Quantcast
BlackBerry Venice - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: BlackBerry Venice

Well this is pretty crummy. Still no shipping notification. The fuq. Really trying to support a bit of Canada here....

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Hero_X
    lastly, have any of you noticed laggy camera ? I'm finding the camera is pretty slow imo.
    All reviews complained about this and the camera isn't that great. May be they can fix it with software update in the future.

My Ride
    This and that.

Originally posted by LOLzilla
    Well this is pretty crummy. Still no shipping notification. The fuq. Really trying to support a bit of Canada here....
    I got fed up of the waiting and ended up picking one outright from a Rogers store. Luckily they work with Fido out of the box. Then I noticed that the pending charge that was sitting on my credit card disappeared on its own as in they didn't go through with it since they couldn't deliver the product. Called the bank and told them not to process any more charges from them if they do happen to try again. Wrote them a nice FU email and said I am canceling my order. Anyway liking the phone so far, just setting it up for the time being so haven't played around with it much.

Anymore feedback on this phone? I'm considering getting one. I currently use a clasdic and have used android in the past.

Just curious on the performance and any issues.

My Ride
    rubbish

I used one for 10 days but then I exchanged it because it was just too big for my pocket, and that's where it would have spent most of its life.

Other than the size and squarish edges, the phone was excellent for those 10 days. The operating system worked flawlessly, and the virtual keyboard is so good that I found myself not using the physical one as much as I thought. The only drawbacks I can list for it are the inability to be comfortable in pants, the location of the power/volume buttons, and the lack of a fingerprint sensor. I could probably list more things I dislike about the iphone 6s I replaced it with, I don't think you'll be disappointed with it if you can live with the shape.

Just got mine in the mail on Monday, still haven't started using it yet.

Question for fellow android users: What's the best way to back up text messages, pictures etc from my Note 3 and transfering them onto the BB Priv?

I'm also using a new gmail address for the Priv and I've manged to copy all the contacts over to the new account, however I can't get it to back up the rest of the information.

My Ride
    This and that.

I am still using mine and I don't stick with phones for that long. I love it, love the keyboard and everything else about it. The thing that irks me is the slow camera but I don't use that too much anyway.

Thanks for the info. How's the battery life? Can you make it 16 hours without charging?

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by andyg16
    Question for fellow android users: What's the best way to back up text messages, pictures etc from my Note 3 and transfering them onto the BB Priv?

I'm also using a new gmail address for the Priv and I've manged to copy all the contacts over to the new account, however I can't get it to back up the rest of the information.
    SMS backup restore app
    Pix use dropbox; sync across ALL THE THINGS! Can also cloud store the SMS backup files.

My Ride
    This and that.

Originally posted by roopi
    Thanks for the info. How's the battery life? Can you make it 16 hours without charging?
    I can go full day, 7AM to 10PM without chargin for medium to heavy usage and with light usage it can easily go overnight. Gaming, GPS uses a lot more battery than other day to day functions so depends what you're using it for.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Bump considering getting one of these.

Also price dropped on BB website to make way for incoming product:
    $559 now

http://store.shopblackberry.com/stor...1DoaAk-_8P8HAQ

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

If you like BB keyboards you will love it. I know a few people that have them, my wife being one of them. She likes the big screen for pics and stuff but still prefers to use the keyboard. It is kind of nice to scroll with the keyboard while reading the screen too.

I personally was hoping when this came out that BB would release the exact same phone without the slide as I could care less about the keyboard and would rather it thinner to fit in my pocket.

I have a Galaxy S7 Edge and they are very similar in size, just the BB is about 25% thicker.

I picked one of these up on a corporate plan through work, with the austerity measures going on...it was either the bb leap/classic both on OS10, samsung GS4/5 or an iphone 5s as alternate options. I really wanted droid on BB as I have heard a lot of good things, and the DTEK is now available but I wanted the Priv as it is a more powerful phone.

Anyway, apparently Rogers is giving the Priv away now for free to those on consumer plans on a 2 year plan, and on corporate/business plans they are now free on a 3 year plan.

Got the phone.....and I love it!!! At first I thought it was a bit too big, but it compares to the iphone 6/7 plus and some other phones, it's more or less the same size within reason, but the larger screen/display really grew on me fast. As I fuck with this thing, there are lot of great and useful features on the phone itself. I missed the blackberry hub and the blackberry physical and virtual keyboard for sure. The quality overall is quite solid and it's pretty fast. I really like that some of the old BB features have been updated and integrated into this phone. And it's damn easy to use and learn!!!

Kb wise...I find that I don't even use the physical keyboard now since I am so used to a virtual keyboard and that I can actually type much faster on a virtual keyboard than a physical key now.

Long story short....I'm really loving this phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by BokCh0y
    Anyway, apparently Rogers is giving the Priv away now for free to those on consumer plans on a 2 year plan, and on corporate/business plans they are now free on a 3 year plan.
    My boss saw mine, which I had bought on Kijiji, and wanted her own.
    The corporate plan with Telus wanted $410 for 2 years.... (this is as of yesterday, after the Telus consumer 2 year is down to $210 and outright from BB unlocked is $589)

Originally posted by jwslam

My boss saw mine, which I had bought on Kijiji, and wanted her own.
    The corporate plan with Telus wanted $410 for 2 years.... (this is as of yesterday, after the Telus consumer 2 year is down to $210 and outright from BB unlocked is $589)
    Yrah I saw that on Telus. Not sure what the deal is with Rogers though, I assume they're trying to clear out this stock for something else?

Regardless, it was a great deal and bunch of us at work have upgraded via Rogers.

Love this phone!!!
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

Still a pimp as phone after 3 weeks, love it more and more each day.

It's going for $397 now through BlackBerry, unlocked too:

http://shop.blackberry.com/store/bbr...865.1479782916

My Ride
    This and that.

Damn that's low for that phone. I bought my first one at almost $800.

I did buy my 2nd one on eBay for a lot cheaper and sold that too. Thinking of picking this up at that price now.

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

Damn that is a great deal. Almost want to buy a spare as my wife loves hers (because of the physical keyboard)...

I just ordered the DTEK60 to replace my S7 Edge. Looking forward to it showing up.

And for anyone thinking about getting the Priv or any BB android device, buying direct from BB is best as the updates come immediately direct from BB. My wife's phone is updated every month with the latest Android patches from Google but my S7 Edge gets nothing.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Renewal on Rogers, eh?

Tempting...

My Ride
    Slow Injected

Is the camera lag issue fixed?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast