Quantcast
Pulled over 173 stony on my bike. Best options? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Pulled over 173 stony on my bike. Best options?

My Ride
    My wife crazy!

Originally posted by M.alex

Just my 65 cobra.

I think it was because of how absurd the situation was - he was literally right behind me, I'm doing the speed limit for like 5km or so, then all of a sudden a rolling burnout, bam to 200+ and back down to 80. And he even ended up having to chase me a km or so, lights and siren blaring, because i had no idea he was behind me until I went into a turn lane (straight piped V8+no mirrors = only what's ahead of me is important).

when he got out he was initially PISSED and he started off by saying 'how come you didn't pull over....why couldn't you see me.........hey, where are your mirrors?'

And I was like 'uhhhh, they fell off and are at the bodyshop being repainted?'

And then he had this 'oh for fvcks sake' look, told me cool car don't do that shit again and went back to his cruiser.

But karma balanced out because last year i got pulled over on Deerfoot doing like 103 (yes, 3 or 4km over the limit) because i passed a marked car (again, 3 or 4km over the limit) and he got all offended by that

So those are the only times I've ever been pulled over - doing around 150 over the limit and doing 4 over the limit
    I call complete BS too. 200 km and cop didnt care, with a burnout to boot??...gimme a break.

Then 4 over on Deerfoot???.....LOL. Nope. 1stly no cop in Calgary would turn that into their Sgt for fear of a sever tounge lashing, secondly the crown wouldnt accept. And third and most importantly, NO cop in Calgary would risk their life on the Deerfoot to pull you over for 4kms over.

Sorry dude....this smells like a truck of cow poop.
    Last edited by Traffic_Cop; 06-26-2015 at 02:16 PM.

My Ride
    Blue boy

Originally posted by M.alex
    Drive a cooler vehicle.

I got pulled over doing 230-240 in an 80. Cop was behind me in a marked car, I didn't realize he was there, doing 80, then put it into 3rd and did a rolling burnout and away to 200+ ... and all I got was a 'cool car, pay more attention and don't do that again'.
    Cool Story Bro!

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by legendboy
    Points now charges 795+tax for their service

I think I am going to just stick with them and hope for the best.

Best case I am expecting a $1500 dollar fine and hopefully only 30 day

Super fucking bummed I got caught, this really blows
    That's brutal and a drastic change from 4 years ago.

My first ticket 50 over I posted up above.

My second ticket less than a year later was 73 over as well haha $1800 fine and 6 demerits but no suspension. Life goes on bro. I picked up a radar detector and haven't been picked off since. *knocks on wood* haha
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    '20 SS 1LE

I believe the Cobra story, the right cop(s) combined with lucky circumstances = once in a lifetime warning.

My Ride
    It's wind powered

Sometimes you get off sometimes you don't, I got pulled over the other day for doing 90 in a 60 zone. Cop was a real hardass at first but I didn't loose my cool, apologized for speeding and told him I had to run to the bank. He let me go off with a warning and told me to slow down. End of it, but the 240 in a cobra... Idk possible but not plausible.
    Happiness starts at 3000 rpm.

My Ride
    something green

Originally posted by Traffic_Cop

I call complete BS too. 200 km and cop didnt care, with a burnout to boot??...gimme a break.

Then 4 over on Deerfoot???.....LOL. Nope. 1stly no cop in Calgary would turn that into their Sgt for fear of a sever tounge lashing, secondly the crown wouldnt accept. And third and most importantly, NO cop in Calgary would risk their life on the Deerfoot to pull you over for 4kms over.

Originally posted by rage2

To be fair, I had pretty much the exact same scenario as M.alex in my HPF M3. I was troubleshooting meth injection and went from 50 to 150 in a 50 zone in front of an unmarked cop. Pulled over right away, didn't lie, and got warned to watch out better.
    I have had a very similar experience as M.Alex and Rage, some cops are very lenient, others think they are Buford T. Justice.
    Too loud for Aspen

I got a ticket for somewhere around there on crowchild. I am pretty sure it was 3-4km/hr
    Euro

My Ride
    Volvo S60 & Jeep GC

I was going a bit under 240 but have had a similar experience, we all had a laugh and went about our day. I try hard to believe that cops can see intent, being as I have about 10 speeding warnings, all happened at a safe time and place to speed. Police are human too.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

Just went from glenmore to crowfoot and back this evening, saw one ghost with someone pulled over at country hills NE (SB) and another in the construction on the bridge just after harvest hills nw (SB)

they love the cash cow that is stoney, i do 110 and not a k more... they seem cool with that.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    My wife crazy!

Originally posted by GTS4tw

I was going a bit under 240 but have had a similar experience, we all had a laugh and went about our day. I try hard to believe that cops can see intent, being as I have about 10 speeding warnings, all happened at a safe time and place to speed. Police are human too.
    BS!! I havent worked traffic for a while now, plus im lenient. But thats just dumb, and i don't beleive any police officer would ever let that slide. Either you exaggerated your speed, or it never happened

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

[i]Originally posted by Thaco
    they love the cash cow that is stoney, i do 110 and not a k more... they seem cool with that.
    Its only a cash cow cause people keep speeding outrageously there. If people didnt speed so much there I bet the police presence would drastically decrease.

Tons of citizens complain about speeders on Stoney... so guess where the cops end up? Pretty simple logic there.

My Ride
    My wife crazy!

Originally posted by OTown

Its only a cash cow cause people keep speeding outrageously there. If people didnt speed so much there I bet the police presence would drastically decrease.

Tons of citizens complain about speeders on Stoney... so guess where the cops end up? Pretty simple logic there.
    Nah. Apparentley we let people go at 240kmh with a handshake and a hug

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-24-2020 at 08:47 PM.

My Ride
    My wife crazy!

Originally posted by 01RedDX

It's not like you guys are out there waiting for and actively targeting dangerous drivers and people going 240 when you spend 15-20 minutes writing each ticket for 15 or 20 over. Times that by hundreds of tickets written in this city every day and that's where most of your time goes. You simply identify certain areas where most people are used to safely driving a certain rate of speed, so it's like shooting fish in a barrel in terms of ticket revenue.
    Ill tell you right now, traffic cops in Calgary have the new e-printer system. It takes less than 2-3 minutes to serve you your ticket, and contary to what beyonders write, the traffic cops actually give you wayyyy more grace than street cops. With the new in board cameras, sneaky cars etc the traffic guys will spend more time looking out for the real hazardous rather than hiding under a bridge. You also have to remember that the traffic guys are carrying an enormous case load with traffic fatals. They don't just come in, get a ticket book and driveaway. The primary role of traffic is the investigation of all fatal and serious life altering collisions in calgary. They are busy guys.

My Ride
    99 Blazer

I believe the 3km/hr stories.... I once got a photo radar for 13 over and I said damn. 3km/hr too much lol

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

BS!! I havent worked traffic for a while now, plus im lenient. But thats just dumb, and i don't beleive any police officer would ever let that slide. Either you exaggerated your speed, or it never happened
    Not all cops are alike. Depending on time, place, traffic, weather I have see many people let off from excessive speeds like this - USUALLY - because the motorist wasnt a dick.

My Ride
    My wife crazy!

Originally posted by revelations

Not all cops are alike. Depending on time, place, traffic, weather I have see many people let off from excessive speeds like this - USUALLY - because the motorist wasnt a dick.
    LOL!! For 140 over??? Never will happen

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

Probably going install a jammer on my bike

Maybe something like this http://www.adaptivtechnologies.com/g...x-laser-jammer
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

My Ride
    AP1 / CRV

Nadeau & Associates have worked wonders for tickets for myself and a few friends in the past. From my own experience I personally prefer him over POINTS. Only downside, never picks up his phone. You need to go to his office during the day. Good luck with the ticket legendboy

My Ride
    Ford F150

Was pulled over doing 150 through strathmore years ago. Admitted it, told him I was sorry but just wanted to get home to sleep. He told me to drive safe and be careful near bassano as they were on patrol too.

I had a friend get a ticket for 5 over. Saw it with my own eyes. RCMP though.

All scenarios are possible.

240 is a little crazy though. Roads in Calgary aren't good enough to drive that fast
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast