Quantcast
What is this worth? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: What is this worth?

Default What is this worth?

Picked up a used dolly tonight via a Kijiji ad and while in the seller's garage, I spotted something that probably has way more value than the individual is asking for it.

The whole set-up included...

a 9210 BG VIA™ Vehicle Injection Apparatus™ (650ml cannister))

a 9206 BG AIS Cleaning Tool...

a BG Single Remote 9210 Flexible HLDR No. 9245s

and a compressed air tank upon which all of this was mounted/hung from on what appeared to be a stainless steel pole apparatus one might see in an operating room.

Now I'm not that much of a car guy to really know what this is but it is apparent from some Google searches that this is not your every day garden variety type of backyard mechanic stuff - as such, are there any Beyond members who know what this stuff might really be worth and if I were to purchase it, would it be difficult to sell?

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Tell me about the compressor tank lol. I just picked a small household 1hp one. I could use a decent tank for, but I assume the tank you have is quite small, and probably 130 max psi rated.

The vehicle injection canister I'd be happy to buy off of you. I can use that here at the farm.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

Toss me a number, I can pick it up tomorrow.
    Will fuck off, again.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

^Sure I'll Pm it to you. Also, if he has other shit too, please let me know. I'd be happy to pick up a boat load of stuff if he has anything else of value.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

It looks like a smoke machine used to detect vacuum leaks etc. basically you hook in the air compressor on one side, turn on the smoke, inject it into a vacuum line or some closed system on your car. if you see smoke coming out, you have a leak.

This is the one we have in my shop

http://redlinedetection.com/collecti...pro-total-tech
    jordanturbo is like herpes... Always coming back for more

Originally posted by boarderfatty
    It looks like a smoke machine used to detect vacuum leaks etc. basically you hook in the air compressor on one side, turn on the smoke, inject it into a vacuum line or some closed system on your car. if you see smoke coming out, you have a leak.

This is the one we have in my shop

http://redlinedetection.com/collecti...pro-total-tech
    What it looks like and what it is are two different things - link.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Wagonmaster Distributors is the supplier of BG Products. Give them a ring to see what the value is?Just call and say Hi I'm From Sunridge Nissan, can I get a price for the following.

On a sidenote, when I worked at Nissan, the techs definately had that BG Via for the Injector flushes so it wouldn't be hard to sell it to a car dealership perhaps.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    s13

Used for Both Injector OR Emissions cleaning.
    Last edited by Scope951; 06-20-2015 at 12:46 AM.
    Originally posted by know1edge
    Trollception. MGCM used CapnCrunch's troll and inverted that troll attempt into another troll attempt getting ya'll to believe that he's serious... However, maybe ya'll are trollceptioning me into believing that you believe him. What you don't know is that I was trollceptioning ya'll into believing that I believed you believed the OP that believed CapnCrunch.

Graham's got dibs.
    Will fuck off, again.

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-04-2020 at 10:04 PM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

Rat Fink - you no doubt have some valid points but there's plenty of chatter in other car forums of this apparatus having a positive effect on people's vehicles.

VW Vortex forum, Bimmerfest, TorqueCars - there's plenty of other auto enthusiast forums/sites which appear to tote the benefits of the aforementioned apparatus.

Like I said previously, I'm not that much of a car guy but there seems to be people out there that believe that this apparatus will benefit their cars when used properly. Anyhow, Graham - PM me if you're still interested, do some reading first to make sure it's not just snake oil though in your opinion.

BTW, the 3 pieces pictured above have a retail value that is considerably more than zero - confirmed with a BG rep. I think the questions is whether or not the process is actually producing quantifiable results.

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-04-2020 at 10:04 PM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

Where is this house? Up center street in the NW?
    Watched a guy sell off a full mechanic diagnostic computer out of his garage. Guy was likely stealing from dealerships but no substantial proof.

Just curious.

Originally posted by mr2mike
    Where is this house? Up center street in the NW?
    Watched a guy sell off a full mechanic diagnostic computer out of his garage. Guy was likely stealing from dealerships but no substantial proof.

Just curious.
    Nope.