Quantcast
brainstorming -neighbour parking in a passive-aggressive fashion - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: brainstorming -neighbour parking in a passive-aggressive fashion

Default brainstorming -neighbour parking in a passive-aggressive fashion

This is a fun, hypothetical thread, where we can throw ideas around, nothing more

Let's say I come home every day after morning rush hour and park my car on the street.

The area fills up with commuters/workers during the day, so usually the spots in front of my house are taken, and I have to park around the corner.

A certain resident has been consistently parking with 2-3mm of clearance, every day (he has a backup camera). Luckily the other neighbours do not block me in. i believe he does this to express his annoyance at me parking in front of his house (about 4 car lengths of room there when he comes home, but usually only 1 space open during the time when I come home)

He knows where I live and has not made any effort to communicate.

What would you guys do in this hypothetical situation (surrender is not an option)

Suggested by friends but unsure of potential legal ramifications:
    -let air out of tires
    -box him in on both sides with beaters/car2go
    Last edited by slinkie; 07-10-2015 at 06:53 AM.

I'd first try talking to him in a civil and upbeat manner.

My Ride
    G37X

I wouldn't touch his car personally as he may be recording you. I would certainly box him in as it's tough to prove that it was "intentional." I've debated removing my curber neighbours licence plates off of his various beaters that settle around our neighbourhood. Or...hide inside your car and pop out "randomly" to discuss the matter in person if you know the approximate time he arrives home from work. I like surprising people personally.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-14-2019 at 12:46 PM.

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

I would approach it in an understanding manner. I would tell him that you don't like people parking in front of your house either but you have to park where you can and that the streets are public property. Appreciate that it most likely annoys him but that you need a place to park too and if you had your way, you wouldn't park in front of his house either. If hes cool and understanding, problem avoided. If hes a fat redneck hillbilly asshole, id resort to urban warfare....
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

I'd stop parking in front of his house. I suspect him parking within mm of you is his only way of expressing his frustration; he may hate confrontation or not be comfortable with coming to talk to you about something so seemingly trivial.

Just be a good neighbor and the better guy here, and just stop. Easy solution.

Tldr; Stop parking there. Be kind. I am not the neighbor.

My Ride
    '10 Civic

Perhaps you could socially engineer this a bit more. Wear a mask at night(in case you are being recorded) and let the air out of your own tires, then confront your neighbour asap and raise hell for him sabotaging your car as well as parking to close and communicate that it's unacceptable behaviour to do either and would expect more from your neighbour. At the same time explain the reason why you have to park there. He will deny the tires but you could ask about parking too close to get some type of confession out of him. Then you can call him out assuming you have seen him do it.

It seems excessive but consider it a bait and switch in the fact that you actually don't really care about the tires but you do care about the distance . In this case your neighbour will see you more victimized and would hopefully be less likely to mess with you.

Thoughts ?

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by Boat
    Perhaps you could socially engineer this a bit more. Wear a mask at night(in case you are being recorded) and let the air out of your own tires, then confront your neighbour asap and raise hell for him sabotaging your car as well as parking to close and communicate that it's unacceptable behaviour to do either and would expect more from your neighbour. At the same time explain the reason why you have to park there. He will deny the tires but you could ask about parking too close to get some type of confession out of him. Then you can call him out assuming you have seen him do it.

It seems excessive but consider it a bait and switch in the fact that you actually don't really care about the tires but you do care about the distance . In this case your neighbour will see you more victimized and would hopefully be less likely to mess with you.

Thoughts ?
    Master tactician here..that's ingenious..very cunning. Haha

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Ring his doorbell, ask him to stop parking so close to your vehicle.

My Ride
    79 Country Squire 95 Deville 09 Jeep JK

Park your car in the garage/on the driveway (front or rear). Problem solved.

My Ride
    fairlady tt

Originally posted by ianmcc
    Park your car in the garage/on the driveway (front or rear). Problem solved.
    What if there is no garage/driveway?

I would just pull up and have my bumper touch his. Take pics and then go to his door and ask him wtf.
    Last edited by P_D; 07-10-2015 at 09:02 AM.

My Ride
    93 integra

Happens to me all the time in marda loop. annoying as fuck but nothing you can do. street parking has its issues.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by P_D

What if there is no garage/driveway?
    As far as I can tell, offstreet parking has been mandatory in Edmonton and Red Deer forever. Is it not the same in Calgary?

You would have to be pretty stupid to fuck with his car when he knows where you live and what you drive.

Move to burbs lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    1917 Model T, VW Baja, '18 Ram 2500 CTD/6spd

Every time he boxes you in, simply need to be somewhere at 3am and politely and apologetically wake him up to move his car that he parked mm from yours. Shouldn't take more than a few nights to get the message across.

I would just ask friends that are going away on the weekend to park their cars in front of his place so he has no spot at all
    ---

My Ride
    Lease

Within car2go zone? Find out his schedule, get group of friends logging off car2go in front of his house before his arrival back from work, daily.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by Rocket1k78
    You would have to be pretty stupid to fuck with his car when he knows where you live and what you drive.

Move to burbs lol
    I'd say that depends. I think the world would be a better place if we stood up to bullies and assholes instead of cowering. I'm not advocating assaulting anyone. But should said belligerent person attack, self defense is perfectly legal in Canada.

My Ride
    Hatred

Burn his house down.
    -U

Originally posted by Unknown303
    Burn his house down.
    This.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast