. Because he was very positively reviewed on Beyond, he was a sponsor, and he was easybto talk to on the forums.

Advertising is great, but don't underestimate how much business you can get from this site. I've spent so many tens of thousands of dollars at beyond sponsors and recommended businesses. Be a spokesman for your business. Learn some business accumen.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

Originally posted by ercchry
    to be fair, i'd probably never buy a spence diamond... especially after they reneged on the vote to abolish the scream
    Exactly what I mean haha. The places that advertise so heavily and in the most annoying fashions are almost *NEVER* the best places to go for anything.

Originally posted by A790

No they don't. Looking at my network of sites, under 10% of traffic has adblockers enabled.

Tons of people use them (myself included), but from what I see, it isn't "most".
    Fair enough, I can only speak for the people I know. So many of them use one that I figured it would be more common. You would have a better idea than I would about the rest of the population given your line of work.

Originally posted by CompletelyNumb
    I hear a dozen Spence diamonds ads a day. For years. And when it came time to drop a years worth of house rent on an engagement ring, I went to Justin. Because he was very positively reviewed on Beyond, he was a sponsor, and he was easybto talk to on the forums.

Advertising is great, but don't underestimate how much business you can get from this site. I've spent so many tens of thousands of dollars at beyond sponsors and recommended businesses. Be a spokesman for your business. Learn some business accumen.
    Exactly

The last place on earth I would go for a diamond is Spence, that is a good example.

Anytime I can, I do business with a beyond sponsor/member. It's easy to find reviews, the person is usually easy to communicate with, and they are more likely to go the extra mile to get a positive review. I've done everything from mortgage renewals and insurance to landscaping and home renovations using people on these forums.

Some people may not like his posts, but if you read the reviews on his actual business, it sounds like he does a great job with Junk Removal. I'd have no problem using him. I'd bet the majority of members here are much nicer people in person than online

Originally posted by killramos

Probably not such a good use of money considering his propensity to piss people off on here
    Everybody I've pissed off on here, I've made happy in real life and that is a fact, and if you only knew... your head would spin

Originally posted by TomcoPDR
    We need to help heavyfuel respin into a more softer image. Rebrand. The Junk Fairies, tutu uniforms.
    Yes! Pink trucks too. With rainbows and lollipops lol

Originally posted by A790
    TBH guys Vince is a stand up guy. He can be a bit... crass... on beyond, but when it comes to business he's as good as it gets. I've used him a bunch of times both personally and for Neatfreak.

If you need a junk guy, call him. You'll be genuinely impressed with how he does business.
    That's why shit is so frustrating for me, I show up, get it done, charge reasonably, yet I still can't function like a real business.

Originally posted by blitz

I straight up wouldn't based on how he's acting here. I don't buy into the "people are different in real life vs online" so I take people at face value.
    That's ok, I don't need beer money from you, and if you go the other way and spend twice what I would charge to get off berating uniformed franchise $14 an hour junk haulers, then have at 'er. And I certainly, don't care where you live lol and just the fact that you would concern yourself over that, tells me that you know you can be an asshole and piss people off probably even better than I can.

Originally posted by ercchry

thats for sure!

how is it holding up by the way? if i remember correctly you splurged for the high quality material?
    Absolutely awesome. I continually get stares, laughs, conversations and questions about my company wherever I go with it. I'll be parked by a school and little kids will walk by and say "That's Dave the Tile Guy" as if Im supposed to BE somebody!

In my business, there are a TON of owner/ops, but very few with proper signage. Most are beat up vans and trucks. I went to a trade seminar and there were about 20 contractors there. Mine was the only one with signage. And I got a juicy contract from that fact alone that day.

I quite often get random people in cars driving by me, waving madly and smiling. I never know who they are, but I suspect a lot of beyonders lol.

My Ride
    '18 Murano

It's also a sense of legitimacy to your business and makes it seem like you're not just a guy with a truck.

I have a pile of melamine and plywood cuttings that I need to get rid of and I'm sure as hell not calling him. I really don't want him to know where I live.
    Well I may not be too impressed with some of his responses here, but several well-respected Beyonders have used him, and sung his praises, so I'd certainly give him business. Speaking of which, check your PMs HeavyFuel.

Originally posted by The_Penguin

Well I may not be too impressed with some of his responses here, but several well-respected Beyonders have used him, and sung his praises, so I'd certainly give him business. Speaking of which, check your PMs HeavyFuel.
    Thank you! Just replied.
    Last edited by heavyfuel; 06-23-2015 at 05:19 PM.

Google analytics? lol

You want to be on Google's front page, then your going to have to pay for it.

My Ride
    Volvo S60 & Jeep GC

So what did he say that convinced you that he is untrustworthy and shouldn't know where you live? Are you scared he's going to rob you, or just beat you up? I have a feeling you are different online, in that you are less judgmental of people in real life. Or, maybe not and you're just one of those assholes who wants to feel superior by saying things like that?

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Originally posted by GTS4tw

So what did he say that convinced you that he is untrustworthy and shouldn't know where you live? Are you scared he's going to rob you, or just beat you up? I have a feeling you are different online, in that you are less judgmental of people in real life. Or, maybe not and you're just one of those assholes who wants to feel superior by saying things like that?
    I didn't say he was untrustworthy; he seems good at what he does, the living thing was a joke indicated by

But he always seems angry, and upset, and he tends to lash out at people. I don't want to deal with people like that. I like the calm respectable type.

Maybe that's the issue here. His prices are good, he's good at what he does, yet he's having problems. Attitude and customer service are huge factors that it appears he needs to work on.

Originally posted by Seth1968
    Google analytics? lol

You want to be on Google's front page, then your going to have to pay for it.
    Au contraire. Do a search for "junk removal Calgary" or "Calgary junk removal" and I am on the first page, have been for years. This is a major like 90% part of the reason I believe adwords is not the solution. You tell me:

What about changing the wording? Change "Cost Efficient" to "Cheap and Fast. Schedule a pickup for as little as $150" or something if you try another campaign. No idea if you tried that. Make sure the ad links to a webpage made just for that ad, people can find the rest of the info on your site, just make sure it's not going to the front page of your site. Again, no idea if you did that (also, I'm not exactly an authority on this), looks like you had a few options in there so I'm only looking at the one in the screenshot you posted.

I feel like I want cost efficient IT solutions or accountants but I want someone to just get this shit off my front lawn like yesterday...

Your website reflects that.

Hopefully one of the ideas posted in this thread helps. I've gone-through/am-going through the same thing, keep an open mind even if it sounds like a broken record. Some variation will give you a lightbulb moment.

He just posted he can't function as a business... Yep.. Let that sink in for a bit. It's getting sadder and sadder.

I didn't say he was untrustworthy; he seems good at what he does, the living thing was a joke indicated by

But he always seems angry, and upset, and he tends to lash out at people. I don't want to deal with people like that. I like the calm respectable type.

Maybe that's the issue here. His prices are good, he's good at what he does, yet he's having problems. Attitude and customer service are huge factors that it appears he needs to work on.
    This post almost comes across as him asking for hand outs. Poor me.. Boo hoo hoo.. What can I do? Nothing seems to work.. Customer service could go a long way...

Originally posted by syscal
    What about changing the wording? Change "Cost Efficient" to "Cheap and Fast. Schedule a pickup for as little as $150"
    Great ideas in theory, here's how they wouldn't work for me however.

The very word "cheap", as well as few more words, I make a stern point not to use anywhere under any circumstances. Some words just scream Kijiji work for beer money shit, and "cheap" is one of them. I don't think an Aspen baller (yes I have dozens of such regulars) with a 7 figure income wants a truck with the word "cheap" on it in his driveway. Sure he doesn't wanna pay an arm and a leg, no one does but image is everything to some and at work I have to respect that.

"Pickup as little as $xxx" is suicide in my line of work. There are guys out there literally working for beer money, no inusrance, no wcb, cash only, tax dodging lowballing scum who will do a $200 job for $40 and $150 is already too much of a minimum these days for anyone not calling a big franchise to begin with.

Originally posted by gwill

This post almost comes across as him asking for hand outs. Poor me.. Boo hoo hoo.. What can I do? Nothing seems to work.. Customer service could go a long way...
    Here's some customer service for you. Breakfast on the house.

Some really good suggestions in here, specifically the vehicle advertising. I know you said you tried it but i think you should revisit it. Like roopi said, when you get a call about shitty driving just tell them "thanks for the call, i will take it up with the driver" then hang up and move on with your life. Don't take it personally and get pissed off.

It just makes you seem more legit. You keep mentioning "the kijiji beer money" guys, but honestly if someone shows up without a branded truck i will always lump them into that group regardless of how good your service is.

anyways just my thoughts on this. good luck with it.

My Ride
    '18 Murano

I agree with Heavy about the use of the word cheap, I'd avoid that too.

Definitely agree with the others about signage on the vehicle. I'd bet Pete the Plumber and Two Small Men would tell you they got a metric shitload of business from that. Probably the 1800gotjunk guys too, that signage is so bold and in your face you can't no notice them.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast