Quantcast
BlackBerry Venice - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: BlackBerry Venice

Originally posted by firebane
    Try fucking typing on a Z10.. I seriously don't respond to emails unless I absolutely have to. Its an absolute garbage touch keyboard.
    Thats interesting.

I have a Z10 and like it WAY more than the android or iOS keyboards.

I use the swipe up feature a lot and my accuracy has only improved as I used it more.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Originally posted by sputnik

Thats interesting.

I have a Z10 and like it WAY more than the android or iOS keyboards.

I use the swipe up feature a lot and my accuracy has only improved as I used it more.
    The keyboard doesn't hold a bloody candle to Swiftkey at all.

Swiftkey is smart and has awesome predictions. Blackberry is like hurr durr.

That price tag though...wish it was cheaper

Rogers pricing is cheaper than shopblackberry but not sure what the other carriers will put the price.

Well I ordered assuming it'll work on Wind. I didn't want to wait any longer for a new phone.

And I hated Swiftkey.

I didn't like that the predictive text was above the keyboard whereas the BB predictive text is above the next letter of the word or on the spacebar.

It made my typing far more fluid where with Swiftkey I had to watch the words above to see if they we what I needed and then move out of position to use the suggested word.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by LOLzilla
    Well I ordered assuming it'll work on Wind. I didn't want to wait any longer for a new phone.
    Band 4 is covered, should be ok.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by sputnik
    I didn't like that the predictive text was above the keyboard whereas the BB predictive text is above the next letter of the word or on the spacebar.

Werd. I love swiftkey. I swipe full sentences at a time. It's amusing watching it make zero sense to completely fixing itself. It's nice that it knows how I like to form my sentences. Also, it's amazing that I can type my entire address with 6 taps.

So anyone getting this phone this friday?

My Ride
    This and that.

I have the preorder in and speculation is that it'll ship on Friday so people will be receiving it the following week I assume.

Yep. Looking forward to trying this out. If I hate it I'll get a MS Phone again. Hoping to have this mid next week to try out.

Yep. Looking forward to trying this out. If I hate it I'll get a MS Phone again. Hoping to have this mid next week to try out.

Anyone know of any stores selling these in town without a contract?

My Ride
    This and that.

I've been reading on Crackberry that people have been able to walk into random Telus and Rogers store and being successful in getting one.

I pre-ordered from the shop Blackberry on day one within the first hour and still have nothing. No shipping confirmation, nothing.

Originally posted by shakalaka

I pre-ordered from the shop Blackberry on day one within the first hour and still have nothing. No shipping confirmation, nothing.
    Looks like we'll be getting some swag for our wait. Check your email spam bin.

"As a thank you for buying from ShopBlackBerry, you will receive a complimentary PRIV slide-out hard shell case and a premium in-vehicle charger. Once your PRIV has been shipped, you will receive an email detailing how to redeem these accessories."

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

"As a thank you for buying from ShopBlackBerry, you will receive a complimentary PRIV slide-out hard shell case and a premium in-vehicle charger. Once your PRIV has been shipped, you will receive an email detailing how to redeem these accessories."
    Not so much swag...
    http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/11/09/cl...ampaign=buffer

“Only devices purchased via ShopBlackBerry in the USA will support wireless charging. They are both STV 100-1 models — however, wireless charging support is only specific to devices purchased via the USA ShopBlackBerry site.”

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Im using it today and I must say, I haven't had a blackberry since the torch and this thing is nice. Solid feel, gorgeous screen and shows no sign of lag in the basic use Ive put it through. I don't think I love it enough to part with my HTC E9+ and LG G4 but they have made a great product that is on part with the nice phones out there! Camera is good for every day use but wont hold its weight against an iphone 6 or G4 camera. When the keyboard is slid out , its still very solid which wasn't the case on the torch back in the day that had a lot of play.

Its a fun phone though. Just feels kinda cool to use a BB again. Been a long time since the days of my pearl, storm and torch!
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    This and that.

Yea I saw that too, but I really don't care about those things though. I never put a case on my phone and apparently the battery life is good enough so as to not need a car charger. But yea it sucks the way BB handled and is handling the whole thing. I am quite disappointed.

Originally posted by civic_stylez
    Im using it today and I must say, I haven't had a blackberry since the torch and this thing is nice. Solid feel, gorgeous screen and shows no sign of lag in the basic use Ive put it through. I don't think I love it enough to part with my HTC E9+ and LG G4 but they have made a great product that is on part with the nice phones out there! Camera is good for every day use but wont hold its weight against an iphone 6 or G4 camera. When the keyboard is slid out , its still very solid which wasn't the case on the torch back in the day that had a lot of play.

Its a fun phone though. Just feels kinda cool to use a BB again. Been a long time since the days of my pearl, storm and torch!
    i have never had a a blackberry
    mybe i will be a used one

how do you have so many phones civctyz? that is cool.

Have any of you noticed the touchscreen isn't very sensitive ?

I'm so used to just lightly touching the screen and it reacting. Here, i'm having times when i want to swipe and i actually have to touch it properly for it to respond, and the light touch doesn't react.

I'm not sure if it's my unit or if it's a general thing with this phone.

As well, how are you guys finding the call quality? It doesn't seem that clear.

lastly, have any of you noticed laggy camera ? I'm finding the camera is pretty slow imo.

I was very very excited for this phone and these few things are kind of ruining my experience with this phone. I'm not sure if it's my unit that's problematic or if it's the general experience.

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

I'm really thinking of getting rid of my Note 4 Edge to get one...I just really miss having a physical keyboard.
    Originally posted by HeavyD
    you know you are making the right decision if Toma opposes it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast