Quantcast
Pulled over 173 stony on my bike. Best options? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Pulled over 173 stony on my bike. Best options?

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

Default Pulled over 173 stony on my bike. Best options?

Hecklers welcome, I was going way to fast even though I felt it was a safe stretch of road.

Such a terrible feeling seeing the lights passing behind me in the shoulder lane. I just put my turn signal on and pulled over.

The cop was a hard ass although he did not tow my bike and allowed me to drive to work.

First thing I did was call Pointts and booked in with Charlie.
    He has come thru for me in my late teens.
    No tickets the last 15 years or so but I did lose my licence 3 times in my late teens 1 month, 6 month and 1 year.

Just looking for some feedback from fellow speeders as to what my best course of action is.

A guy from work told me to show up early to court (aug 20) and try and convince the cop to change the ticket to registered owner ticket and pay a big fine.

Charlie thinks sometime this coming winter I will end up paying a $1500 fine and a 30 day suspension.

Feedback needed asap
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

I'm more interested in where on Stoney you were busted and where/how the Cop was hiding. Not to grill you or anything, I just want to know if there's somewhere I need to be watching extra carefully.

so did you get a speeding ticket or did you get a mandatory court appearance? if it's the latter; you won't be able to go in to see a first appearance prosecutor

No kidding I drive Stoney a few times a week in the Northwest part and there are stretches where it's perfectly safe to drive that speed....harsh.

My Ride
    is broken

Read this now:
    http://fyst.ca/fyst0499.pdf

Should help you figure out what to do.
    Operator Of Beyond's Official Cardano pool.
    Magical internet money for everyone!

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

bend over
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

I seen this guy on tv all the time....Emerson Brando?

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by jacky4566
    Read this now:
    http://fyst.ca/fyst0499.pdf

Should help you figure out what to do.
    I can tell you as a former RCMP that some of that is BS.

Depending on the nature of the stop, you are far likely to get a warning with saying, "yea I was an idiot and I totally blew that stop sign, sorry constable".

However, laser traps are manned by Traffic cops who dont care AND in the situation like the OP you KNOW youre in shit and definitely should "lawyer up" immediately.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

Originally posted by Mibz
    I'm more interested in where on Stoney you were busted and where/how the Cop was hiding. Not to grill you or anything, I just want to know if there's somewhere I need to be watching extra carefully.
    they love to hide under the bridge at metis and at mcknight, they hide behind the pillars, you cant see them, but they can see you, they're there all the time, my wife drives that stretch every day and sees them at least once a week.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Man I was driving on Stoney last week and was reminiscing about the insane speeds we used to do when we were younger and it had just opened. I am glad I don't speed like that anymore as I'm sure I would have lost my license by now if I did.

Good luck op.

My Ride
    bus

Is all the info on the ticket correct? I'm surprised they didn't impound the bike, I thought speeding over 50km = maxi today court date and impound.

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

I got caught just passing under Deerfoot stony northbound in the far left lane that eventually ends. I am always careful to check off ramp traffic. This officer was in a completely stock Dodge half ton non tinted windows.

I looked in my review mirror and saw a truck passing traffic in the shoulder, at that point I started slowing down and pulled over when his lights came on.

Mandatory court appearance, white ticket.

First thing he said to me was "I hope you know your walking from here"

I pled my case and he let me continue to ride to work.

First thing I did when I got to work was book in with Charlie

All the info on the ticket was bang on so that's a no go

Charlie said best case I'm looking at a $1500 fine and 30 days suspension sometime In the winter
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

My Ride
    Nothing

Drive a cooler vehicle.

I got pulled over doing 230-240 in an 80. Cop was behind me in a marked car, I didn't realize he was there, doing 80, then put it into 3rd and did a rolling burnout and away to 200+ ... and all I got was a 'cool car, pay more attention and don't do that again'.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

^my god. If you were a smokin' knock out of a chick I could somewhat believe that, a little..... but as a guy? Fuck... yeah you must have had one helluva cool car. Damn, I never heard of anyone getting off that easy while doing anything of that sort.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    TwoTurbos

Originally posted by Thaco
    they love to hide under the bridge at metis and at mcknight, they hide behind the pillars, you cant see them, but they can see you, they're there all the time, my wife drives that stretch every day and sees them at least once a week.
    This.

I have been commuting from Airdrie for 4 weeks and see them either behind the pillars or with someone pulled over a little ways down the road basically every day around 8:00am. First time I was going maybe 5 over the limit and had no clue he was even there till he whipped out to pull another vehicle over. Now I just drive like an old man on Stoney.

Usually see two black and whites, a dark cherry ghost car and then a dark blue truck working Stoney every day. Cash cow.

Oh thought it was you that I saw until you posted where you were pulled over. Saw a bike pulled over with a guy in the back seat of a marked cruiser on EB Stoney between Country Hills and Sarcee. I always see people pulled over on Stoney (usually unmarked vehicles) but never see any actual traps.

I don't think Pointts is worth it in the current traffic court environment where they have a firmer stance against RO tickets. Go down, plead your case yourself with the officer and/or crown before the actual trial and your fine will probably be quite similar to what Charlie is thinking, and you save the fees you pay to Pointts.

It was worth it to pay them to get a RO ticket back in the day, but that doesn't happen anymore.
    ---

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-24-2020 at 08:47 PM.

My Ride
    Nothing

Originally posted by Graham_A_M
    ^my god. If you were a smokin' knock out of a chick I could somewhat believe that, a little..... but as a guy? Fuck... yeah you must have had one helluva cool car. Damn, I never heard of anyone getting off that easy while doing anything of that sort.
    Just my 65 cobra.

I think it was because of how absurd the situation was - he was literally right behind me, I'm doing the speed limit for like 5km or so, then all of a sudden a rolling burnout, bam to 200+ and back down to 80. And he even ended up having to chase me a km or so, lights and siren blaring, because i had no idea he was behind me until I went into a turn lane (straight piped V8+no mirrors = only what's ahead of me is important).

when he got out he was initially PISSED and he started off by saying 'how come you didn't pull over....why couldn't you see me.........hey, where are your mirrors?'

And I was like 'uhhhh, they fell off and are at the bodyshop being repainted?'

And then he had this 'oh for fvcks sake' look, told me cool car don't do that shit again and went back to his cruiser.

But karma balanced out because last year i got pulled over on Deerfoot doing like 103 (yes, 3 or 4km over the limit) because i passed a marked car (again, 3 or 4km over the limit) and he got all offended by that

So those are the only times I've ever been pulled over - doing around 150 over the limit and doing 4 over the limit
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    2008 Nissan Titan

6 years back I got 75 over on groat road in Edmonton on my bike. 136 in a 50. It was my first ticket and I paid 1500$ plus 6 demerits. Never lost my license. The guy before me was 200+ in a 100 with high demerits and they took his bike plus a fine quite larger than mine. Totally up to the judge.

My Ride
    EG6

We had a go kart on stoney when they were still working on it and all we got was a "that's cool but you can't be here doing that!". My friends cart was going fast enough that the front tires lifted without the front vailence (it's not track approved). We tried really hard but the cops wouldn't take it for a spin, cool guys though.
    If you get angry at my post please re-read as a joke or sarcasm.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast