Quantcast
Pulled over 173 stony on my bike. Best options? - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Pulled over 173 stony on my bike. Best options?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by FullFledgedYYC

I am driving out to BC next month and I know I will for sure be accelerating hard during passes. To counter the cops who are out to make a quick buck I will be riding with a radar detector and laser blocker. I normally don't have these in the city because it's just not necessary, but on the highway, sometimes you do have to speed to be safer. Any cop who tickets people for speeding while passing on a one lane is the lowest of the low. Fortunately most of the cops I know agree that ticketing for this is absolutely stupid.
    a BIG to this. when you need to pass a trailer or a trucker going 20-30 below on a single lane and you have to use the oncoming lane to legally pass. There is no way my foot is coming off that accelerator until I'm in front of the car I'm passing. In my car with a semi that can easily mean breaking 200 kph

Its still a million times safer than accelerating to the speed limit and sitting in the oncoming lane for 3 minutes.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Id love a mad max vehicle to take out people who drive 100 then jam it in the passing lanes

My Ride
    '15 Golf GTI, '10 Jetta TDI

shesh.. All these people getting off without tickets for various offences and I got pulled and ticketed yesterday in Pincher Creek for...... my front tint on my family-spec Jetta. I understand that it's a violation but.. Must have been a slow morning..

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by FullFledgedYYC
    Interesting discussion in this thread, I shall weigh in.

I am driving out to BC next month and I know I will for sure be accelerating hard during passes. To counter the cops who are out to make a quick buck I will be riding with a radar detector and laser blocker. I normally don't have these in the city because it's just not necessary, but on the highway, sometimes you do have to speed to be safer. Any cop who tickets people for speeding while passing on a one lane is the lowest of the low. Fortunately most of the cops I know agree that ticketing for this is absolutely stupid.
    Amen brother. I got nailed by the Revelstoke RCMP for passing a semi whom decided to jump back into the lane without signalling and before his lane ended. I had to floor it and cross the double solid it order to be typing this on beyond.ca today. Well what do you know, Officer Overtime Holiday Weekend is camped out on the side of the highway as they know that this is a dangerous area.

Rather than do anything to improve the safety of this obviously brutal section, let's ticket the hell out of everyone! The cherry on top was Officer OT giving me both a double solid cross AND no seatbelt ticket. (Car was off on the shoulder hazards on and I took my belt off while waiting for his speech.) I understand that police have a tough job and I"m the first one to support them 99% of the time but man this pissed me off haha

My Ride
    changes daily :D

I got screwed in BC as well, finally hit a passing zone and go to pass 2-3 cars that are all doing 5 under the speed limit. Little did I know that the front vehicle was an undercover cop. Sat and argued with him for almost 10 minutes about how it was safer to speed past vehicles then to do 5km/hr over and sit in oncoming traffic. He still gave me a 15 over ticket. oh, and I'm the model citizen when I'm pulled over. interior lights on, windows down, papers ready, and POLITE as I can possibly be!!!

on the original topic, I've been let off doing well over double the speed limit by cops; when you explain yourself and show them that your not just another retard out on the road being an idiot, sometimes they can have a lot of compassion and be really cool down to earth guys. That being said, the above cop from BC was definitely NOT one of them!!!

My Ride
    fg2

i dream of a world where you could be licensed for higher speeds based on driver training and car inspections.

driver A running a Porsche 911 with the stickiest rubber you can buy with 10 years of track driving experience should surely be allowed to travel faster than driver B who just got their license and is rolling around in a 20 year old minivan on worn out all seasons.

hell if we did that, i'd even be on board with installing GPS in vehicles and auto ticketing people who go faster than their license and car are allowed to go.

that way cops can get their revenue, and people who know what the hell they are doing and spend money on real performance vehicles dont have to drive around within speed limits that were invented when cars had bias-ply tires, shitty suspension and took 9000 feet to stop. everybody wins!

anyone up for overthrowing our government and instituting some new traffic laws?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

^

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

Last edited by Cos; 12-28-2016 at 03:10 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by dansmith11
    i dream of a world where you could be licensed for higher speeds based on driver training and car inspections.

driver A running a Porsche 911 with the stickiest rubber you can buy with 10 years of track driving experience should surely be allowed to travel faster than driver B who just got their license and is rolling around in a 20 year old minivan on worn out all seasons.

hell if we did that, i'd even be on board with installing GPS in vehicles and auto ticketing people who go faster than their license and car are allowed to go.

that way cops can get their revenue, and people who know what the hell they are doing and spend money on real performance vehicles dont have to drive around within speed limits that were invented when cars had bias-ply tires, shitty suspension and took 9000 feet to stop. everybody wins!

anyone up for overthrowing our government and instituting some new traffic laws?
    Go drive in Germany. Even with their $$$ (thousands of dollars) mandatory driver training, it doesn't matter how fast or good your car is if some moron is unable to properly judge speed (which is common) and you WILL end up rear ending a Fiat at 300kph if you drive like that consistently through traffic.

However, on a highway when there is very little or no traffic, I support drivers' discretion speed limits for proper vehicles (eg. no SUVs). You can be responsible for your own life that way. Montana had this for a while and it became quite the affair trying to enforce it however (ie. what IS reasonable and prudent).
    Last edited by revelations; 06-29-2015 at 01:27 PM.

My Ride
    NC1

When you speed, think about that small % chance of killing someone and have Traffic_Cop on scene saying, I told ya so!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Originally posted by Hallowed_point

Amen brother. I got nailed by the Revelstoke RCMP for passing a semi whom decided to jump back into the lane without signalling and before his lane ended. I had to floor it and cross the double solid it order to be typing this on beyond.ca today. Well what do you know, Officer Overtime Holiday Weekend is camped out on the side of the highway as they know that this is a dangerous area.

Rather than do anything to improve the safety of this obviously brutal section, let's ticket the hell out of everyone! The cherry on top was Officer OT giving me both a double solid cross AND no seatbelt ticket. (Car was off on the shoulder hazards on and I took my belt off while waiting for his speech.) I understand that police have a tough job and I"m the first one to support them 99% of the time but man this pissed me off haha
    What do you want the cops to do? Put on hardhats and start laying new pavement? The cop was there because its an unsafe area, and you drove unsafely in that area. So he was just doing his job from the sounds of it.

Obviously I dont know the specifics of it but couldnt you just have slowed down instead of passed the truck making an unsafe lane change?

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Originally posted by Cos
    ^^ The issue with that is the retard licensed to 85km/h will be stupid, hence why they're licensed lower, and will pull in front of the Porsche driver and no amount of experience or sticky tires can always save you.

https://youtu.be/Jl--YVnni0I?t=11m20s
    I know we've been through this before but they think their porsches and bmws can stop on a dime and are immune to roadway hazards.

Its simple physics. The greater the speed the less reaction time you have and the more kinetic energy is expelled in a collision

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by Cos
    ^^ The issue with that is the retard licensed to 85km/h will be stupid, hence why they're licensed lower, and will pull in front of the Porsche driver and no amount of experience or sticky tires can always save you.
    The guy licensed to 85km/h is going to pull into the passing lane to get by the guy licensed at 75km/h, lol.

My Ride
    something green

Originally posted by dansmith11

Just open up the driver training the police take and charge 4k for it, actually, if the police driver training is superior, and people can learn how to drive safely at high speeds, skid control etc, why isn't that our driver training base to begin with?
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by Maxt

Just open up the driver training the police take and charge 4k for it, actually, if the police driver training is superior, and people can learn how to drive safely at high speeds, skid control etc, why isn't that our driver training base to begin with?
    lol that is about the funniest thing i have heard all day. Police driver training on a pedestal. That's rich

fact.

My Ride
    something green

Originally posted by killramos

lol that is about the funniest thing i have heard all day. Police driver training on a pedestal. That's rich
    Well hey that's apparently why they can talk on a phone and type on a keyboard while driving and we can't according to the police that get questioned on the talk radio shows.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Last edited by codetrap; 01-01-2017 at 02:15 PM.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by OTown
    What do you want the cops to do? Put on hardhats and start laying new pavement? The cop was there because its an unsafe area, and you drove unsafely in that area. So he was just doing his job from the sounds of it.

Obviously I dont know the specifics of it but couldnt you just have slowed down instead of passed the truck making an unsafe lane change?
    Let's not get stupid here. You have never driven around revelstoke during the summer if you have to ask such questions.

The cop should've pulled over the semi driver for cutting into a lane unsafely well before it ended forcing myself and others to risk our lives to get around him. It was a chicken shit move and he saw the whole thing.

I had multiple people behind me and I didn't feel like having a Dodge Ram bumper up my backside. It's not an uncommon scenario. There are bad drivers who hide in truckers blind spots. And then there are sleep deprived homicidal truckers who just don't care.

Originally posted by legendboy
    Traffic_Cop:

What would you have done if you were the one who pulled me over?

What advice can you give me?
    Did you ever get a response to this, even if it was by pm? I'm curious what the response is.

My Ride
    My wife crazy!

Originally posted by 2000impreza

Did you ever get a response to this, even if it was by pm? I'm curious what the response is.
    I just saw this,

If traffic was light and just speed only, you get the pink ticket. My advice?. Go speak with a traffic agent or go see the JP's office and see if they will give you a deal prior to trial.

If traffic was fair, and you were weaving in & out of traffic etc, id lay a mandatory court charge for careless driving.

If it was heavy, and you were being weaving, using shoulders, tailgating etc, I would charge you criminally.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast