Quantcast
The Confederate Flag: Still at war - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Confederate Flag: Still at war

Originally posted by sputnik
    Funny you mentioned that:

My Ride
    550i, X5

So they are getting rid of the confederate flag, and the US Supreme Court is allowing gay marriage...in the same day? Some rednecks gone be pissed lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Of course, a perfectly good explanation is boring, so the answer is, it's fucking voodoo.

The debate is mainly about whether the flag should be flown at the South Carolina capitol - all of the retailers pulling it has been their own decision.

As an american, I do not think the government should be flying the flag of a regime that promoted slavery. Slavery is still a very sensitive issue in the US, and I can't imagine what it would be like to be an African American and having to look at that flag fly above your state capitol. It would be similar to being Jewish, and seeing the swastika flying over german bundestag.

My Ride
    Volvo S60 & Jeep GC

Originally posted by FraserB
    So they want to get rid of the Virginia Battle Flag, not one of flags of the Confederate States of America?

Or are people just calling it the wrong thing?
    the people who are for this are actually, literally retarded (not an insult, I mean the actual definition). They will not understand your comment, but will be belligerent about it anyway.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by FixedGear
    It would be similar to being Jewish, and seeing the swastika flying over german bundestag.
    That was going to be my argument.

I saw some clip out there a couple days ago, but obviously forgot now, where the superficial (though still valid, I think) argument is that the Confederates lost the Civil War, and losers don't get to fly their flag in the capital. It's not the end all be all of the debate, but I think it's definitely a valid point.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Volvo S60 & Jeep GC

Sucks to be Mississippi.......

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Its pretty obvious the south lost.

Hawaiian welfare recipient, probably of polynesian origin $60,950 US in welfare benefits. Most southern states $14,500 US in welfare benefits.

Convert that to Canadian, and you would have to be positively insane to not be a welfare bum in Hawaii and make Texas and all those confederate losers pay for it.

Haha! You lose, you pay - its the American way.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 06-26-2015 at 07:45 PM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

Originally posted by vengie

All of those soldiers fought and died for that flag, for a belief they all had. Whether or not it is the correct belief by today's standards is irrelevant.

The sensitivity of the population today is actually disgusting.
    they should build a huge memorial in Germany with the Nazi flag proudly flying there.

Hitler and all those SS soldiers fought and died for that flag, for a belief they all had. Whether or not it is the correct belief by today's standards is irrelevant.

My Ride
    EG6

Fuck em, no one is proud of their Nazi grand parents. Why are these guys any different.
    If you get angry at my post please re-read as a joke or sarcasm.

Originally posted by Fly Fishin'
    Fuck em, no one is proud of their Nazi grand parents.
    That's not even remotely true. Do you know any German people whose grandparents fought in the war? Many are still extremely proud of their grandparents. Not all German soldiers were Nazi war criminals.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    G6

The confederate flag is a flag of treason and slavery. Honestly, it's not that much different a symbol than the swastika.

Originally posted by sabad66

they should build a huge memorial in Germany with the Nazi flag proudly flying there.

Hitler and all those SS soldiers fought and died for that flag, for a belief they all had. Whether or not it is the correct belief by today's standards is irrelevant.

You know... there are plenty "Third Reich" memorials in Germany.

If you are unaware what the "Third Reich" was, look it up.

Hitler and several members of the SS are convicted war criminals, those individuals should not be publicly remembered, but not every soldier who fought for Germany had the same twisted beliefs of the SS. They fought and died for their country.
    Last edited by vengie; 06-29-2015 at 09:03 AM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

The General Lee is losing the flag. Lynyrd Skynyrd is losing it too. The terrorists have won.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

The fact that this is being debated is ridiculous. Let people fly whatever flag they want, like it or not its part of their culture and history and flying a "confederate" flag has nothing to do with why some crazy guy walked into a church and killed 9 black people.

