Quantcast
Sunroof Explodes on my wife's 2014 Nissan Rogue - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: Sunroof Explodes on my wife's 2014 Nissan Rogue

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Also I assume your rate goes up after a claim, or multiple claims, so that needs to be factored in as well.
    TD told me yesterday that windshield or sunroof claims are comprehensive claims and they have zero effect on renewal premiums.

I did some further research online and have found that if you start making too many windshield claims (ie: more then 1 per year) that some insurance companies will stop offering full glass coverage to you all together.

Quote Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post
    TD told me yesterday that windshield or sunroof claims are comprehensive claims and they have zero effect on renewal premiums.

I did some further research online and have found that if you start making too many windshield claims (ie: more then 1 per year) that some insurance companies will stop offering full glass coverage to you all together.
    Interesting - that's a little better then. Thanks for the info.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

I'd say most likely, as that would be needed as part of the installation of the windshield. I've seen videos of Crystal Glass on TV saying they can do the re-calibrations. So maybe the bigger shops like Crystal can, but the smaller indys like Cal-Alta, Speedys/Windshield Surgeons haven't invested in programming computers require dealer calibration.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Thanks for the info dj_rice.

It would still be beneficial to add glass coverage to a leased vehicle, no?
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

I told.my old man about this thread having had not one but two explosions of his sunroof on his Murano and he called the number, emailed them, and now they are using him as the head plaintiff in their case. I'll keep you updated if he ever gets any of nissans money in his grubby little hands .

First sunroof exploded overnight in his garage and the second on crowchild I think

Went to trade it in with the sunroof taped together and they said they didn't want it

Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post
    Thanks for the info dj_rice.

It would still be beneficial to add glass coverage to a leased vehicle, no?
    Probably situation-specific, but in my case, my lease agreement says a new windshield is only $500 if cracked when I return the car, compared to $800+ otherwise. So maybe not.

With a lease, if your windshield cracks you might as well leave it that way until you return it unless it's blocking your view or something. You want to do as little as possible if you plan on returning the lease to the dealer.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Probably situation-specific, but in my case, my lease agreement says a new windshield is only $500 if cracked when I return the car, compared to $800+ otherwise. So maybe not.

With a lease, if your windshield cracks you might as well leave it that way until you return it unless it's blocking your view or something. You want to do as little as possible if you plan on returning the lease to the dealer.
    This. I’ve always returned cars with windshield cracked to shit. Cheaper that way.

I’ve purchased my last 2 cars, those ones gets window coverage.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This. I’ve always returned cars with windshield cracked to shit. Cheaper that way.

Don't they charge you OEM replacement rates for them if you do that? I figured it would be better to get an aftermarket one installed the morning of lease return hoping you don't get it cracked driving back to the dealership.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by oilerfan4lyfe View Post
    Don't they charge you OEM replacement rates for them if you do that? I figured it would be better to get an aftermarket one installed the morning of lease return hoping you don't get it cracked driving back to the dealership.
    I buy the package for $300 over the course of the lease that allows up to $4k in wear/damage. Windshield, bald tires, win.

That $300 is even cheaper when you wrap up the lease 6 months earlier and move to a new car. Shorter term with longer term rates and benefits.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

I added on glass coverage for my van, $60 a year from TD MM. Big pano sunroof and a heated windshield (little embedded wires in it), so I can only imagine how much it would be to replace.

Quote Originally Posted by oilerfan4lyfe View Post
    Not in my case (Honda).

You might be able to find a cheaper aftermarket windshield but the sensor calibration seems to add a significant cost portion, and that aftermarket windshield it would have to be compatible with the sensors as well.

It's funny actually, in 20 years of driving daily in Calgary, I have literally never had a cracked windshield on any vehicle I've owned until very recently, so I plan on leaving it that way until the end of the lease. If I decide to sell the car privately instead, I'll get it fixed myself.

My Ride
    G05

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post

@rage2 … not relevant to the sunroof but curious on why you decided to purchase your vehicles this time as you seem to be pro leasing in previous threads?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by s2k_boi View Post
    @rage2 … not relevant to the sunroof but curious on why you decided to purchase your vehicles this time as you seem to be pro leasing in previous threads?
    I’m pro leasing when the rates are right. The E residuals and rates are horrible, worse than SUV bad. Better gamble to buy and sell later. Also decided to try to keep cars a little longer. Even got the extended warranty on the wagon.

I love the E’s, no choice but to buy.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

New car lasted 7 days... spider crack chip dead center of the windshield. Fuck

Just got it repaired and looks like it shouldn’t crack further. Also found out OEM replacement is $1600 ish. Crazy.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6