Quantcast
Toma's Dyno Day June 21 - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Toma's Dyno Day June 21

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

I thought Toma didn't allow diesels on his dyno? Dirty and loud and douchebags and such.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

Originally posted by SKR
    I thought Toma didn't allow diesels on his dyno? Dirty and loud and douchebags and such.
    Correct, he was kicking himself but oh well, what's done is done.

We'll all be back for more once your ready Toma, thanks again for running the event and inviting us all out to break your stuff!

Tagged #beyondca on the few IG pictures and a run of the ZL575 car

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by sr20s14zenki
    Its called wear and tear. it happens. the amount of cars that have been on that dyno is staggering to say the least. Shit happens.
    Yup! What a blast. lol. The rat rod is one bad ass mofo, and why I agreed to do it, despite the long standing "no Diesel trucks" rule lol.

Compound turbos? Check. Nitrous? check. 3000 pound death machine? check. haha. Being that my dyno could load it and "brake boost it" prior to the hit, I bet the 611 rwhp run was close to 1500 lb ft torque.

Quite honestly, we were lucky with the lack of drama from the failure. Could have been worse.

I bought that Dyno used in 2008, it was only a year old. Upon inspection, the broken shaft turns out was repaired previously (sleeved), and shows evidence of being cracked a while. I take care of it well, bearings are mint still after many thousands of runs.

The roller is at a machine shop, and parts from Aussie land on a plane.today, so should be back up within a week, I called someone to come and crack check the remaining shafts.

Its due for new rollers (getting a bit smoothe), but they are 3 weeks or more away....maybe winter upgrade.

Thanks for coming out and eating my food bitches! Sorry about the rain, but at least we had tents and a tv out there this year haha.
    Last edited by Toma; 06-23-2015 at 06:07 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Good to see you'll be back up and running soon!
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Toma. If you need any machining done, let me know. I'll do as much as I can. Soon I'll need some tuning on my power wheel chair, same with my one of my trucks.

I'll have to pm you at some point to check for any openings you may have.
    Last edited by Graham_A_M; 06-24-2015 at 12:05 AM.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

im gona go ahead and assume im not invited back to your dyno... ever. but if the car still perks your interest, ill have a bigger injection pump that is capable of 1300hp by the time your up and running again, and i promise to have the nitrous IN the car next time rather than do it 'ghetto fog' style whada ya say.... buuuuuddy!?
    ^these opinions are not unlike my lower intestine... stinky, and loaded with danger!

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by turbo minivan
    im gona go ahead and assume im not invited back to your dyno... ever. but if the car still perks your interest, ill have a bigger injection pump that is capable of 1300hp by the time your up and running again, and i promise to have the nitrous IN the car next time rather than do it 'ghetto fog' style whada ya say.... buuuuuddy!?
    hahaha.... Im not sure lol. It should hold whatever you can throw at it physically, worst that SHOULD happen is you over power the brake.

But the fact that I couldn't even see the back of my small shop from the smoke.... lol. that's definitely a deal breaker. Ive inhaled enough fumes in my career. lol

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Originally posted by Toma

hahaha.... Im not sure lol. It should hold whatever you can throw at it physically, worst that SHOULD happen is you over power the brake.

But the fact that I couldn't even see the back of my small shop from the smoke.... lol. that's definitely a deal breaker. Ive inhaled enough fumes in my career. lol
    Can you run some hose or tubing off the exhaust and out the door?

You should let this guy use your dyno.

2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    Z

Originally posted by Graham_A_M
    Toma. If you need any machining done, let me know. I'll do as much as I can. Soon I'll need some tuning on my power wheel chair, same with my one of my trucks.

I'll have to pm you at some point to check for any openings you may have.
    good luck. I called, emailed, pmed, tried to book through the site, and got absolutely nowhere. Gave up and booked with autodream for next week
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by g-m
    good luck. I called, emailed, pmed, tried to book through the site, and got absolutely nowhere. Gave up and booked with autodream for next week
    Yup, due to dyno being down, Im taking a break for a week .... or so. lol.

Once its up, online schedule will be back up. No sense having it up without a definite timeline for repair.

My Ride
    Z

First email I sent was June 2 and tried the various forms of communication since then. Don't know what to tell you, I really wanted you to do the tune but I never got a response from any form of communication. Emails, voicemail, the site comments, etc. I'm just at a loss of how to contact you.

If I can make an appointment then I'll cancel my autodream appointment
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by g-m
    First email I sent was June 2 and tried the various forms of communication since then. Don't know what to tell you, I really wanted you to do the tune but I never got a response from any form of communication. Emails, voicemail, the site comments, etc. I'm just at a loss of how to contact you.

If I can make an appointment then I'll cancel my autodream appointment
    Honestly can't help you. I'd REALLY like to help everyone, but it's simply impossible. Beside my online schedule, I also had a ton of "on the side" favours, and I simply couldn't/can't keep up.

I HOPE the dyno will be back up mid next week, and then to clear the back log, the ones that had to be cancelled etc will be a nightmare, and our summer is short. Hell, I have 4 cars in the shop all waiting on tunes, and a half dozen "must be done before ....xxx "

Quite honestly, I wasn't even going to tune this year, my "real job" doubled in responsibility , and I had a couple real jack ass customers last year put a foul taste in my mouth to this hobby turned seasonal on the side business. Quite frankly, I don't understand how the hell a guy like me, that cant answer the 40 calls a day, so gave up trying, the 20 emails a day, the 50 texts a day, so gave up trying... how the hell I can still be so busy. I actually pray for no shows, so I can have a night off, and work on my own stuff lol.

So, my apologizes to everyone, there's only one of me, and the best way if you have a car ready to tune, sound mechanically, will still be to just book yourself in online, once I have a "go" day.

Summer is short, go get your car tuned by whomever is fastest, so you can at least enjoy some of this weather. That's all the advice I can give you today.

My Ride
    G37X

I kind of wonder how you can't make it a full time gig Toma. I know the season is short, but if it's that busy why not just do tuning for 7 months? Take the rest of the year off of work somewhere warm for a few months? You're already your own boss with a facility. Or is it more not wanting to ruin a hobby by making it a "job?" I get that perspective.

I feel the same way at work often. Everyone wants a piece of you right now if you're good at what you do. Only so many hours a day and you have to eat and have a life as well. Something's gotta give!

I'll say that you're the only tuner guy I trust as I find that you're very conscientious of what you're doing instead of just a "fuck it, let's see what this does oops!" Kind of a guy. You give a shit about your work and it shows!

My Ride
    91 soarer 1j r154

a cheesy photo

killer by mat nimmo, on Flickr

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2