This is nearly as stupid as the debate in city council this week about painting a crosswalk on 17th rainbow colors to promote gay pride
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by vengie
    You know... there are plenty "Third Reich" memorials in Germany.

If you are unaware what the "Third Reich" was, look it up.

Hitler and several members of the SS are convicted war criminals, those individuals should not be publicly remembered, but not every soldier who fought for Germany had the same twisted beliefs of the SS. They fought and died for their country.
    Yep. Like my Opa. He didn't commit any atrocities. In fact, he was a simple farmer whom was recruited into the Luftwaffe. The Allies did a lot of horrible stuff as well to the German people. Like fire bombing the shit out of my Oma's town. Or summary executions of Waffen SS officers by our good ol' Canadian boys in the process of liberating the camps etc.

I'm extremely proud of my Opa and the German people in general for rising up against that ridiculous treaty of versailles. Let's not have that feat be tainted by the later evil inflicted by Hitler & co on the Jewish people.

War is inherently evil. Churchill in fact was quite a racist fellow. He didn't have a lot of good to say about brown people in India. I believe that he actually shot a few of them for sport. Blows my mind.

Look at Erwin Rommel. My profile picture lol. He's the perfect example of someone who drew the line between his allegiance to Germany and Hitler's master plan. For that, he paid the price.
    Last edited by Hallowed_point; 06-29-2015 at 09:28 AM.

I'm frankly amazed at the revisionism of history going down. The American Civil war was NOT fought because of slavery. It was fought to prevent the destruction of the Union. Anyone who tells you otherwise is bending history for their political agenda. This was not a good guy vs bad guy war. There was Union states where slavery was legal that participated in the war.

My Ride
    Z

Originally posted by Hallowed_point

Yep. Like my Opa. He didn't commit any atrocities. In fact, he was a simple farmer whom was recruited into the Luftwaffe. The Allies did a lot of horrible stuff as well to the German people. Like fire bombing the shit out of my Oma's town. Or summary executions of Waffen SS officers by our good ol' Canadian boys in the process of liberating the camps etc.

I'm extremely proud of my Opa and the German people in general for rising up against that ridiculous treaty of versailles. Let's not have that feat be tainted by the later evil inflicted by Hitler & co on the Jewish people.

War is inherently evil. Churchill in fact was quite a racist fellow. He didn't have a lot of good to say about brown people in India. I believe that he actually shot a few of them for sport. Blows my mind.

Look at Erwin Rommel. My profile picture lol. He's the perfect example of someone who drew the line between his allegiance to Germany and Hitler's master plan. For that, he paid the price.
    Yea my grandparent's parents had such a good experience with WWI that as soon as my Opa could, he jumped on a boat for Canada around 1943-44. Not everyone agreed with Hitler but the SS was so pervasive and the consequences so bad, that people had to. See what they did to the jews? They'd do similar for treason. People didn't have a choice.
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

What blows my mind over all of this oversensitive bullshit thats rampant in today's society is that 1 month ago no one was talking about this, now its all over the news. Its the same as people changing sport team names or school names because some sensitive pussy got offended. In my home town there are a couple of white students trying to change their highschool team name from the Mohawks because they find it offensive. The schoolboard went to the local bands and they had no problem with it.

Its just absolutely astonishing.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by schurchill39
    What blows my mind over all of this oversensitive bullshit thats rampant in today's society is that 1 month ago no one was talking about this, now its all over the news. Its the same as people changing sport team names or school names because some sensitive pussy got offended. In my home town there are a couple of white students trying to change their highschool team name from the Mohawks because they find it offensive. The schoolboard went to the local bands and they had no problem with it.

Its just absolutely astonishing.
    A guy went and murdered a bunch of people. Promoted racism & the confederacy.

Listen, I agree with you regarding the SJWification of our society, but I don't feel that the issue with the flag is a result of that.

It's the result of a mass-murder bringing to light some of the archaic and racist practices still taking place in some parts of the USA.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2