Quantcast
Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2015-2016 Edition - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2015-2016 Edition

My Ride
    2013 GTR BE, 2010 Jeep SRT8

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

As opposed to the pre-planned, contractually obligated injures?
    LOL I meant ones like concussions and ones that can flair up again and will never be 100% ... you got me!

Originally posted by roopi

No hate for Gio from me. He's not my favorite but I still like him. Do I like the contract? Don't mind it but would prefer a bit shorter term but he has to protect himself as well.

Thanks for the compliment on my google skills as well. Definitely not the same injuries reoccurring however I still consider it a history of injuries. Not worth arguing IMO though.
    Shorter term would have been nice but I'm thinking he was asking 5 years at 8 mil, and still got it (deserved) but restructured for one more year and helped the team with the lower overall cap hit, this kind of attitude shows other players up for contracts how its done to help your team win, for every Gio there is a Phanuef or Semin who just care about the money.

In the last 2 years of the contract he may not be worth the $, but he may be, if not we can trade and retain salary, or just compliance buyout if the NHL makes them available again.

Anyways, I really like the signing and Gio as a person on and off the ice, and some of you may not, thats fine. No use bickering over it here. See you at the Dome in less than a month!!

My Ride

Originally posted by spikerS

Tell you what, I will pull some data for you.

Gio's best year, arguably, was last season, even with his injury. He put up some pretty good numbers, and they are what save him when it comes to the stats pulled from NHL.com

All this data is from the 2006-2007 season to present.

Goals scored - ranked 76th in defensemen because of his 2014-2015 season. 75 defensemen have scored more goals in a season.

Power Play Points - Ranked 30th in defensemen

Penalty Kill - ranked 32nd in defensemen

Time on ice - 169th among defensemen

Blocked shots - ranked 30th (from 2010-2011 campaign and Kris Russel is ranked 1st in that whole time frame in this category with 283 blocked shots last year)

so, his stats are good, but there are a lot that are better too.

Like I said, I like Gio, and I am not upset at the signing, but I am not looking to suck his dick like you and offer him the world and trying to pass him off as the best thing ever and hate on anyone that doesn't agree with me.
    awww... cute and butthurt, I get it you dont like him, 99% of Calgarians do and are pleased with this new contract and him as a person. Gio has gotten better pretty much every year since he joined us, was underpaid in his last contract so is deserving of this new one based on his general progression.

Agree to disagree, dont got time to argue with part time fans

My Ride
    NC1

We had a guy who played every game on defense. Do you guys prefer to have him back?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

If you think Gio's contract isn't good value... wait until the 2016 UFA period and see what kind of money Seabrook and Byfuglien gets.
    As an example, Kris Letang has an even higher chance of suffering an injury than Gio, and yet is making more money. He is younger, but can't see him having a long career. The salary cap landscape is a lot different now than it was a few years ago and 1st pairing D will get paid handsomely.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by dawwgy

awww... cute and butthurt, I get it you dont like him, 99% of Calgarians do and are pleased with this new contract and him as a person. Gio has gotten better pretty much every year since he joined us, was underpaid in his last contract so is deserving of this new one based on his general progression.

Agree to disagree, dont got time to argue with part time fans
    so, you read nothing? ok you are just trolling. If you won't accept the facts, nothing is going to help your bandwagoning, especially when you have to resort to insults.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Honda Civic

Not sure if this was mentioned yet because I quickly skimmed through the last two pages but despite the injury history Giordano has piled up, I don't think his age matters too much because he was a late bloomer; he only has 510 NHL games on his belt at the age of 31 so I think he's got a lot more gas in the tank compared to someone who started playing in the NHL at a younger age.

I personally think this is a fantastic contract.

My Ride

Originally posted by spikerS

so, you read nothing? ok you are just trolling. If you won't accept the facts, nothing is going to help your bandwagoning, especially when you have to resort to insults.
    Yup total banwagoner, you got me, anyone that knows me knows I've been a die-hard flames fan since the 80's... But yeah keep using that word ... Anyways, let's not cloud up this thread with your pointless Google "facts" and your hate for Gio and and his more than reasonable contract k thx

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by dawwgy

Yup total banwagoner, you got me, anyone that knows me knows I've been a die-hard flames fan since the 80's... But yeah keep using that word ... Anyways, let's not cloud up this thread with your pointless Google "facts" and your hate for Gio and and his more than reasonable contract k thx
    I have presented facts, and my opinion. You have chosen to troll and resort to derogatory name calling with nothing to refute my claims backed by facts because you say so.

Welcome to my ignore list.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Horse

Let's look at Gio's per game totals though.

Since the 2010-2011 season Giordano is 18th in TOI/PG at 23:56 beating players such as OEL, McDonagh, Seabrook, and Byfuglien. He's a valuable minute muncher.

Last year he was 3rd in Points/60 among defensemen with a minimum of 41 games played with 1.88. Beaten out by Kevin Shattenkirk and Mike Green. 17th in that stat since 2010-2011. 2nd in that stat looking at the last two seasons, and 10th overall in points for Dmen over those seasons. Serious contender for the Norris in 2013-2014 and easily the favourite up until his injury in 2014-2015. We got all of this performance plus his leadership for a very cheap price tag on his previous deal and we've now locked it up for a reasonable price for the forseeable future.

Gio is an elite defenseman, there's no way around it. One of the best in his own end, he still manages to put up a lot of points, can't say that Shattenkirk or Green are as defensively sound.

I didn't look back as far as 06-07 because the guy is a late bloomer. He didn't really breakout as a standout defender until 2010-2011 and then kicked it up a notch and put up quality numbers the last two seasons.

My Ride
    Silverado

Great post. I'm looking forward to spikers eating crow come April.

I once had a different opinion than that of Spikers and according to him, that makes me an uneducated beer guzzling ignoramus. So stop arguing, you uneducated beer guzzling ignoramuses. Go Flames!

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

Anyone know offhand if there's a limit to how many tickets you can buy at once when they go on sale? For one game that is, or what the best way to get about 10 seats together, trying to sort out a bachelor party down the road.

Originally posted by 2Legit2Quit
    Anyone know offhand if there's a limit to how many tickets you can buy at once when they go on sale? For one game that is, or what the best way to get about 10 seats together, trying to sort out a bachelor party down the road.
    I've bought 8 in a row before. Never tried for more.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by 2Legit2Quit
    If you want to sit together, call the Flames ticket office and ask for group tickets. You probably don't want a row of 10, because you can't talk to anyone. With 10 people, 2 rows of 5 sitting together works way better. Anyways, Flames ticket office can help.

edit - here's the # and email (don't use the form).

http://flames.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=99859
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

Sweet, thank you guys! I'll shoot them an email and see what they say.

My Ride
    Silverado

2 year deal inked with ferland.
    y1 750,000
    y2 900,000

My Ride
    NC1

Yes Ferland!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Devils sign Shlemko

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Anybody else watching the Young Stars Jets vs Flames game?

Flames stream:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8wG...ature=youtu.be

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
    Anybody else watching the Young Stars Jets vs Flames game?

Flames stream:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8wG...ature=youtu.be
    Me me me. Good game so far.

Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast