Quantcast
brainstorming -neighbour parking in a passive-aggressive fashion - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: brainstorming -neighbour parking in a passive-aggressive fashion

My Ride
    2002 330xi, 1992 Miata, 1996 Spec Miata, 2012 Ram

Note how far up his tire tends to be, then leave a friendly caltrop there.

My Ride
    2014 Fit Sport

Agreed with the suggestions of talking to the neighbour first, in person, and in a civil and relaxed fashion. Does he have room to park with a reasonable amount of clearance?

I recently had someone back his truck up so close to my car that the bumpers were less than an inch from touching, and his hitch receiver was almost touching my air dam. I saw him doing it and came out to see if he actually contacted my car, and he defended it by saying he had a backup camera. The front of his truck was still blocking the neighbour's driveway and he was only there for less than a minute to pick someone else up, so I have no idea why he felt the need to be that close. Some people just seem to like taking liberties with those cameras.
    Last edited by gogreen; 07-10-2015 at 12:12 PM.

Originally posted by Unknown303
    Burn his house down.
    ...but not completely, just enough so they have to remediate and repair!
    ---

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

Originally posted by Seth1968
    I'd first try talking to him in a civil and upbeat manner.
    Exactly. Why not take the high road and try to solve it civilly before reducing yourself to douche-maneuvers?

*knock* *knock*

"Hi there, I can't help but notice that you park super close to my car all the time. I suppose you may do this because I'm always parked in front of your house. Sorry about that. I'd much rather be parking in front of my own house, but when I get home, there's always other people taking the spots there. I guess that's what we have to put up with parking on a public street!? I'll keep trying to park in front of my own house whenever possible...think you could give me some more room if I can't?"

If he still acts like a moron...then do what you need to do.
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

My Ride
    Hatred

Originally posted by freshprince1

Exactly. Why not take the high road and try to solve it civilly before reducing yourself to douche-maneuvers?

*knock* *knock*

"Hi there, I can't help but notice that you park super close to my car all the time. I suppose you may do this because I'm always parked in front of your house. Sorry about that. I'd much rather be parking in front of my own house, but when I get home, there's always other people taking the spots there. I guess that's what we have to put up with parking on a public street!? I'll keep trying to park in front of my own house whenever possible...think you could give me some more room if I can't?"

If he still acts like a moron...then do what you need to do.
    The high road is for people who don't have access to fire.
    -U

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Burn his house down.
    Burn your own house down. That way insurance will pay for a rebuild, but this time around, build a garage so you don't have to move to the burbs or deal with street parking nonsense.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    550i, X5

The high road is for people who don't have access to fire.
    awesome haha
    Originally posted by rage2
    Of course, a perfectly good explanation is boring, so the answer is, it's fucking voodoo.

To everyone who suggested making amends with him, you are unprincipled

Originally posted by carson blocks
    Every time he boxes you in, simply need to be somewhere at 3am and politely and apologetically wake him up to move his car that he parked mm from yours. Shouldn't take more than a few nights to get the message across.
    Gonna box my own car in with a 2nd car, and then try this. Sincere thanks for this idea. This is why I came here lol
    Last edited by slinkie; 07-10-2015 at 02:01 PM.

Well, sometimes parking problems happen in the suburbs as well... although it may not have anything to do with on-street parking shortage.

I am dealing with a neighbour that doesn't like to park on the street in front of his house, but intentionally park along the side of my house (corner lot with no sidewalk). It has nothing to do with the direction he is driving when he gets home either, as I saw him making a u-turn to intentionally park on our side of the street when there is an open spot in front of his house. I do not understand why he is doing it. I usually park on my driveway. It is an inconvenience for me as I need to park on the street sometimes when both my garage and driveway are parked with cars. Whenever I parked on the street in my desired spot on my side of the street, he backs up right against my bumper (<1 foot) for no apparent reason as there are plenty of space to park in front of my car. So far I am just playing along and see where it gets me. I am not gonna go out of my way to retaliate by parking in front of his house where he never parks.

Then there is another neighbour or two that like to park right at the corner of the intersection in front of our corner lot, which is illegal. It blocks sightlines when you want to exit from our side street and also prevents larger vehicles from turning properly. Again this has nothing to do with shortage of parking on the street as there isn't a shortage... they just routinely park at the corner. A couple of times their right wheels are even on my grass. I have not had the urge yet to call parking control, but at some point I might.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Measure how far his wheels are when he parks a few mm from your bumper (should be consistent). Lay spike strips at said spots. Problem solved.

My Ride
    2002 330xi, 1992 Miata, 1996 Spec Miata, 2012 Ram

Originally posted by pheoxs
    Measure how far his wheels are when he parks a few mm from your bumper (should be consistent). Lay spike strips at said spots. Problem solved.
    I guess us Airdrie people prefer the precision approach

My Ride
    '01 B15 Sentra & '10 C11X Versa 6Sp 5Dr

Originally posted by freshprince1

*knock* *knock*

&quot;Hi there, I can't help but notice that you park super close to my car all the time. I suppose you may do this because I'm always parked in front of your house. Sorry about that. I'd much rather be parking in front of my own house, but when I get home, there's always other people taking the spots there. I guess that's what we have to put up with parking on a public street!? I'll keep trying to park in front of my own house whenever possible...think you could give me some more room if I can't?&quot;
    Pretty much this. You don't need to park in a specific spot everyday, just find a random one if the front of your house is taken. It'll probably be much better to not start a war with neighbors. No one is going to win until one of you moves.
    Someday we may need to activate the halo structure off Deerfoot and destroy the North East.

My Ride
    1290SDR, 701SM

Box in people who take your spot.

Can't beat em, join em.

My Ride
    Has 5 wheels.

this happened to me a few years ago. I was living with my parents for about a month in the burbs. same thing just mm's away. I approached the home owner and he basically said fuck off and get off my property before I call the police. (guy in his late 60s). He threatened to kick my ass, I smiled and said throw one.

Next time I had my bro park his full size truck blocking him in.

A few days later I noticed he didn't close the tailgate (honda crv) all the way so interior lights were on. I decide to not mention anything and let the battery die. Dead battery and blocked in vehicles are always fun. Karma is a bitch.

My Ride
    Volvo

Originally posted by Seth1968
    I'd first try talking to him in a civil and upbeat manner.
    nope. May not work, and then you're screwed.

My Ride
    NC1

I would call Akbar to come by in the middle of the night and "take care of things".
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Originally posted by max_boost
    I would call Akbar to come by in the middle of the night and &quot;take care of things&quot;.
    Is Akbar a real guy, or did you just use an ethnic name to make someone sound more dangerous? If so, that is racist, good sir.

My Ride
    1917 Model T, VW Baja, '18 Ram 2500 CTD/6spd

Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror
    Is Akbar a real guy, or did you just use an ethnic name to make someone sound more dangerous? If so, that is racist, good sir.
    Not racist. Only white guys can be racist, and I have it on good authority that max boost is not a gwai lo.
    Last edited by carson blocks; 07-10-2015 at 10:29 PM.

My Ride
    99 Blazer

I used to do this to my neighbour who's car never moved so other people could Park, didn't think anything of it. She asked me to stop so i did lol. Just ask.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast